Kerplunk, the Goblin Technician

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Kerplunk, the Goblin Technician

Post by pandamanar » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:37 pm

Kerplunk
Goblin Technician
Strength | Hallowed Order
Tinker / Robo-goblin / Clockwork Goblin / Goblin Shredder
Level 1 Skill:
Electrolyte

• Unit Target
    Zaps a unit. If the unit is an ally, they gain 50% movement speed for 2 seconds for every 200 range they move. If the unit is an enemy, they gain cripple for 2 seconds for every 200 range they move. This buff lasts X seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Tractor Beam
  • Unit Target
    Connects the target unit and the caster with a beam of electricity. The target is healed for X health for every X units of measurement that the beam stretches or takes X physical damage for every X units that it contracts. This beam lasts X seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Over-Clock
  • Toggled Passive
    When active, this Hero gains X movement speed. Every X distance traveled by the Caster, all enemies within X radius take X magickal damage and are ruined; this costs X mana per X distance traveled by the Caster.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Trail Blazer
  • Point Target
    Sets out two lines of signal fires (small) out towards the target point. This Hero marches towards the target location, dragging enemies along with him and extending Burn for X seconds. When this Hero reaches its destination, all enemies within X radius are knocked down.
[Updated]
Last edited by pandamanar on Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Kerplunk, the Goblin Technician

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:00 pm

I don't really see any important condition interaction besides the obvious. There are some good spell combos and I can tell he is a support hero and a possible hero killer, maybe that's what you were going for.

Elec can boost yourself or an ally, this helps Tractor beam, or it can cripple an enemy(Still helping tractor beam). The passive seems tacked on, I guess since he's a very crazy goblin, he carries volatile electric equipment that releases electric bursts. I can tell it's damage is boosted by the ruin from the ultimate and the mana gained from tractor beam boosts Nerd rage.

Tractor beam looks like Black Hole Sun, except the caster is the one moving and they steal mana in the process and deal that in magickal damage. Seems cool enough and works well with his skills.

The only real problem I see in the hero is that if you put this hero into a game that isn't so condition oriented, it would work. In DoE, the best heroes are the ones that are so condition oriented and awesome at the same time, that if you put them in another AoS, it would make no sense. Another thing is the hero is very point click. Click that, click this, move with more click, and click again to attack.

Otherwise, nice hero overall, better than a lot of mine, Goo job.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:24 pm

Omg I love Electrolyte. Tesla Cannon seems WAYYYY too overpowered for a passive though.

You should have Tractor Beam interact with conditions, especially if Tesla cannon is left the way it is. Like;

Tractor Beam: Latches onto a unit with a beam of energy. This Hero loses collison and moves toward the targeted unit. For every enemy that this Hero passes through, he steals X life per condition the enemy suffers from. Ruins the target and all enemies around it for 8 seconds.

I agree with crayon, DoE heroes should be unique to DoE.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:16 am

I changed his ultimate so that it now causes all damage to inflict ruin instead of just his attack, which increases its synergy with Tractor Beam and Tesla Cannon, but I don't think I could add a condition to Tractor Beam without it feeling tacked on... I might just make it cause a condition and changed Tesla Cannon into a skill that mainly interacts with conditions... but right now I don't know.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:48 am

I agree, Electrolyte is awesome, but you should try to push the mobility thing in this hero. How's about Tractor Beam be a bit more fun, eh?

Tractor Beam - Unit Target
Creates a leash between you and the target unit. Said unit gains X health for every Y distance closer to you they get, lose X for every Y distance they get away from you. Max Range of Z. X is doubled if they suffer a condition.

This way, get away from an ally, Tractor them, then either you or them get closer, heal. You already have a mobility based buff, so keep going with it. Flip side is you base an enemy, hit them, then Electrolyze either of you and high tail it out. Add Innert's ult for extra lols.

Tesla Cannon and Nerd Rage can kinda be chopped off, they don't feel right to me. Definitely not quirky enough.

You could easily have an activated passive that works like thus:

Bust a Move - Activated Passive
When activated, Kerplunk gains X movespeed, and deals minor damage to and cripples all nearby enemies that are not moving for Y seconds at the cost of Z mana per W distance traveled while active.

And then you cap it off with an ult like this:

Like a Boss - Activated Skill Thingy
For the next X seconds, enemies you damage are forced to follow in your footsteps, literally. Once following, they are dealt Y Magick damage per second until they finish tracing out your path. If any unit does not finish within Z seconds, they are dealt W damage and knocked down.

Ok, a bit more convoluted than what you've got, and needs some love to make it all fit together smootly, but this hero could be lolfully fun to play.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Vinnam » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:36 pm

ELECTROLYTES, POWERLYTES, TURBOLYTES, ULTRALYTES,

MORE LYTES THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Sorry Panda, had to be done xD
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:04 pm

So he really doesn't need conditions at all to do much of anything. He applies cripple and ruin in shallow doses and.. That's about it.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:35 pm

[Update] Changed Tesla Cannon to Bombardment
Altered Nerd Rage a little.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:21 pm

[Revamped]
  • - Changed Tractor Beam
    - Added Over-clock and Trail Blazer
thanks to Deathstalker for the suggestions.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:43 pm

You know that your third skill has 6 things that vary with level, right? The most a skill should have is 2.

My biggest problem with the hero is the mechanics of how he would play. Think about how much movement your hero does and how complicated the effects of the skills get when all of them work with movement. You'd have to run around in circles to be effective in some ways and even then, the spells don't do fixed effects... The effects vary with movement. Sure, for one skill, maybe two, that's kind of neat, but when it is on all of your skills it really feels a bit overwhelming. I think a bit of variety would be good here.

Also, tinker model ticks me off. Just throwing that out there. :twisted:
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Post by pandamanar » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:31 pm

Yeah, movement as your main method of doing anything would probably cause people to run in circles to accomplish the most effect, which is a shame because movement based abilities are so cool imo. Also, I haven't defined whether X means a variable that changes with level or a placeholder for an unknown value... I should probably specify that.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”