Jade, Pit Fighter

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Kings_Mercy
Revenent of the Replies

Jade, Pit Fighter

Post by Kings_Mercy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Jade
Pit Fighter
Strength; Bane

Sold into slavery by her parents, Jade was bought and placed into the pit fights for most of her life. Learning to do whatever it takes to survive in the pit Jade uses whatever is at her disposal to win the fight. Finally winning her freedom from the pits,jade uses the only skills she knows to become a fighter for hire.

Level 1 Skill:
Cheap Trick
  • Jade kicks up the sand around her blinding enemies in AOE around her for 6/7/9/12/16 seconds and stunning enemies for 1/1/1/2/2 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Low Blow
  • Jade delivers a swift kick to targets nether regions dealing X damage and knocking down target for 1 seconds for every condition on target.
Level 1 Skill:
High Stakes Bluff
  • Jade sacrifices 10% of her life and lights weapon on fire instilling fear into the enemy and gaining a +5 to damage bonus for every 10% of life missing and causing heroes attacks to cause burn, effects last for 6/8/10/12/14 seconds.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Knife Edge Death Match
  • Jade locks her opponent to herself for 6/8/10 seconds getting a bonus to attack power and speed while opponent is maimed
I kinda thought Knife Edge Death Match would work like the skill janise has that locks an enemy to a wisp except in melee range, Jade being in control can move around dragging opponent with her, but unable to to break connection until duration is done leaving herself stuck with enemy for duration.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Jade, Pit Fighter

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:23 am

The idea behind Cheap trick is nice, something you can hit to gain an instant close combat advantage, so I don't mind that it has a 2s free stun. However, to add onto it that Low Blow has an up to... 7s kd, is nuts. I mean, Wrath+Low Blow = gg, no matter what, so that needs a change, but let's keep looking before we decide how.

I like High Stakes Bluff, but would recommend something more akin to this:

High Stakes Bluff - Self Target Instant
Jade loses X% (Constant, but not sure if 10 is what it needs to be) her current health for 8 seconds. During this time and for W seconds after, her attacks apply burn for Y seconds and her attack damage is increased by Z% of the damage she deals.

This differs a few ways, mainly in the fact that you gain the health back, which is to say it's a bluff, and not stabbing yourself in the gut. You act more injured, but during that time, you become stronger based on how much they attack you, and then gain that health back to finish the job.

I don't like the idea of simply locking an enemy hero to herself for the ultimate, since we already have the stun from Cheap Trick. I don't really like the idea of any pinnings with this hero, really, as dangerously low health would be more than enough to draw in any but the most damaged of foes.

Instead, why not try something not so lockdown-y. How about something that makes her just a bigger threat to anyone stupid enough to tempt her?

Death Match - Activated Passive
The first enemy hero with less than X% health to be within some range (wide enough) is marked with a Death Match. Both heroes are subject to the following:
Striking any opponent other than the opponent in the Death Match extends Maim and Blind for Y seconds
Moving in a direction away from the opponent in the Death Match extends Cripple for Y seconds.
Any Magick damage that does not also affect the opponent in the Death Match Mutes for Y seconds.
Every attack dealt to the opponent in the Death Match increases your attack speed and reduces their armor.

Ok, a bit over the top maybe, but something akin to it. And I'm sure the targeting on it needs changing, but i'm too tired to change it right now.

With all this, we revisit Low Blow, and wanting to keep the idea behind it, how about this:

Low Blow - Preparation
Extends the duration of conditions the target is currently suffering by X%, and then deals Y additional damage for every Z seconds of conditions they suffer.

Eeh, I'm sure all of this could be better, but it's some ideas, at least. And, at least it's not a stunlock hero anymore
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”