Caelum Nox, Sanguine Blade?

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Caelum Nox, Sanguine Blade?

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:29 pm

Caelum Nox
Sanguine Blade
Strength; Well?

Story; "Fallen in battle, Sanguine Blade my name. Never again to see, the light of day flees from me. My eyes with no tears to shed, the black of night is all there is to guide me. My blade of blood, an omen of gods, bringer of death. I am the reaper, I roam in search of souls to reap. They call me the Sanguine Blade but by no name I shall heed. One final strike as it all fades to dust..."

Level 1 Skill: - Target Nova
(Scarlet) Flare
  • Caelum calls down a bolt of lightning and deals X damage to the target and Y damage to foes around it. Caelum and victims are blinded for Z seconds.
Level 1 Skill: - Buff
Shadowy Embrace
  • Engulfs an ally in jet black increasing their damage by X. If a unit receives more than Y damage with this buff, they ignore all physical damage for Z seconds. (Z = the duration the unit had Bless before receiving Y damage)
Level 1 Skill: - Passive (Or Activated Passive)
Damnation
  • Whenever a nearby allies buff or debuff vanishes, they are healed for X and Caelum is blinded. Foes around the healed ally are also blinded.

OR
Damnation
  • Whenever a nearby allies buff or debuff vanishes, foes around the ally lose X hp and Y more hp for each condition they're suffering from. Z% of that amount heals the ally's health. Blinds affected foes and Caelum.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Passive
Vengeance is Blind
  • Whenever Caelum lands an attack while blind, the foe is stunned for X seconds.
Good Transformation?
Original Good Hero

Agrias
Holy Knight
Strength; Well?

Story; "Let the clouds of the heavens part so its light may shine upon me, I pray to thee, my holiest of gods; Guide me to victory so I may deal justice unto the forsaken."

Level 1 Skill: - Target Nova
Hallowed Bolt
  • Agrias fires a bolt of lightning and deals X damage to the target and Y damage to foes around it. Agrias and victims are blinded for Z seconds.
Level 1 Skill: - Buff
Bless
  • Engulfs an ally in holy light increasing their damage by X. If a unit receives more than Y damage with this buff, they ignore all physical damage for Z seconds. (Z = the duration the unit had Bless before receiving Y damage)
Retribution
  • Whenever a nearby allies buff or debuff vanishes, they are healed for X and Agrias is blinded. Foes around the healed ally are also blinded.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Passive
Blind Devotion
  • Whenever Agrias lands an attack while blind, the foe is stunned for X seconds.
Originally intended to be an evil mountain king. Last night while playing Agrias o' Shitfail and some other stuff with Rizock and GtGW... GT asked what hero I would like to have in his AoS. I came up with this on the spot and I was shocked. Well...
Original Post

[1:01:55 AM] <Agrias@Azeroth> Hallowed Bolt; Agrias fires arcs a bolt of lightning at the target damaging for X
[1:02:06 AM] <Agrias@Azeroth> Foes around the target are dealt Y damage.

[1:03:22 AM] <Agrias@Azeroth> Bless; Engulfs an ally in holy light.
[1:03:30 AM] <Agrias@Azeroth> Increases their attack by X.
[1:03:47 AM] <Agrias@Azeroth> If the ally receives more than Y damage with this buff, they become invulnerable for Z seconds.

[1:04:29 AM] <Agrias@Azeroth> Passive;
[1:04:50 AM] <Agrias@Azeroth> Retribution; Whenever a nearby allies buff or debuff vanishes, they are healed for X.

[1:09:59 AM] <Agrias@Azeroth> Ultimate...
[1:10:06 AM] <Agrias@Azeroth> Courtesy of dusk's amazing.
[1:10:18 AM] <Agrias@Azeroth> Whenever a successful hit is landed while blind, it stuns the foe for X seconds.
Last edited by Intoxicated Crayon on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 10 times in total.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Agrias, Holy Knight

Post by Kurogamon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:40 am

Interesting, very holy theme. Nice interaction with blind, too. Some input: Bless: Is invulnerability ever a good idea? Assuming that it is, it would be way more useful if it was just 100% damage ignore instead of true invulnerability. Maybe something that activates on blind receive would be useful?

