Canti, The Everlasting Flame

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Canti, The Everlasting Flame

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:57 am

Canti
The Everlasting Flame (Firelord)
Agility (Magickal, Low Intelligence); Bane of Eternity

Story.

Level 1 Skill: - Target AoE
Eruption
  • Canti marks the area for X seconds. When Canti enters the AoE, he and nearby enemies are burnt for 5 seconds and affected enemies are dealt Y physical damage. If Canti is already burning, all nearby units are ruined for 50% of their burn duration.
Level 1 Skill: - Aura
Everlasting
  • Nearby allies receive X% less damage per second of burn the damage dealing foe has.
Level 1 Skill: - Line Target
Crimson Streak
  • Conjures a slowly moving fireball that deals X Magickal DPS to conditioned enemy units while it moves towards the target point. Upon reaching the point, the fireball explodes dealing Y physical damage and extending burn for 4 seconds. Units suffering from burn are pulled towards the fireball.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Active Self Buff
Firestarter
  • All of Canti's attacks deal X% more damage per burning unit in range and his skills all have a 2 second cooldown for Y seconds. Any spells cast while burning with Firestarter active cost no mana.
Last edited by Intoxicated Crayon on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Canti, The Everlasting Flame

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:14 pm

There's some interesting interaction going on here, even though every time I read a skill that involves him receiving burn, I have to stop and remind myself that his first skill burns him too, because it just seems so strange to require him to be burning for most of his skills to really take effect. I say this to make a point of how interesting, yet strange of interactions are going on here.

You have one skill that is doing nothing but light him and enemies on fire (yeah, and cripple too I guess, but that feels a bit disjoint from the rest of the skill) and a bit of damage, which is also dealt to him. Essentially, while this skill does fuel his other abilities, it is very costly to do so. It just feels very costly an investment to even start doing anything interesting with this hero.

Compound this with the fact that Firestarter's big kicker for having burn is that cooldowns are decreased to 2 seconds, and yet you have only two skills that aren't passive, one of which *is* Firestarter in the first place.

I guess what I'm trying to say, without going into the other two skills (which, btw, 2s bleed extend isn't all too kickass), this hero has desperate need to be more active, and more lively. So far nothing he does has any significant visible effects so far as I can think, other than marking an area for Eruption and then having it go off eventually, there's nothing to really do as this hero but light yourself on fire and let the rest just happen.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:55 pm

mhmmmmm.

Thanks for the comMENTOS Death, Imma see what I can do. I thinking that, I should replace the ultimate or make it take the place of crimson streak. Maybe combine them reduce their effects so they aren't too imba?

And for Eruption only deals the damage to foes, probably should've made that clear :<. Would be more of dis rampage than his own hero if it hurt self and has this whole fire theme.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:32 am

Besides the problem with him being too passive, the second and third skills are really pointless at level 1. They are too forced with their condition reaction and too useless without it. Try to think of ways to make the skills useful automatically.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Yes, I will do that! Just... a bit of time for me to think xD!

mhm...

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:27 pm

Double post but... The hero has been updated!
old hero

Canti
The Everlasting Flame (Firelord)
Agility (Magickal); Bane of Eternity

Story.

Level 1 Skill: - Target AoE
Eruption
  • Canti marks the area for X seconds. When Canti enters the AoE, all units* within it have burn extended on them for 5 seconds and are dealt Y physical damage. Cripples burning foes for 2 seconds.
Level 1 Skill: - Self Buff
Firestarter
  • The next time Canti receives a condition, all nearby foes have burn extended on them for X% of the duration of the received condition. If the received condition is burn, all of Cantis skills have a cooldown of 2 seconds until Canti's burn ends. Lasts Y seconds, if Canti receives no conditions by the end of the duration, he is burnt for 4 seconds.
Level 1 Skill: - Passive
Crimson Streak
  • Whenever Canti receives a condition he gains a X% speed boost for 3 seconds. While under the effects of a boost, his attacks extend bleed for 2 seconds on burning foes. If under the effects of a boost for more than Y seconds, all nearby foes are dealt 25 magickal damage.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Toggled Passive
Everlasting/Scorcher
  • Everlasting; As long as Canti is burning, all received damage is reduced by X% per second of burn he has.

Scorcher; As long as Canti is burning, all units suffer X% more damage from conditions per burning unit in range. Damage is increased up to a value of Y%.
*Affects Canti.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:44 pm

T-T-Triple Post!1!!one

Well, another update. Switched 2 skills around and altered most of the skills 'extra' functions and etc. Dunno if it's still really that fun to play, the synergy is okay. I was thinking of making a skill to replace Firestarter while it is active so you have 3 actives to use.

Thoughts and comments? :o

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:23 am

Pewpew.

Sorry, I fail at more helpful input.
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Return to “Hero Suggestions”