Alazar Nox, the Nightscream

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Alazar Nox, the Nightscream

Post by Deschain » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Alazar Nox
Nightscream
INT; Bane.

Level 1 Skill:
Chaos
  • Target AoE indicator. Target indicator is bombarded by splash damage of random type (50% chance of Physical, otherwise magickal) . Damage dealt varies from A to X (lets say 75 to 150). Any unit suffering condition that passes through Chaos is slowed by 30%. Lasts Y seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Warp
  • Delayed, 2 seconds. Once channeling delay is finished you move yourself and all nearby units to target point. Extends maim on enemy units for 4 seconds and X magical damage.
Level 1 Skill:
Warpstride
  • Buff target ally. Target ally moves X% faster. This spell is replaced with End Warpstride. Using this ability will revert it to Warpstride and Warpstride will end.
    When Warpstride ends the unit retraces its step back to point where it was cast dealing Y% of target's attack and causing ruin for 8 seconds. Lasts 30 seconds.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Nightwalker
  • Buff ally. Physical damage buffed unit causes will inflict bleed,maim or cripple for 3 seconds. all magical damage buffed unit causes will inflict burn, ruin or mute for 3 seconds.
    Madness never applies same buff twice instead it will just cause unit to lose X life.
    Lasts Y seconds.
Warp is filler for now.
Nightwalker replaces Warp as the ultimate. Nightwalker always inflict condition on damage just not sure which. Lost life is envisioned as just lost life. Optionally you could just increase the damage output by X or make damage bypass armor.
Last edited by Deschain on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Alazar Nox, the Nightscream

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Chaos is extremely cool. I love the random damage types, makes item interactions quite literally chaotic.
Nightscream wrote:Your spells and attack deal bonus Z damage for each muted foe.
You don't quite specify how this works. Is it a self-buff after casting? Does it just happen for the next spell? Does it last until you recast the ability or does it have a duration or does it end when the enemies' mute ends? Stuff like that is important. I also want to point out that I think this ability does too many things at once.

So warpstride I guess would be cast on an enemy so you can deal the damage to it? You don't think it's a little cheap that it both drags them back the way they came and also deals damage? It practically guarantees the success of any gank, despite increasing the enemy's movement speed.

And the ult works on structures? From your description, it sure sounds like it's teleporting structures, especially since it deals double damage to them. Anyways, I think it could be condensed into a cool move if you removed the damage and the extraneous stuff.

All things considered, I was hoping for more interaction with the first skill in the others. The rest of the abilities seem kind of haphazard and don't really interact with one another that great. (Except for the obvious matching of the ult and the AOE mute around self) I see where you were going with the allied AS boost, but it just feels cheap and not really that exciting.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Chaos is extremely cool. I love the random damage types, makes item interactions quite literally chaotic.
I was thinking the same, but, what about non item interraction? What's the point of having a spell deal both types of damage? Randomly, too? Get this: why should a creep, structure or hero remotely care about this detail before items are actually taken into the equation? I mean, yes, this is slightly variable damage (20% spell resistance, VS. armor reduction, etc.) but, if you wanted to achieve a random result, why not simply make the spell deal a random amount of damage, instead?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:38 pm

Oxygen wrote:I was thinking the same, but, what about non item interraction? What's the point of having a spell deal both types of damage?
None in the case of this hero, which I noted in my last post as being very unfortunate.
Rising_Dusk wrote:All things considered, I was hoping for more interaction with the first skill in the others.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:37 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Chaos is extremely cool. I love the random damage types, makes item interactions quite literally chaotic.
Nightscream wrote:Your spells and attack deal bonus Z damage for each muted foe.
You don't quite specify how this works. Is it a self-buff after casting? Does it just happen for the next spell? Does it last until you recast the ability or does it have a duration or does it end when the enemies' mute ends? Stuff like that is important. I also want to point out that I think this ability does too many things at once.
Increase all physical and magickal damage by X and make it visible in the hero card through attack.
Rising_Dusk wrote:So warpstride I guess would be cast on an enemy so you can deal the damage to it? You don't think it's a little cheap that it both drags them back the way they came and also deals damage? It practically guarantees the success of any gank, despite increasing the enemy's movement speed.
Warpstride is allies only spell. I'm kind of toying with removing either it or the Warp. There is only room for one Warp in this hero.
Rising_Dusk wrote:And the ult works on structures? From your description, it sure sounds like it's teleporting structures, especially since it deals double damage to them. Anyways, I think it could be condensed into a cool move if you removed the damage and the extraneous stuff.
Think Jumper movie.

Hmm will see what I can do.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Deschain wrote:Think Jumper movie.
Sorry, haven't seen it.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:02 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:
Deschain wrote:Think Jumper movie.
Sorry, haven't seen it.
Nevermind, warp will probably be replaced anyway.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:41 am

He meant, think aoe catalyst. Or Innert drag. Which are in the map already!

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:51 pm

Come again? I didn't understood that first part, could you explain a bit?

Return to “Hero Suggestions”