Beil, the Instigator

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Beil, the Instigator

Post by pandamanar » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:20 am

Beil
Instigator
Strength | The Hallowed Order
Variable Key

X = variable that levels up
Y = variable that is unknown
Level 1 Skill:
Sweeping Victory
  • Unit Target
    This unit's attack damage is negated (heals the target for the damage dealt) against its singular target and has X% of it's damage splashed to adjacent foes that also knocks them down for Y seconds. Lasts for the next X attacks or for Y seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Rook
  • Point Target
    Summons a miniature tower at the target point that deals X-X physical damage and has an X% chance to inflict either cripple, ruin or maim to its target for Y seconds whenever it deals damage. This tower lasts for X seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Forced March
  • Unit Target
    Pushes (with zero collision)the target unit Y distance towards it's facing position, dealing X% of its attack damage and muting any enemy that it encounters for X seconds. Cooldown decreases with level.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Checkmate
  • Passive
    All allies (including yourself) within X radius deal X% more damage when their target's are suffering from conditions.
Comments.
Last edited by pandamanar on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Beil, the Warmonger

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:03 am

I believe that knockback skills will never be in DoE so there might be a problem with your third skill... :p
But then again... Magnark's skillset is replacing Janise' skillset and there is a bit of pulling and pushing going on...

Just to clear it up, your first skill negates damage done to the original target... But deals partial damage in a radius. Are the ones damaged in the radius dealt more damage because of the ultimate? Or is your ultimate pretty much useless when used in tandom with the first skill?

I can definitely see the intended snyergy, whether or not it was intended... The rook can deal the splash damage and deal an AoE condition(hopefully) and it can be moved around to damage foes and mute them. This would increase the damage of nearby allies because of the ult... et certera... Yeah... :] Is kewl.

I really liked the theme of the skills, naming them after chess terms and all :p.

However, I see this hero could end up being a bit... meh. Can Forced March target yourself? Without another unit or your rook it can end of being useless especially if a rook or unit isn't facing in the exact way you need it. The first skill might also end up ruining some hero kills or accidently causing them. If used by a 'smart' person, I guess it could be an effective way to increase the range of your damage...

I liked the hero.. Maybe you could comment on mine? xD
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:02 am

Thanks for the hasty review (I wrote it last night at midnight and now its 6 in the morning! You're good!)

True. Knockback skills aren't as frequent in DoE as in, say... Age of Myths (for good reason) but I don't think an AoS should be completely barren of KB. But even if it is, Forced March could be easily changed to a force blink that does its effects on the units in between the two points.
Last edited by pandamanar on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Cooldood » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:07 am

I really like the idea of a forced blink.
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:50 am

I love the first skill. Pure genius, extremely useful, even if not used with lots of units around. If you're alone with that ability and you get hit by a hero, it'd be nice to not take that damage :)

I think the tower should be changed a little, making it so that units it damages receive the condition, that way it becomes more interactive with Sweeping Victory.

Also, Sweeping Victory, if cast on a unit that is then forced to march, does the march then deal zero damage?

Overall, a pretty interesting hero. Not sure what to make of it, but it definitely toys with some new concepts.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:17 am

I wanted Rook to work with Sweeping Victory, but I guess I should reword it so it presents that. Thanks.
I should also reword Sweeping Victory and Forced March, because Sweeping Victory doesn't cause you to deal NO damage, but instead negates (heals the target for an equal amount) your damage dealt to the single target and splashes a percent of your damage to adjacent foes.
Also, I was definitly thinking that Forced March should allow all targets (except for structures of course) including yourself, so that he wouldn't be useless alone without Rook.
Also, thanks to all of you guys for your reviews. I appreciate it all.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:54 am

Quick Poll : should Forced March be a push or blink? Is DoE too sacred for pushing or can it be done?

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:26 am

The name of the skill says it all.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:25 pm

There's nothing sacred about no knockbacks in DoE, but I've yet to see one so awesome that it could be no other way and be nearly as cool. If you think you can do that, rock on.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:02 pm

Depending on how cool you find Forced March to begin with, I don't think that it could be half as cool if it was a forced blink... Besides, chess players who blink their pieces are lame.

Cooldood
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Beil, the Instigator

Post by Cooldood » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:08 am

I just said I liked the idea - here it'd probably be a better idea to make it a force push - I'm guessing it'd look something like the force staff effect from dota?
Let the music flow through your soul

Walk the road, see the sights, cos boy, you aint coming back!

Return to “Hero Suggestions”