Epplet The Shimmering One

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Epplet The Shimmering One

Post by TheDeathstalker » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:51 pm

Epplet
Shimmering One
Intelligence; Hallowed Order.

Level 1 Skill:
Mesmerize
  • No Target Channeled
    Whenever an enemy unit within X range makes an attack but is not facing Epplet, they are maimed for Y seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Shades of Grey
  • Conditional Summon
    When cast on any unit suffering a condition, creates a summoned spirit (grows stronger per level). These spirits are able to take a command of a channeling spell from Epplet, becoming the new center of emanation. Cooldown decreases with level.
Level 1 Skill:
Good Shepherd
  • Target AoE Channel
    Deals X magickal damage per second in target area, and any unit which attacks an allied unit within the AoE is blinded for Y seconds. Deals double damage to units suffering a condition.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Still Life
  • No Target Channeled
    All stationary allied units within some AoE gain X% Magick damage reduction and have any conditions placed upon them reduced by Y seconds.
Comments:
1) I just kinda lobbed the names down, so ignore them, really...
2) I honestly don't know how well this concept works, I mean, it feels like it could very well be pulled off, the juggling of area based channeling spells, but I'm not sure. I like the potential feel though, I just think the Ultimate needs something else, or to be redone entirely. I think I may have gone too far into the perfect defense train of thought with it actually... but it was meant to make channeling a viable thing to keep going without having to rely on cripple and knockdown, instead making all these cripples essentially lockdown anyone who tries to break you.
3) The methodology of the summons is something kinda arbitrary, and I'd love to come up with a really creative means, but as of right now, I gots nothin...
4) Uh, not much left to say, other than he seems like he could be fun, in a "lets see how we can pull weird shit off" kinda way, not sure if that actually works though... but that's what feedback is for!
And a big 5) Dropping this idea from the hero contest. I'm working on something a bit more active and ambitious, but felt this one should live on, just for the concept of it.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”