Christie Lee, Blonde over Blue

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Christie Lee, Blonde over Blue

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:16 am

Christie Lee
Blonde over Blue
Agility, Bane of Eternity

Innate Skill:
Stiletto
  • Passive
    <Hero>'s attack deals light physical damage and extends bleed by X seconds per hit.
Level 1 Skill:
My LIfe
  • Melee Range Active
    Enemy unit loses half it's bleed duration,taking X magickal damage for every second of bleed lost. Nearby allied units are healed for this amount.
Level 1 Skill:
River of Dreams
  • Active Teleport
    Blinks to target conditioned unit, extending the durations of all conditions on it by X%.
Level 1 Skill:
Only the Good Die Young
  • Activated Passive
    Any struck enemy unit gains a debuff which causes it to take X times more damage from Bleed if it has not applied a condition in the past Y seconds. Debuff lasts Z seconds (Y or Z would be a constant)
Level 6 Ultimate:
We Didn't Start the Fire
  • Active
    Fires a projectile, which deals X Magickal Damage to the first unit it strikes, as well as Y% of the magickal damage and conditions that would have been applied to the projectile as it flies.
Uh... had the idea for Stiletto, and just kinda ran with the theme... Links to each song are contained in the skill names... uh... yeah, that's about it.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Christie Lee, Blonde over Blue

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:19 am

It's hard to take a hero based on song names by Billy Joel serious. :?

Anyways, I also really don't like the idea of an innate that gives a hero perpetual access to a condition. At least Rose has to sacrifice a skill slot for it.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:23 am

I kinda figured bleed is innocuous enough by itself to use, especially if the hero takes an appropriate hit in DPS to allow it as such... I guess I could work it into her skills as they are, but I'm trying to avoid the thing alot of other heroes have such as adding to My Life something like "If unit is not bleeding, it starts bleeding for X seconds" or something.

And yeah, a little hard to take seriously, but eeh, it's fun enough to do.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:28 am

I do not think the problem of spammed "If condition X is present, do Y" stuff is solved by making condition X innately accessible to the hero. I also don't particularly like that River of Dreams skill. It just feels boring. My Life is too Flickerflame for Bleed and We Didn't Start the Fire seems like the most uninspired ultimate I've seen in awhile. (Nothing personal)

I really also don't see how the skill names fit what the skills do at all. Maybe this is why I really don't like heroes generated from song titles and stuff like this.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:33 am

Huh, maybe I'm losing my edge then. I kinda thought We Didn't Start the Fire is a pretty neat skill, designed around being a moderately meaningful counter to an AoE Spam on the Order's side...

And all of a sudden the novelty of the song skill names is worn off on me... damnit.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:43 am

Must be Crayonic Syndrome that's inducing your "loss of edge".

:p
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:02 am

I think it has more to do with running with half-baked ideas, and not having the time to really develop them like I used to (damn college getting hard), but I'll have to check on that Crayonic Syndrome...

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:26 am

TheDeathStalker wrote:I kinda thought We Didn't Start the Fire is a pretty neat skill, designed around being a moderately meaningful counter to an AoE Spam on the Order's side...
It is a fire and forget projectile that has to be inert long enough to accrue enough conditions to even be remotely valuable. Put this in terms of gameplay, the thing is unreliable (because it hinges on the enemy building it up), slow (it has to sit awhile to get conditions), and boring (obligatory projectile ultimate).
TheDeathStalker wrote:And all of a sudden the novelty of the song skill names is worn off on me... damnit.
It's clever/cute the first time it's done on a hero for a skill it makes sense with. It gets old after the second time, and to put this in perspective, you did it 7 times.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:
TheDeathStalker wrote:I kinda thought We Didn't Start the Fire is a pretty neat skill, designed around being a moderately meaningful counter to an AoE Spam on the Order's side...
It is a fire and forget projectile
mmm puns
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”