Eliziar

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Separation
Noobite Warrior

Eliziar

Post by Separation » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Eliziar
Title Undecided
Melee Intelligence; Bane of Eternity

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Burst
  • Lets loose a dark wave of magic around you, dealing X magical damage and maiming struck foes for y seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Phasing
  • You enter a ghostly form that allows you to have no collision for x seconds. All enemies you travel through are crippled for y seconds (low). Any spirits you currently have from Spoils also follow you. Running through enemies multiple times reapplies cripple.
Level 1 Skill:
Spoils
  • Whenever you inflict a condition onto an enemy, you will gain a rotating spirit that does X magical damage per hit to nearby enemies. Damage is doubled against foes suffering from conditions. (think locust swarm, kind of). Maxiumum of Y spirits. Spirits disappear when you die.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Weaver
  • When activated, you will gain x bonus movement speed and attack speed every time you inflict a condition on someone (maxes out at a certain %). Lasts y seconds.
This hero is a great hero killer and chaser, and all spells synergize well and with each other. You can basically go any skill build and it still works, same goes for items.

It would be neat if the spirits from Spoils were affected by items like Imperfection, for example.

He can inflict a lot of conditions, making Spoils useful as well as Weaver when activated. Reapplying cripple from Phasing really helps, also. Phasing has many more uses than simply reapplication of conditions to benefit Weaver, obviously. This hero would work nicely with Exuro or Tornne, too.

Anyway, first hero, just something off the top of my head.
Last edited by Separation on Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Eliziar

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:49 pm

I highly recommend using the Hero Suggestion Format. Most people, myself included, don't even read heroes that don't follow it. :p
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Separation
Noobite Warrior

Post by Separation » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:57 pm

I thought I did at first, guess I was off on the format. Regardless, fixed.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:48 pm

• I commented on this over AIM with you, so I'll keep my thoughts here rather brief.
  • Despite it not being intentional, no matter how you cut it with spirits and a phasing ability, this guy feels a lot like Caliga.
  • The spam of Spoils could be really cool in some situations, but I could see a terrible explosion of them with item interactions. Having the cap too low to balance that, however, would remove a lot of the novelty of the skill. Not really sure what to recommend there.
  • Despite a lot of running and spirit haxness, the hero really is all right-click-run-through-enemies-as-fast-as-you-can. Assuming Caliga were balanced, at least he does a little bit more than that. That is a cool hero style, though, just not sure about the player-interaction level. Maybe forcing him to be that close to enemies with no self-defense mechanism would make it too tough a playstyle? It's hard to say.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Suggestions”