Lycosian Deathbringer

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Lycosian Deathbringer

Post by Oxygen » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:06 am

VENOR (woo)
Lycosian Deathbringer
Primary Attribute: Agility
Team: BANE

Innate Skill:
Revive Lycosian Dunestalker
  • VENOR is permanently accompanied by a special pet: A big f*cking spider. The Lycosian Dunestalker, which we will refer to as "pet", is an agility based, short ranged, unit.
Level 1 Skill:
Garrote
  • Must be used from behind the target. Inflicts heavy physical damage to target foe, and causes it to begin bleeding until it moves for at least X seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Scorpion Wire
  • Preparation skill. Must be used near pet. VENOR's next attack deals increased damage, inflicts cripple, and links the target to pet, such that if it moves too far away from it, it is knocked down.
Level 1 Skill:
Tarantella
  • Passive. Organic units only. VENOR's attacks extends invisibility on pet, and pet's attack extends invisibility on VENOR. In addition, attacks made by pet increase the foe's susceptibility to damage dealt by conditions, stacking.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Spider's Bargain
  • Self buff. Increases movement speed of VENOR and pet. If a kill is scored during this buff, pet is healed for a % of slain foe's total health, and VENOR's cooldown are refreshed.
ENJOY

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Lycosian Deathbringer

Post by Cooldood » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:35 am

Everyone wants their own zuma
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:50 pm

For some reason, I feel like there's more going on with this hero than a quick readthrough suggests. At the very least, it's more than just another zuma, it's a very different style of hero I think, stalking around instead of RAWRing in... definitely potential there, if only from the passive alone.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:10 am

It's got some okay ideas, but there are also some crippling flaws as well. You have to be behind an enemy to use the first skill? So basically it's only good if they run away from you, despite your second skill rewarding them for either chasing you or standing and fighting. (Despite the idea of cripple and knockdown potentially on next attack being rather lolimba) Those two skills kind of bother me for how they work against each other and lack meaningful interaction or application.

The passive is kind of cool, but annoying in how easy it is to make work. Compared to Atrius or even Tristy's invisibilities, that's just way too easy to keep up. I guess if you get blinded it could be tough, but that's too forced a condition to mean much. Also, a passive kind of makes the idea of the ult resetting cooldowns less useful and cool.

Speaking of the ult, it's also extremely easy to satisfy. Just like, kill a creep. (I know the 'Sin GW skill you based it on, though, it is cool)
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:17 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:It's got some okay ideas, but there are also some crippling flaws as well. You have to be behind an enemy to use the first skill? So basically it's only good if they run away from you, despite your second skill rewarding them for either chasing you or standing and fighting.
I actually saw it the other way around; being invisible would allow you to get a garrote off, and they would then be forced to run around (crippled, with risk of knockdown) to get an increasingly stronger bleeding effect off of them.
Rising_Dusk wrote:The passive is kind of cool, but annoying in how easy it is to make work. Compared to Atrius or even Tristy's invisibilities, that's just way too easy to keep up. I guess if you get blinded it could be tough, but that's too forced a condition to mean much.
Mm, well, I was seeing the invisibility lasting no more than, say, 2 seconds. Keeping it up on both heroes would require both of them to be constantly attacking, which isn't always doable.
Rising_Dusk wrote:Also, a passive kind of makes the idea of the ult resetting cooldowns less useful and cool.
I forgot to make the ultimate also initiate the invisibility effect of the passive, as I initially wanted. Doh.
Rising_Dusk wrote:Speaking of the ult, it's also extremely easy to satisfy. Just like, kill a creep. (I know the 'Sin GW skill you based it on, though, it is cool)
Yes, I know it's easy to satisfy; but you are rewarded more (at least, your pet is) if you do kill a hero. Maybe it could use a new, original and genuine effect / interesting

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:11 am

Oxygen wrote:I actually saw it the other way around; being invisible would allow you to get a garrote off, and they would then be forced to run around (crippled, with risk of knockdown) to get an increasingly stronger bleeding effect off of them.
Yes, as I suspected, you need the third skill and you need to use it awhile before the first skill can be remotely plausible and useful.
Oxygen wrote:Mm, well, I was seeing the invisibility lasting no more than, say, 2 seconds. Keeping it up on both heroes would require both of them to be constantly attacking, which isn't always doable.
It is actually kind of lame because you are forced to attack to do it and thus can't move around a lot. If you only extend it by the short amount you're proposing, then the ability is purely defensive, since you'd never be able to maintain it any other way than by attacking a lot. That's just as bad if not worse than the problem with a longer duration I mentioned before.
Oxygen wrote:Yes, I know it's easy to satisfy; but you are rewarded more (at least, your pet is) if you do kill a hero. Maybe it could use a new, original and genuine effect / interesting
The cooldowns being refreshed is far more valuable than some % life heal for the spider. Furthermore, if the cooldowns reset, you can cast it repeatedly and heal the spider many times anyways. If you want to force people to try to get hero kills with it, you need to reward that behavior better.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Suggestions”