Perpetua, The Dolor Trobairitz

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Nowaki
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Perpetua, The Dolor Trobairitz

Post by Nowaki » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Perpetua
The Dolor Trobairitz
Intelligence; Bane of Eternity
i suck with stories and stuff, sry.

Level 1 Skill:
Scream
  • Let's loose a sonoric projectile in a straight line. The projectile travels 550+50*Level distance.

Reference:

Once the projectile is released, the Scream ability is immediatly replaced with the Reverberation ability, until Reverberation is casted or the projectile expires.

When Reverberation is casted, the projectile explodes, dealing 120/150/180/210/240 magickal damage and causing 1/1/2/2/3 seconds Knockdown to enemies in a 200~250ish AoE.

Reference:

Reverberation would be a skill similar to Gash (Janïse); it wouldn't override orders.
Level 1 Skill:
Ressonance (Passive)
  • Whenever an enemy inflicts a condition on Perpetua, there's a 30%/35%/40%/45%/50% chance that she will inflict the same condition on him/her for 40%/55%/70%/85%/100% of the original condition duration.
Level 1 Skill:
Hysteria
  • On cast, Perpetua releases a high-pitched cry that deals 60/80/100/120/140 magickal damage in a 300~400 AoE around her.
    Hysteria lasts 10 seconds, and while under the Hysteria effect, all of Perpetua's magickal attacks/spells will cause earBleed for 2/4/6/8/10 seconds.

Reference:
Level 6 Ultimate:
Forget Me Not
  • Once casted, Perpetua starts wailing a song.

Enemy units within 400/500/600 range of Perpetua will have a 50%/75%/100% chance every second of being randomly inflicted with either Knockdown, Mute, Bleed, Cripple or Maim for 2 seconds.

The skill is not 'channeled', nor 'active/deactive' (like Discharge). Perpetua can move and cast spells freely while Forget Me Not is taking effect. If Perpetua suffers from Mute, Stun or Knockdown while Forget Me Not is active, the effect is halted until Perpetua is no longer suffering any of those conditions.

Lasts 15 seconds.

Reference:
A hero idea I had for DoE a looong time ago, but never really had courage to post it :?
I imagine her being a fragile Hero, whose survivability revolves around the Ressonance skill. Both Hysteria and Forget Me Not require her to go in range of her enemies in order to affect them, turning her into a vulnerable target. Ressonance would be a tricky skill for her enemies to think about before going full power on her!

She isn't exactly a Hero Killer, because her spells wouldn't be damage intensive. But I do believe she would fight off creeps waves relatively well with Scream/Reverberation Combo and be a Hero of great support on a teamwork atmosphere, being capable of causing Knockdown and Forget Me Not would be a tricky ultimate, with potential to support many Hero Killers in the Bane.

So yeah, I guess that's it. :<
In the meadow of sinful thoughts every flower is a perfect one

Woven
Noobite Warrior

Re: Perpetua, The Dolor Trobairitz

Post by Woven » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:35 pm

I like it a lot, seems like a hero that would be fun to play, to me. The abilities are pretty inventive I think. Also, it appears to be a balanced hero, which is good... MUY BIEN CARLO!!! :O

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:29 pm

Scream + Reverberation seems like a sound version of Kree's fireball, but I do like it.
Resonance seems like the most evil of the abilities.
Hysteria, I love the picture you have of it, thumbs up.
Forget Me Not would be hard to use with a fragile hero, since other ultimates similar to it are on Black Lantern and that ultimate that steals unit control (its name escapes me atm).

Her only real weak skill seems to be her ultimate in terms of how easily she might be killed, but looks like it could really break the back of a siege or tip the scales in an assault on an outpost when used correctly.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:33 am

sexy art.

rawr!

+plus cool hero?

rawr!

sexy.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:55 pm

The hero theme really doesn't feel like it'd fit in doe. All bane heroes, for instance, are there for either 2 things: Feed and destroy.

The first category would find atrius and skittle, perhaps genobee.

The rest goes into 2.

Anick fits both.

Where does your biscuit go? .
Go ahead, scream at me, who cares?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:26 pm

Well, Oxy, where does Glasse fit? :p
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Nowaki
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Nowaki » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:38 pm

I understand a caster whose power comes from sound may seem a bit exotic for DoE. I disagree with you that she couldn't be on Bane willing destroy like many of the others, thought!

This Hero idea is nothing more than a fantasy of mine adapted to the DoE system, and by posting it here I just wanted to share the idea with you guys.

I know that it is not up to me if a Hero like this has room in the game or not, and it wasn't my intention to do so :vela:
In the meadow of sinful thoughts every flower is a perfect one

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:53 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Well, Oxy, where does Glasse fit? :p
He's obviously hungry!

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:57 pm

I don't think have a hero based on sound attacks is ridiculous in any fantasy themed map, just look at all the rpgs with Bards in them!

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:38 am

It really isn't ridiculous. It's just tough to do anything creative with it in WC3 because you can't create atmospheric deformations like sonic attacks would actually do. It'll be much more plausible in SC2 because in that you can do those.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Yeah, its kind of a shame that atmospheric deformation was ignored in wc3, but I can't see the engine doing a good job of it...

Return to “Hero Suggestions”