Skimp, Springing Sorcerer

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Skimp, Springing Sorcerer

Post by Pigger » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Skimp
Springing Sorcerer
Agility; Whichever

Level 1 Skill:
Skimp On Your Back?
  • Passive (Target)
    Leaps onto target's back, if they are suffering a condition Skimp steals life per second while removing 2 seconds from any condition on them. If they suffer no conditions, Skimp causes them to bleed and lands on the ground next to them.
Level 1 Skill:
Takeoff!
  • Target Point
    Teleports to a target point and deals X physical damage around Skimp's origin. Cripples struck units. Cooldown decreases with level.
Level 1 Skill:
Burn Baby
  • Target Point Summon
    Creates a summon that burns until it dies. Upon death it explodes, causing magickal damage and all enemies nearby to burn for every second the summon burned. Skimp is teleported to it's location upon death. Summons have X life.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Rules of Attraction
  • Target Unit
    Whenever the target loses a condition, if Skimp is further than X range away he is teleported to the target and deals Y magickal damage. If Skimp is closer than X, he remains in his location but deals triple Y magickal damage.
Don't mind me. Just making a hero with each skill based on teleportation.

Any coincidental spells are...well, yeah, they're all pretty similar to skills already in or that were at one point in game. Except the ultimate!

Oh, and, terrible skill names.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: Skimp, Springing Sorcerer

Post by Loki » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:47 pm

Here I thought you made a DoE Scamp. lol
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:35 pm

I was thinking of it, and it originally began as that, but I was forcing it too much so I just...didn't.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:06 pm

Pigger wrote:Springing Sorcerer
Awful title. :x
Pigger wrote: Passive (Target)
Leaps onto target's back, if they are suffering a condition Skimp steals life per second while removing 2 seconds from any condition on them. If they suffer no conditions, Skimp causes them to bleed and lands on the ground next to them.
How do you passively 'select' the target? You really need to think about these sorts of things when describing skills.

I am not sure I really like the presented theme and style, it is a little too chaotic and uncontrollable for my tastes. (Looking at the implementation of the 2nd and 4th skills for that comment)
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:57 pm

Much like Tristan's Path of Shadows, except it targets a unit instead of just a target location.

The 2nd Skill is almost entirely the same as Jager's jump skill.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Pigger wrote:Much like Tristan's Path of Shadows, except it targets a unit instead of just a target location.
Okay, so the proper terminology is then "On Order."
Pigger wrote:The 2nd Skill is almost entirely the same as Jager's jump skill.
There is a good reason he isn't actually in the release version.

I don't know. An all teleporting hero is something I've wanted to do for awhile, I've even joked about it before. I don't quite know if this is how I would do it. It feels a lot like Scamp with an obligatory summon and a "jump on back" skill that couldn't look right in WC3 unless you remodeled everything in the game. What's his role? He just seems to bounce around a lot and not really focus on anything well enough to do it justice. Did I mention that controlling summons and a teleporting hero is really, really hard? (Dis is hard enough, imagine if he teleported all over the place)
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Suggestions”