Tas'ai, Anima Ignoro

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Tas'ai, Anima Ignoro

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:38 am

Tas'ai
The Anima Ignoro
Strength; The Bane of Eternity

Level 1 Skill: - Indirect Target Damage
Adazakura
  • Deals X magickal damage to all foes in between the target and Tas'ai. Extends bleed on all affected targets by 2 seconds for each Y affected foes. The width of the area between the target and Tas'ai is 350.

OR

Sends a slow moving wave of energy to the target that deals X magickal damage upon hitting the target. Units hit by the wave have bleed extended on them by 5 seconds and cause the wave to speed up.
Level 1 Skill: - Preparation
Shikai Stance
  • Tas'ai removes all conditions from himself increasing his physical damage by 20% per removed condition. Tas'ai's next attack has a chance to critical and for each second spent without attacking, the chance to critical is increased by X%. Lasts 12 seconds, the critical damage multiplier is Y.
Level 1 Skill: - Passive
Shisen Stance
  • All physical damage dealt by Tas'ai also deals X% more magickal damage if the unit is suffering from a condition. Grants a Y% chance to ruin nearby units upon casting a spell.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Activated Passive
Ignorance is Bliss
  • Whenever a condition ends or is removed on Tas'ai or an ally, the next 30 damage they receive is negated. Drains X mana while active, Y AoE.
Last edited by Intoxicated Crayon on Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Psiclone
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

Re: Tas'ai, Anima Ignoro

Post by Psiclone » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:22 pm

I actually really like this hero. Shikai Stance in particular is a very cool idea, I like how you have to use it within a certain amount of time or else it's negated. Shisen Stance could do without the passive strength IMO and Ignorance is Bliss doesn't need the optional, but otherwise very nice!

rawr!
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:44 pm

I kinda have to disagree, Psi. I feel like Dusk for saying this, but a hero that revolves around things not happening is rather uninteresting. Shikai Stance is stronger if you don't attack, Unscathed makes it so conditions don't happen, and Ignorance is Bliss makes it so damage doesn't happen... There's nothing really going on with this hero, just a lack thereof. Not so say that there's no potential, but to have a hero revolving around things not happening, there has to be something more to it.

Oh, and something about only one skill that requires clicking a target, and that being a targeted buff...

Again, there's potential here, just needs more digging.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Psiclone
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

Post by Psiclone » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:04 am

Not so say that there's no potential, but to have a hero revolving around things not happening, there has to be something more to it.
Now that I look at it again, I see your point a bit more. I wasn't aware Ignorance is Bliss was a passive, I thought it was a channeled AoE xP

Well, considering my mistake newer revelations, I would have to agree with Death, it needs a bit more going on.
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:25 am

Thanks for commenting, I changed around what the skills do and switched around their effects... How's this?

[Edit, making IiB a channel would be a bit cool. I dunno, I've made some changes; were they for the better or a step down from the original?]

Tas'ai
The Anima Ignoro

Level 1 Skill: - Target Buff
Unscathed
  • The target unit negates the next X conditions it receives. Once this buff vanishes, the unit is dealt X magickal damage or healed for X health. Lasts 10 seconds.
Shikai Stance
  • Tas'ai unsheathes his blade and prepares to strike. For each second spent without attacking, Tas'ai's next attack is boosted by X physical damage to a max of Y and extends bleed on the target for 7 seconds. Lasts 12 seconds.
Level 1 Skill: - Activated Passive
Shisen Stance
  • All physical damage dealt by Tas'ai also deals X% more magickal damage. X% is decreased by 10% for each condition the unit has. Drains mana while activate and passively boosts Strength.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Passive
Ignorance is Bliss
  • Whenever a condition ends/is negated on Tas'ai or an ally, the next X damage they receive is negated. [Optional; If the negated damage is magickal, it heals the unit.]
Last edited by Intoxicated Crayon on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:35 am

Now try envisioning you actually playing the hero. There are questions that you failed to answer that are rather important. First of all, your ult specifies an "ally," but you just call the ability a passive. That means that it affects any ally on the map? Is it supposed to be an aura and you just forgot to call it that?

Also, gonna throw this out there. On your new form (You should really update the first bloody post, man, I totally had to read the hero twice because I thought the first post was the updated one.....), your hero is totally team-counterproductive. Think about what your team's goals include. "Inflict as many conditions on the enemy in as short a time as possible." Okay, so your team is going to try very hard to inflict conditions on the enemy heroes, but you have the capacity to remove those conditions. Trust me when I say that dealing 100 magickal damage does not equate to 10 seconds of cripple or any countless other conditions. It only works for Fahren on Flickerflame because burn only deals damage, so a raw damage output is perfectly balanced for the replacement. It doesn't work for cripple, ruin, maim, mute, or blind. Right now you are liable to help the enemy more than hurt them in all cases.

This gets even worse with Shisen Stance. Consider for an instant that your team is going to try very hard to inflict a mass of conditions on an enemy hero to debilitate them. Now consider that your ability sucks when they have conditions. That's a problem, since that actually motivates you to help the enemy by removing their conditions just so that you deal more damage. I mean, what the heck!? Every team is going to hate the player that selects this hero.

You have to think of things like that when submitting heroes. Yes, it's really that important.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:39 pm

It's not like I hadn't taken this into account but... I just wanted to see how the hero would fair and yes from what we can see, it's extremely counter productive. I'll change it around once again and I'll update the first post this time... : p Thanks Duskor

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:24 pm

Double post...

Updated the hero for less counter productive skills.

12/1/09;

Old Hero;
Tas'ai
The Anima Ignoro

Level 1 Skill: - Indirect Target Damage
Adazakura
  • Deals X magickal damage to all foes in between the target and Tas'ai. Extends bleed on all affected targets by 2 seconds for each Y affected foes. The width of the area between the target and Tas'ai is 350.

OR

Sends a slow moving wave of energy to the target that deals X magickal damage upon hitting the target. Units hit by the wave have bleed extended on them by 5 seconds and cause the wave to speed up.
Shikai Stance
  • Tas'ai removes all conditions from himself increasing his physical damage by 20% per removed condition. Tas'ai's next attack has a chance to critical and for each second spent without attacking, the chance to critical is increased by X%. Lasts 12 seconds, the critical damage multiplier is Y.
Level 1 Skill: - Passive
Shisen Stance
  • All physical damage dealt by Tas'ai also deals X% more magickal damage if the unit is suffering from a condition. Grants a Y% chance to ruin nearby units upon casting a spell.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Activated Passive
Ignorance is Bliss
  • Whenever a condition ends or is removed on Tas'ai or an ally, the next 30 damage they receive is negated. Drains X mana while active, Y AoE.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”