Mina, The Mnemonic Vessel

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Mina, The Mnemonic Vessel

Post by Pigger » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:21 am

The Mnemonic Vessel
Intelligence; Bane

Level 1 Skill:
Under Pressure
  • Target AoE
    For every condition in the AoE, the area increases by X. After 3 seconds, each enemy takes Y magickal damage.
Level 1 Skill:
Stolen Memories
  • Target Teleport
    Teleports to location and deals magickal damage and extends all conditions from affected units onto Mina. If Mina was suffering no conditions at casting time the spell instantly cools down.
Level 1 Skill:
Echoes
  • Instant Cast AoE
    Mina purges herself of all conditions, healing herself and dealing magickal damage and extending the conditions onto nearby enemies. After X seconds the conditions re-apply themselves to Mina.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Revenge
  • Passive
    Whenever Mina is afflicted with a condition, it is extended back upon the source and adjacent enemies around the source at X% of its duration. Does not affect allies.
Just a little something Death helped me with.
Last edited by Pigger on Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Mina, The Mnemonic Vessel

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:26 am

Seems epic xD.

But seems like the hero would need another to apply conditions for it or a faction item to make these conditions without the help of other heroes :[.

Reflection works, dealing damage and extra damage if they have the conditions. The Stolen Memories gets you the conditions you need for the rest of the skills and it cools down instantly if you cast it, so yay!

Echoes works, heals and removes the conditions momentarily. Works great with Revenge so you can spread your conditions and use Reflection.

Revenge is win, kewl sauce. No variable? D:
Last edited by Intoxicated Crayon on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:27 am

lol, Pig, I didn't help but with the first skill and with randomly throwing out names til we found one that worked.

That being said, nice hero, I like the way it handles conditions in a very... abusive kinda way. It's affected by them (especially mute), but also uses them as a catalyst for everything she does. Very nice.

EDIT: Oh, and Ag, don't forget that Dag applies no conditions (other than Knockdown, which is... kinda), and he works fine, same with Anick.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:57 am

• Reflection is the name of Glasse' ultimate.
  • Mnemonic? 99% of BNet won't have a clue what that means.
  • In Reflection, you don't really specify if the damage dealt is based on when it explodes or when it is first cast. A la "5 conditions when the spell was cast, so Xs later people take Y*5 damage" or "5 conditions Xs later when spell explodes, so Y*5 damage"
  • Why would you want to transfer all conditions off of enemies? Ever? I like the insta-reload stuff you've got on the blink, but pulling conditions off of enemies is highly counterproductive.
  • Third skill's too forced with the blink right now. It's obvious that you should be using them in tandem and it's too forced a way to A) remove conditions from all nearby foes and then B) just add them right back. That kind of cycle is really unnecessary, honest.
  • Revenge doesn't feel very vengeful. It'd be more sensible if whenever she suffered a condition, the condition was applied back to the source; now that'd be some revenge. Anyways, I think it's kind of condition overload - you're applying the same conditions in an AOE around yourself way too frequently. That's too convoluted for my tastes.
The hero could be cool if you reworked certain areas.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:02 pm

I'll take the hit for Mnemonic, I'm the one who suggested it (although not the one who spelled it right).

I agree on the transferring them off of enemies, especially with the Bomb (err, reflection, whatever), a quick tweak would be "copies conditions" and then "extends" for the ultimate. This way you never just remove conditions and put them back, but instead you take them on yourself then can both purge them off of you and extend them on the enemies. Sure it requires an ally's help to really make sing, but that's in no way a bad thing.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:51 pm

I really like this hero. But as dusk pointed out the Stolen Memories+ Echoes would be kind of cheap.

Also just a question: Who would be the target of reapplied echoes? Foe that originally cast them or Mina. If Mina then revenge + echoes = Inf loop.

On the plus side I like what you did with under pressure the AoE increase per condition is interesting...
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:38 pm

• The biggest problem with Echoes is this part: "After X seconds the conditions re-apply themselves to Mina."
    That's just tacky. There is no reason reapplying them to herself would ever be useful except as a means to keep spamming the skill over and over again to hook conditions on enemies.
  • Also, I am 100% certain that the ultimate would be powerful enough just sending conditions back to their source. It doesn't need the AOE part as well.
  • Gonna throw this out there too - The second skill is suicide to use against muted foes.
  • I see what you're trying to do with the hero and I like it, but I still think that you're working in a little bit too convoluted of waters. The idea of a condition bouncer is actually a great idea, one that I'd like to toy with. (If you'd permit, that is)
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:35 pm

Yea, I'm reaching the point that reworking certain skills is taking away the original magic I had when creating the hero and I would probably screw the hero up more if I kept reworking individual skills.

By all means, I would love to see what you would do with it. :D

Return to “Hero Suggestions”