Ammesiah, Forgotten Sage

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Ammesiah, Forgotten Sage

Post by assassingao » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Ammesiah
Forgotten Sage
Intelligence; Order.
Magickal attack
Model: Kel'thuzad - Necromancer
Story

An old man visits us.

...After all those years of war...I'll give you a rest.

Come over and let me heal your mind from those troubling memories.

His hand grabbed my head like he is clenching my mind, squeezing it out, but it was unusually pleasant.

..So you can go ahead and die for us tomorrow...

When I woke up, I don't think I can remember anything. Except for not even my name.
What am I doing here?
All I can remember was flashing steel and the flesh of some...purple creatures, vaguely resembling my kin.

What are them? What is that shiny thing on the wall?

I confronted that shiny thing, threatening to draw out my blades if it attacks. Why did I know that there was a blade in a sheath besides me in the first place?

I unsheathed my sword. It also unsheathed its weapon, holding it in the same stance at me.

As I struck it hard on the chest, the shiny thing shattered.

My imaginary foe was at the mirror.

What else have I remembered missed?

All I hear is the commander...why did I even remember him?

It must have been in my blood to fight, and so I have to.

Suddenly my mind craves for blood, I found myself sheathing the weapon, leaving behind this mess to fight the creatures banenites. How did I even remember the name of this creature?

What else have I missed?

One more to the fray...
Note: Each mana burnt is always dealt in magickal damage.

Level 1 Skill:
Suffer
  • (Active, AoE Targeted)
    Burns 20 mana from enemy units within AoE, adding mute on them for 1 seconds.
    Burns 40 mana and adds 2 seconds of mute if they are suffering from conditions.
    Shorter cooldown each level.
Level 1 Skill:
Forgotten Vex
  • (Active, Enemy, friend, self targeted)
    Increases 100 mana to the target. If the target casts any spells during the duration, it's life will be used instead of mana.
    Debuff lasts 8 seconds or until a spell is cast, burning the target for 20/40/60/80/100 mana if it is an enemy.
    X seconds cooldown, X mana cost.
Level 1 Skill:
Mental Shunt
  • (Passive, upon casting)
    For every spells cast by himself and nearby allies. Enemy units in range will have 10/12/14/16/18/20 mana burned while allies will have 20 mana refilled.
    10/20/30/40/50% to double burn/double refill.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Amnesiac Recovery
  • (Enemy, friend, self targeted)
    Applies a debuff to the target unit which increases 40 mana to the target unit per second as long as it is muted, and mutes it until it's mana is full. Cripples Ammesiah for the same amount of mute.
Comments: Amnesia + Messiah. :D
Last edited by assassingao on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Ammesiah, Forgotten Sage

Post by Soul_Reaver » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:34 pm

Very interesting concept.
I like it alot.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:29 pm

I'm still uncertain about a few things.

Whether should mana burn deal damage or not, and if it does, what kind of damage should it deal?

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:40 am

I like the ultimate, and the passive a bit, but the double cast is too random and the two other abilities are boring, the crippling one especially.
Mana burns should deal magickal damage.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:30 pm

It'd degrade to failure if there's no double cast, mana burn rarely affects creeps and it only burned 20 mana per cast.

I want this hero to have something to do with Anick, that's why there's cripple and mute.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:31 pm

I like it, I really do. It just oozes feel, or at the very least, there is one, and the skills are trying to be consistent, which is good. Now for the nit-picking...

Suffer is a good start, it's interesting, and purposeful, but, it's quite simply complete cheese, if only for the fact that it is a ranged AoE mute, which means you completely shut down any channeling you run into, with something that has an intentionally short cooldown. Yes, Meridia can do it too, but she has to attack them and it is her ult. Just something to think about, because other than that, it's pretty neat.

Intense Intherapy is no good, you have an undodgable, unavoidable, rather sizable AoE Cripple... although removing this aspect from the skill makes it nearly useless at level 1, and almost as useless at other times... I'm gonna have to get back to you on it, but I really don't like the BAM-Cripple.

Mental Shunt runs into the same problem of being useless at level one, and again, gonna have to think a bit as to help you figure something else to do with it, because it is a nice skill, and I guess if you had II working smoothly, it'd be passable to have one skill that doesn't do anything at level 1.

Amnesia Recovery is pure gold though. Other than the crippling you (which I don't quite get), it's a brilliant skill with so many uses. Well done.

Overall I like it, alot, there's just some room for tweaking the middle two spells, and a minor question on the first and ult. Otherwise, very nice.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Permanent mute just screams unbalanced to me so I added in cripple. Probably not a wise choice, though.

What if I also make Suffer mutes itself too?

Intense Theraphy could be changed to other skill, I agree.

Mental Shunt could be active skill for instant mana restore and burn. (Active spell with passive effect, kinda)

Replacement for "Intense Theraphy"

Level 1 Skill:
Forgotten Vex
  • Increases the target's mana by 100 and adds a debuff. If the target casts any spell during the duration, it's life will be used instead of it's mana.
    And debuff ends once a spell is cast, burning the enemy for 20/40/60/80/100 mana.

Lasts 8 seconds.
    X cooldown and X mana cost each level. Can be casted on friend, enemy and self

By the way, thank you, Soul_Reaver and TheDeathStalker, it's been a while since someone commented on my hero, not to mention analyzing each spell. T_T

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:08 pm

If the target casts any spell during the duration, it's life will be used instead of it's mana.
I really, really like the idea of a debuff like that. Haven't played DoE for a while though so I don't know bout the other numbers - but I'm guessing your gonna want it reasonably spammy towards the higher levels?

Awesome idea though :D

Btw, just a suggestion, but would mental shunt work as an aura? Making allies regen mana when they cast spells and burning enemies mana when they (allies and/or enemies) cast. It would increase it's usability a lot more.
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:34 pm

Cooldood wrote:Btw, just a suggestion, but would mental shunt work as an aura? Making allies regen mana when they cast spells and burning enemies mana when they (allies and/or enemies) cast. It would increase it's usability a lot more.
This would work brilliantly. Not to mention that Forgotton Vex spell is pretty epic as well. I think you've got a good thing going here (assuming the Vex only manaburns enemies...)

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 am

Wonderful suggestion, done and done.

Healers will be looked upon in the whole new light.

Not to mention Dis, Victor, Aurea, Stille

The possibilities are just mind blowing, maybe too much.

Anick says he's virtually immune to 3 of this dude's spells.

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:24 am

Level 1 Skill:
Garlic
(only usable on Anick)
Deals Ammesiah's current mana in damage to the target vampire, blinding maiming and crippling him, depending on how far away from Ammesiah he is - closer for longer.
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:04 pm

What if I change him to Bane of Eternity?

:D

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:08 pm

He *does* use the necromancer model. Although him VS Sozen seems just as painful of a deal...

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:06 pm

Either imbalanced or imbalanced. And I think that, with a proper skin, he could become Ammessiah!

Eighty9Vision
Noobite Warrior

Post by Eighty9Vision » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:46 pm

If this hero were on bane I do believe Sozen would QQ immensely.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”