Verak, Unwavering Blade

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Verak, Unwavering Blade

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:22 am

Verak
The Unwavering Blade
Strength or Agility; Either, Just needs a story.

Story; Being created at the speed of snail!

Level 1 Skill: - Passive
First Strike!
  • Each second spent without a condition accumalates +X physical damage up to an amount of Y. The charge is released upon attack when it has reach 1/3 Y. Verak receives Z seconds of bleed upon releasing a charge.
Level 1 Skill: - Targeted Buff
Morale Technique
  • When targeting an ally, they gain X hp regen until the buff is removed. The next time they lose a condition with this buff, they are immune to conditions for Y seconds and the buff is removed.

When targeting an enemy, they lose X hp per second until the buff is removed. The next time they gain a condition, it is increased by Z% and the buff is removed.

If a unit dies with this buff, it is spread to nearby units for 1/3 of the remaining duration.
Level 1 Skill: - Target AoE
Indirect Strike!
  • When activated, X magickal damage is dealt to the target area and the duration of conditions on Verak are shortened by Y seconds. For each Z seconds of conditions removed in this manner, the enemies in the target area gain D seconds of bleed.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Passive
Recover
  • Whenever Verak loses a condition, he is healed for X hp.
Made about 10-15 minutes ago. Showed it to Hearty Heart. Edited the first skill and tad and here it is. The hero doesn't exactly have a very easy theme to work with so new skill names are welcome! Note I came up with these quickly to sleep! D:

I don't care if the name resembles Runescape! rawr!

Crayon >:O
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Verak, Unwavering Blade

Post by Rectifier » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:05 pm

This hero's theme seems to be related to getting rid of conditions and that's fine, but the fact that you can activate the ultimate, accumulate a bunch of conditions and then use one of those anti-condition potions to regain a bunch of hp seems strange.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:24 am

Why is it strange? It synergizes, it allows for many possibilities. You can buy said items to regain health and boost other skills...

Would you rather have him deal AoE damage around himself when he loses the condition? Increase his attack speed or damage by X for a duration of Y seconds?

I thought it fit but if it seems strange, please say why. Just because he regains hp for losing a condition, I see it as a clever way to tank damage. Since a lot of heavy damage skills deal conditions, this hero can easily support allies by leaving them invulnerable to conditions or extending them on enemies. He has got a lot of nice possibilities from the way I see it but if you've got suggestions, don't hold back.

I dunno, sorry if I seem like an ass or like I'm ignorant(Or if I repeat myself) but really, what's the problem with regaining that health?

: p

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:08 am

I like the ultimate a lot.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:59 am

Seriously?

Well, I've started to think some of the skills conflict. Morale blah makes you immune to conditions. This benefits to the First Strike skill by negating the bleed cooldown thing and other stuff but eliminates the possibility for gaining hp with the ultimate or dealing extra damage with the AoE skill.

I was wondering if I should make it shorten the conditions but it only ruins the target AoE skill. So should I rework the effects of the buff or find a better skill instead of the AoE?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:23 pm

You should just develop the hero in a manner that prevents those conflicts. Don't cheapen the value of skills in order to minimize the counterproductivity, simply design it so there is none.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:42 am

What if when he casts a spell with no conditions, it shortens the cooldown or completely negates it? Maybe it could heal him or make it cost 0 mana?

I don't want to reconstruct this hero just yet :o.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:23 pm

You've just got two themes working at once here. One where the target unit works best without any conditions, and another where he wants conditions so that he can interact with them ending. That just can't work without blurring the spells into a mush of fail. I realize you don't want to reconstruct the hero, but without -- as I said earlier -- cheapening the value of any skills, you cannot avoid it.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”