Hevel, The Silent

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
paper tree
Champion Noobite

Hevel, The Silent

Post by paper tree » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:04 pm

Hevel
The Silent
Intelligence; Order.

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Burden
  • Target Hero: increases the mana cost of spells(including active passives) by X% for Y seconds. If target doesn't cast a spell by the end of the spells duration they take Z damage and are muted for 2 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Mana Leak
  • Passive AoE heroes only: every X seconds 1 hero begins to lose Y mps. this lasts until the hero casts a spell or hits 0 mana.
Level 1 Skill:
Link
  • Target 2 units(towers included): Target two units if both are still in range after casting they are linked for X seconds. if one casts a spell the other loses mana equal to 50% of the spells cost(this debuff doesn't apply to allies). additionally any unit that walks through the link loses Y mana and become muted for Z seconds(needs some sort of internal CD.)
Level 6 Ultimate:
overload
  • Single Target Hero: target hero begins to regain mana at a rapid pace. the target takes a moderate amount of damage every second until mana is fully restored. if a target becomes muted at anytime the mana regen stops for the duration of the mute, but they still take the damage
First skill. the doubling of % applies through the full debuff, not just when muted.
i fail at making names/stories so im not gonna attempt to make a background.
first hero on the site so a lot of feedback would be nice
Last edited by paper tree on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Hevel, The Silent

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:30 pm

This hero seems like a 'shutdown hero'. Since he mutes, he shutdowns nearly anything a hero can do. Mute is a powerful condition and I'll see if I can make sense out of it all! lolshutdown.

First, Burden seems really cool. I like the idea of doubling mana cost. It's almost like a mute but rapes the heroes mana if they have a small mana pool. Sozen should be glad Hevel is on his side because this would do some real damage xD. The added bonus from mute seems nice, but how does a unit cast spells while muted? The mute is almost like a safety for people to realize, oh carp! I've got burden! *run/wait it out*

Exhaustion seems kind of strange. It's an immolation targeting mana for all those suffering from conditions. And it mutes when a condition ends? oo. It's an extremely devastating skill and this will murder anyone who uses purity potions(If they're suffering from a huge array of conditions). But... It seems like the mute is near pointless. Know why? Burden is useless when a unit is muted. You can accidentally negate one of your skills. Rather pointless, no? How about, if a unit receives mute with burden or loses it, it loses mana so it isn't completely worthless. You don't want to waste the precious seconds of Burden unless you are so amazing that you cast Burden right as the mute might end.

The link is nice. It can be used against an enemy or an ally. Depending on your imagination, it can be used for a lot of possibilities. Since units lose mana when entering the leash, targeting an immobile unit with no casting capabilities let you move around and force units into the leash. This might not be as active with a weak or slow hero, if Hevel is one. You could even give it to Tristan or Sozen, make them run a bit and mute some foes. Once the leash is gone, they can take out whatever they wanted to mute. Might not be as effective since casting spells will mute the hero. Once again, impossible to use Burden because of the mute from this skill. Rawr.

Seems almost like a filler. The hero is part unit target and then it has a passive. Then there is this active shockwave ability. It doesn't seem like the wave does damage either since you only said it mutes and makes them lose mana. I guess we assume is does damage or no damage at all. Well. Perhaps an activated passive that you can activate. Maybe it drains mana at a giant rate, but mutes foes around dying muted units for a fraction of the mute the original unit had. At least the mute could be spread a bit and it could be shorter for more effective burden usage. If you mentioned Y seconds for Burden was long, I guess it would be more clear. It's just my lame subjective feedback then,

Hope it does something for you xD. I definitely like burden, if you reshaped the hero to be a bit more fun, it could work for sure.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

paper tree
Champion Noobite

Post by paper tree » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:01 pm

Changed the passive to randomly start to drain mana. it lasts until target casts a spell or they hit 0 mana. this stacks with burden due to the fact that it increases mana cost of all spells making it harder to to remove the passive. also changed the link from muting to causing the other hero to lose 50% of the original spells cost in mana. remade the ulti to only mute when a hero goes below X mana. the mute can be held out for long periods of time because of the drain from passive or running through the link. Due to the fact that this is a shutdown hero i didn't want to add damage skills because then it would become op

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Well. The hero seems a lot better, but now it lacks condition interaction. None of his skills benefit from mute, it's simply tacked on for the ultimate. His skills synergize with the new mana loss, but there is no synergy with conditions now D:. About that whole 'shutdown' thing, that was just random thing I made up xD.

Perhaps you could make Burden induce mute when the unit no longer has any mana left. Then the buff is removed and they're muted for a duration. Even if they lose the mute after, they probably have no mana anyways. Another idea is to make the hero lose HP too! Instead of increasing the mana cost, you can make it deal 50% of the mana cost as damage to the hero. The 50% never needs to ramp up in power because the mana cost of most hero spells increase on there own!

The passive is now too selective, if it chooses the wrong unit, it becomes worthless to you, does it select heroes only? That way you can target heroes. Perhaps if a mana leaked unit is muted while being affected by mana leak, it is dealt magickal/physical damage? I know that the debuff is removed as soon as you cast a spell so if there mana falls into the danger zone needed to trigger burden's mute is caused by a spell, mana leak's damage triggers too.

Link is nice enough, losing mana is very bad for some low mana pool heroes and muting them can be easy. Used on an ally or enemy, it's got good value as a skill I guess. The ultimate can stay the same way if you'd like but... You could instead, while active nearby units constantly lose mana and muted foes are dealt DPS. Just throwing out some ideas now, I dunno. Good luck with the hero :o

Just remember that each skill needs some kind of use. Link's mana loss won't be useful as your first skill unless you have other skills because it deals no actual DPS, it's almost 100% support. Burden can be used to cut down a hero's mana, but is Hevel that powerful that he will go an melee the hero.

paper tree
Champion Noobite

Post by paper tree » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Added in a penalty to burden so if they don't cast a spell they take damage and are muted for 2 seconds. the duration on this doesn't end if the cast a spell. kept the passive the same but changed to description to only target heroes. link added the feature that it mutes units that walk through the link. not very long only a second or 2. ulti now works so if a unit hits 0 mana they take damage. the passive is key to this because it doesn't go away till they hit 0 mana. while the process is sped up by the first and third skill.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:18 pm

Cool changes but, 0 mana is a very hard amount to get to. (Since almost all heroes can achieve a 4 digit mana pool) How about a percentage? When there mana goes below X% or something.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:00 am

0 mana is nearly impossible, and Collapse is already a skill name.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

paper tree
Champion Noobite

Post by paper tree » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:09 pm

been busy for a bit, remade ulti to now do a moderate DoT effect as long as the person still has mana to be restored. the mana restoration process is hindered by his passive/mute/any skills they activate.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”