Also, that it's in the story should be an its.
Can you hear them?

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 pm

Intoxicated Crayon wrote: [/list]Level 1 Skill: - Buff
Bless
  • Engulfs an ally in holy light increasing their damage by X. If a unit receives more than Y damage with this buff, they ignore all physical damage for Z seconds.
Why not make it so that the ignore physical damage is based on how long it takes to deal the damage, so if bless was on for 5 seconds and it happens, 5 seconds of the ignore. So either you do the damage now, or wait it out.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Intoxicated Crayon wrote:Agrias fires a bolt of lightning from above his head
Lol.

You could simply make it last something like 20 seconds, and when target takes enough damage, the time remaining is converted to Physical ignore? EDIT: Seta just gave me a really awesome idea. Make it so that the damage ignore duration is the same as the duration it's been on the unit, to a maximum of X (To prevent riggedness since something like bless either needs a long duration for damage or a high damage increase (Double damage for 10 seconds would be lol) to be worth it, or make it autocast/short CD/low mana.), so that it's like either you damage the target as fast as possible to make its damage ignore period short or wait the entire thing out so it doesn't trigger at all, but in that time the target can beat on whatever it's attacking with increased damage.

Wait, no, that's what he was saying, isn't it...

Actually, +1000 armor would be fine too for the physical ignore. +100-900 if that looks fugly.
Can you hear them?

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

That's what I was saying, kuro.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:51 pm

Yar... Thank you guys for posting your comments. Made the changes, that idea for how long the physical damage negation lasts was a great application. +100 proness.

This hero = fawesome? Or is it just me? rawr!

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:55 pm

Kurogamon wrote:Wait, no, that's what he was saying, isn't it...
SetaSoujirou wrote:That's what I was saying, kuro.
That's what I was saying, Seta.
Can you hear them?

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:14 pm

It's generally wise to never name a hero after yourself.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:29 pm

I think it would be interesting to retheme his skills to Bane (Keep the mechanics same) and change his name to something more evil. There's already a Paladin-like character on Order (Victor).

Also, Hallowed Bolt's tooltip maybe should be like "Calls down a bolt of Lightning" But it would be awfully cool if it was long-range line damage like a real bolt or line damage with AoE at the target? Make it look like Master Spark. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5gNaJ4_BbI)
Can you hear them?

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Kurogamon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:23 pm

<snip (No longer relevant)>
Last edited by Kurogamon on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Can you hear them?

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Gafgarion, Sanguine Blade?

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:48 pm

Changed hero.

Moar ebul.

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Gafgarion, Sanguine Blade?

Post by Kurogamon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:08 pm

First skill sounds cooler as Scarlet Bolt.
Second sounds fine for now unless others have thoughts.
Damnation would be more in theme if it instead affected enemies and damaged them in an area (That would be lolrigged with big creep waves, so maybe steal life and distribute to nearby allies, and blind nearby enemies and Sanguine Blade?).
Ultimate could be "Vengeance is Blind"?

I suggest "Caelum Nox" for the name. Or other way around, I forget how Latin grammar works. It's some combination of "Heaven" and "Night", fitting for a fallen paladin? Plus it sounds better than Gafgarion, or like Loki puts it, "wat, gargoyles?"
Can you hear them?

0rcish_13lood
Champion Noobite

Post by 0rcish_13lood » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:It's generally wise to never name a hero after yourself.
But you did it in AotZ with kisrug dins, just scrambled up ;)
AotZ > DotA

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Caelum Nox, Sanguine Blade?

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:15 pm

The story for AotZ has existed far longer than WC3. Did it ever cross your mind that I named myself after the character?
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Kurogamon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Caelum Nox, Sanguine Blade?

Post by Kurogamon » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:21 pm

Whoops, I just realized that Parhelios has Bolt for a skill name. Maybe that's a bit repetitive, or is it still okay?
Can you hear them?

Return to “Hero Suggestions”