Deinacrida, Cricket of SHAME

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Vinnam » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:46 pm

Bane of Eternity; Strength
Story

Lerris and his sergeant raced back to base camp across the basin floor. He wished he could stop, but that was not an option, not with that... THING behind them. Heart pounding like an armorer's hammer on a hot anvil, every breath burning its way into his lungs and out of his dry mouth, Lerris willed himself forward, ignoring the pain from his legs as they threatened to seize up. A single misstep, a pause to catch a breath, and it might be his last...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

It has started off as a routine patrol. Hell, a lot of things started that way nowadays; war was hell, and this war was a new, disjointed kind of hell, the kind found in the nightmares of men and submerged during the day by rational thought...

Lerris turned and ran, his few remaining men behind him, as the crashing of the beast behind them grew louder and more frenzied. The earth leaped, fell back, and rocked beneath their feet, causing one of Lerris' men to stumble forward. The tall man staggered, almost fell flat on the ground, struggled to gain ground to right himself and keep his balance, but-

-that father to earwigs, brother to centipedes, cousin to wasps, that beast which may have been the god of all insects thrummed and screeched through the trees and skewered the man's abdomen, piercing the soldier's heavy breastplate with ease with a stinger as long as a knight's lance, and took him screaming back through the woods...

Soldiers still screaming behind, crash and thunder of snapping, broken wood, hissing and screeching dogging every step, his sergeant shouting words broken into meaningless fragments of sound by the pounding hammer of Lerris' heart...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Off in the distance, Lerris could make out the shape of the base camp. Filled with renewed hope, Lerris surged forward, looking back over his shoulder to yell at his seargent to move faster. However, when he went to look back over his shoulder, Lerris felt his blood run cold and the shout of triumph die in his throat and become a shriek of terror as he became aware of the throaty, maddening thrum of the beast behind his sergeant. Turning forward, ignoring the cut-off scream of the soldier, Lerris raced forward, covering more ground.

"I'm gonna make it... I'm gonna make it... I'm gonna ma-"

The thought was cut short as Lerris stared down disbelievingly at the impossibly long, barbed spike protruding from his chest, the pain of a white-hot sun centered around the ragged hole in his breast. Dimly aware of his surroundings, Lerris' shrieks mingled with the triumphant roar of the beast as it made its way back towards the destroyed copse to feast on the dead and dying it had left in its wake...
Level 1 Skill
Terror
Personal AoE
All enemy units within X (150/200/300/350/400) of Deinacrida are Maimed for Y (2/4/6/8/10) seconds. If they are suffering from a condition, enemy units also have the duration of Ruin extended on them by Z (3/3/5/5/7) seconds.

Level 1 Skill
Hellbent
Personal Buff
As long as Deinacrida is affected by Hellbent, all enemy units which Deinacrida would run into are knocked back X (50/75/100/125/150) distance and dealt Y (60/70/80/90/100) damage. The dealt damage is doubled against Maimed foes.

Level 1 Skill
Skewer
Passive
Deinacrida deals +X (5/10/15/20/25) Physical damage and has a Y% (33) chance to Cripple struck foes for Z (2/4/6/8/10) seconds.

Level 6 Ultimate
Dust to Dust
Personal AoE
All enemy units within X (200/300/400) of Deinacrida are dragged towards Deinacrida for Y distance (150/250/350). Any enemy units that come in contact with Deinacrida are Stunned for Z (1/2/3) seconds.

Notes
-Wasteland Horror is more of a place-holder title, and will most likely be changed.
Last edited by Vinnam on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

2-P
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Deinacrida, Wasteland Horror

Post by 2-P » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:02 pm

Second skill is silly, completely unnecessary knockback imo. The other part of the spell is meh too, not a fan of the whole "run into enemy" thing. Also very obvious interaction with the first skill lol.

I know numbers don't really matter, but 33% chance to cripple for 10 secs is just rotfl. XD Even with... more balanced numbers it's still a rather lame passive.

I like the other 2 spells.
Humans don't have the patience to wait even ten minutes for something!

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:43 pm

Maybe Skewer could cripple for (1/1/2/2/3) +X per unit around the attacked unit... Since... You did call the skill skewer! xD. Maybe you could even make it +X per unit behind or in front of the attacked unit and I suppose you could count as one too! Or it could deal splash damage in a line(behind and in front of the unit) if the unit is suffering from a condition! :OOOO

For Hellbent, instead of pushing them away, instead you could knock them down for the amount of maim/ruin them have. A % of it or something, etc.

I was kind of confused by the current Hellbent and Dust to dust combo lol... One pushes back and the other pushes in. xP
It would result in horrifically large and unfair damage(probably, imho). How about incorporating a toggled passive that slowly pulls in units or pushes them out based on their conditions! :o? Just an idea, since a toggled passive like that would destroy the hero xD.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:44 am

Yeah, really not that impressed. You didn't even model him after a cricket and give him all of the trademark stuff that would make him actually awesome. Too much obligatory knockback and forcing enemy movement for my tastes. Also, the first and third skills are genuinely uninspired and feel completely filler in all regards.

The ult has potential, but not with this "dragged" stuff. That's just screaming for strange pathing errors and issues.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Suggestions”