Careev, The Blistering Edge

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Careev, The Blistering Edge

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:18 pm

Careev/Cinder
The Blistering Edge/The Unquenched Flame
Agility; Bane (A Purty Demon Hunter with flames or some other fiery charred barbecue dude)

Story; Burn Baby Burn! Disco Inferno! Burn Baby Burn!

Level 1 Skill: – Condition Cause and AoE
Thermal Expansion
  • Cinder touches a foe with his burning palms setting them ablaze for X seconds. If the foe dies while suffering from burn caused by this skill, it explodes in a bloody and fiery mess dealing Y damage.
Level 1 Skill: – Active Cast
Scorching Blades
  • Cinder tosses a fiery discus at a foe. The discus will travel X range before returning to Cinder. Each foe hit by the disc is dealt Y damage. The original target is dealt double of Y.
Level 1 Skill: - Active Passive
Overheat
  • Whenever Cinder attacks a burning foe with this active he will give them ruin for X seconds. When this is active, Cinder will suffer from a permanent burn.
Level 6 Ultimate: – AoE Channel and Death
Blazing Sun
  • Cinder channels for a moment and superheats the air around him and takes the form of a living sun. He becomes immobile as he hovers and periodically releases waves of heat; each dealing X damage and burning foes for 3 seconds. After Y waves, Cinder explodes in a final wave dealing Z damage and burning foes for 6 seconds. All Foes within range of Cinder while he is taking the form of a sun is burned.
Extra Skill: - Stun and Conditional Effect
Obstruct
  • Cinder fires a burst of sand on a foe stunning them for a second and blinding them for X seconds. If the foe receives burn while suffering from blind caused by this skill, their blind duration is ended and they are stunned and immobile in a glass tomb. If the target receives Y attacks while in the tombs, it explodes dealing small aoe damage, damaging the target and ruining it. If the tomb exists for 5 seconds, it shatters prematurely and deals no damage. (This skill can replace the 2nd skill-- I prefer this skill)

[/list]Comments.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

TargetPractice
Holder of the Alt-F4
Location: Posing as what your shooting at, just wait, I'll get you

Re: Careev, The Blistering Edge

Post by TargetPractice » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:39 pm

This hero is awesome! Except Demon Hunter model will NOT work, possibly because DoE has alot of KB, and this would require a second import and skin, this takes more KB than is needed

Another model that has not been used would be better

And I don't care if no one agrees with me

pandamanana
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by pandamanana » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:57 pm

No offence, but I really see no significant synergies here other than the obvious burn + passive = ruin
This seems like an abomination of mashed up fire abilties that really make little sense together. The ultimate seems very Ascension-'ish which is always a bonus for me, but probably not needed in DoE.

For Obstruct, why not just give it health instead of counting the attacks... much easier and it makes more sense...

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:33 am

Intoxicated Crayon wrote: Level 1 Skill: – Condition Cause and AoE
Thermal Expansion
  • Cinder touches a foe with his burning palms setting them ablaze for X seconds. If the foe dies while suffering from burn caused by this skill, it explodes in a bloody and fiery mess dealing Y damage.
Level 6 Ultimate: – AoE Channel and Death
Blazing Sun
  • Cinder channels for a moment and superheats the air around him and takes the form of a living sun. He becomes immobile as he hovers and periodically releases waves of heat; each dealing X damage and burning foes for 3 seconds. After Y waves, Cinder explodes in a final wave dealing Z damage and burning foes for 6 seconds. All Foes within range of Cinder while he is taking the form of a sun is burned.
[/color]

[/list]Comments.
Wow this is amazing. I really love your hero but shouldn't first skill cause bleed since they die in a bloody mess?

Also does channeling blazing sun always kills you or when you complete channeling it.

I think your second skill should be replaced with the extra I like it more somehow (reminds me of LFG comic when they make glass dragons).
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:50 pm

The first active and ultimate are quite cool, but the two other are extreme fillers, and I see no real synergy here

Return to “Hero Suggestions”