Sescala, the Chilling Letdown

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Sescala, the Chilling Letdown

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:36 pm

Sescala
The Chilling Letdown
Intelligence; Bane.

Story: Based thematically upon the Offspring's song, Fix You.

Level 1 Skill:
Rearrange
  • Buff
    Target unit gains condition immunity until it deals damage or applies a condition to another unit. When it does so, all conditions are removed off the struck unit and placed on the unit. Cooldown decreases with level.
Level 1 Skill:
Sharpest Thorn
  • Channeled AoE
    Any unit enemy unit within some AoE that would cause a condition to be applied to an allied unit takes X magickal damage.
Level 1 Skill:
Broken Wing
  • Delayed AoE Damage
    Debuffs all enemy units within some AoE. Whenever a unit loses the debuff, they take X magick damage for every Y damage dealt by debuffed units to unconditoned units. Debuff lasts either Z seconds or until they are dealt physical damage by a conditioned unit.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Rage and Grace
  • Toggled Passive.
    Rage: Any condition placed onto an allied unit within some AoE increases Sescala's magick damage dealt by X for the next Y seconds. Stacks with itself.
    Grace: Any condition that would be applied to an allied unit within some AoE has a Z% chance to be blocked and that unit becomes immune to that condition for the next Y seconds.
Comments: A little something I pulled together... couple notes:

1)Broken wing is horrifically worded, but works out to dealing damage based on the damage output of a group of enemies, but requires allies to be free of conditions. Thus enters Grace and Rearrange.

2) Rearrange is simple, but seemingly versatile, and Grace works out to be a simple means to keep spammed conditions off of allies, requiring some versatility out of the Order.

3) Rage serves as an offensive defense against conditions, building up Sescala's damage potential to, well, potentially ungodly levels, and Sharpest Thorn serves as an edge, an ability to really punish enemies that toss out conditions haphazardly.

4) I guess the interplay between Sharpest Thorn and Broken Wing force an interesting decision process upon the enemy player, forcing them to chose between dealing conditions to break Broken Wing, while not taking too much damage from Sharpest Thorn and feeding Rage.
Last edited by TheDeathstalker on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Sescala, the Chilling Letdown

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:11 am

:p.

There's no actual way for the hero to deal damage itself.

Rearrange is useful for transferring buffs off allies and makes them 'unconditioned' for getting damaged while in Sharpest Thorn.

Sharpest Thorn deals no damage to creeps. Creeps never apply condition so they will never get damage from this. You will only be able to damage heroes with this. Otherwise, a nice idea, but needs different implementation to be a useful skill all around. If it can only damage heroes, it wouldn't be the best idea for a first skill.

Broken Wing is useful and can provide some underlying damage. They could be fighting and they're like, LOL, no damage from the skill for 9 more seco--- And then a conditioned unit hits em and they're majorly farked.

Rage and Grace work, either keeping conditions off, or boosting damage for receiving said conditions.

ATM, the hero can be seen as boring since, rearrange relies on conditions be transferred and Sharpest Thorn needs a condition to be applied. Rage and Grace are passives and only provide some boosts to a slightly unfun hero :<. Broken Wing is useful since it guarantees some damage and can be delayed or sped up to deal damage at different times. However, since a condition unit is the one that can break the debuff, it could be difficult unless an ally hero had a condition as were willing to help. This might be a bit difficult since the skills center around transferring or blocking incoming conditions.

rawr!
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:01 pm

You raise some good points... hrm. Well, other than a ranged magick basic attack, I guess you're right on the whole not dealing damage thing. I kinda figured that Rage buffing her basic attack would make that enough of a solution, but I can see how the best thing to do against her may be nothing...

I agree with you on Sharpest Thorn. That ability can kick it if I come up with something more interesting...

Yah, I do like Broken Wing for just that reason, and I don't think it'd be so long as 9 seconds, ranging on the order of 5-6 or something I'd wager, but it's all a balance thing, as it getting longer doesn't inherently make it better unless you've got some conditions to trip it off with. Then again, playing against anyone but... well, anyone really, you should have some conditions to tug around with Rearrange, even if you have to do so yourself. (Wouldn't it be epic if Rearrange had a 0s CD at max level?)

Anyways, on target again, I agree with all your points, actually. I need a replacement, or a new implementation for Sharpest Thorn, and at the same time I need to look deeply at the whole level of interactivity this hero has. It could use some more activity, but what and how is the question...
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:28 am

TheDeathStalker wrote:Target unit gains condition immunity until it deals damage or applies a condition to another unit. When it does so, all conditions are removed off the struck unit and placed on the unit. Cooldown decreases with level.
So you have the potential to give an enemy unit condition immunity temporarily or you make an ally cure an enemy of all conditions. What is the benefit of this skill, again?
TheDeathStalker wrote:Debuffs all enemy units within some AoE. Whenever a unit loses the debuff, they take X magick damage for every Y damage dealt by debuffed units to unconditoned units. Debuff lasts either Z seconds or until they are dealt physical damage by a conditioned unit.
Is there a particular reason you are trying to hypercomplicate this hero? I mean, really, that thing has like 3 conditions, an exit condition, and... Why? To what effect? It just confuses everything.

Reading the other skills, this guy just wouldn't be fun to play at all. There is a point where a hero becomes too dependent on others and feels like a waste of space alone. This guy is way beyond that.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Suggestions”