Mina, the Mime Duelist

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Mina, the Mime Duelist

Post by Deschain » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:07 pm

Mina
Mime Duelist
Int; Order; Atk magickal

Story. Yar sad is the story of our mime duelist. So sad it should never to be mentioned.
BTW I was totally inspired/ripped by Mina the Mnemonic Vessel.

Level 1 Skill:
Copy cat
  • Target unit. Copies all conditions from target Mina healing Mina for X hit points per condition copied. If target was enemy it also suffers X magickal damage per second for N seconds, where N is number of conditions copied. Cooldown 4 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Glass shower
  • AoE. Conjures a torrent of glass shards that fall over target area each dealing X physical damage per second in an area. Mana cost Y. Cooldown: 3 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Reverberating mirror
  • AoE summon. Invisible summon. For 15 seconds it does nothing. If destroyed or expires it explodes causing X waves dealing 20 magickal damage. Can be unsumoned.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Reflection
  • Passive. When Mina's spell deal damage, they adds 1 second duration for all conditions Mina is suffering from. Mina gains +X mana regeneration for each condition she is suffering from.
Remade her. Now she is a reverse Daggurnoth. She is an int caster with a small mana pool and lot of damage output... Ideally her model would be that of a little girl (or a small sorceress) to reflect her state - small, still green but with a potential to really make enemies sweat.
Idea is that since her mana pool is limited she has to cast spells a bit more carefully unless she wants to find herself OoM or Dead. CC also doubles as a ok heal/nuke and the rest is obvious at least.
Basically her ulti also provides some much needed mana engine. Further more she can't cause conditions but she can copy them for hilarious effect. You know, for flavor.
Last edited by Deschain on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Mina, the Mime Duelist

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:42 pm

• Again, I hate the idea of stealing conditions from enemies. Your team goes to a lot of work to apply those conditions on your foes, you shouldn't be able to just yank them off and nullify that work - regardless of whatever effect it may have afterward.
  • The inspiration of Shiro's battle scars in the second skill is awesome and all (I've used it before too!), but it totally doesn't fit the teleport or rest of the hero at all.
  • The ult is really cool, actually, but it could be worded better.
  • B-Bomb feels totally tacked on.
  • My biggest problem with the hero is how it has such a contrasting nature when you look at the skills. You've got this teleport skill, a very tankish life steal ability, a seemingly fire-mage-esque nuke, and then a passive ult that while cool, really doesn't make a lot of thematic sense with the rest of the hero. It's got synergy, I'll give you that, but none of it flows is the biggest issue.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Re: Mina, the Mime Duelist

Post by Deschain » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:59 pm

Hero has been remade.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”