Blood Maiden

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
storyteller912510
Noobite Warrior

Blood Maiden

Post by storyteller912510 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:46 pm

[place holder]
Blood Maiden
Agility; ???

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Blood Step
  • Active Target Unit
    Teleports to target unit afflicted with bleed. Blood Step has ~2 times the range of a Blink, and has reduced cool down if Maiden is bleeding.
Level 1 Skill:
Bloody Exchange
  • Activated Passive
    While Maiden is bleeding, units struck by Maiden gain x/extend y seconds of bleeding. When Maiden is struck by a bleeding unit, Maiden gains x/extends y seconds of bleeding.
Level 1 Skill:
Serrate Edge
  • Active Target Direction
    Maiden throws weapon in target direction. After traveling x distance, the weapon will follow Maiden until it returns to her. Units struck by the weapon take x damage and gain y seconds of bleed. The weapon travels at a very fast speed.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Crimson in Spades
  • Passive
    Until she stops bleeding, Maiden gains as damage bonus x% of the highest bleeding duration after she last stopped bleeding.
Well, another hero from me. This hero idea was semi-stolen from a friend of mine (but I doubt he would mind). His idea was to have his equivalent to Serrate Edge (which was an Ult) bounce back and forth as the hero blinked (his blood step) back and forth, potentially dealing up to 2600 damage or so. This part of the idea still somewhat exists, although I find her wondering between chasing/hero killing (Blood Step + Ult), multiple enemy damage (Serrate Edge + Blood Step), and standing-and-fighting (Bloody Exchange + Ult). There are many aspects of this hero that I find... unsatisfying, so I thought I'd try to get some comments.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: Blood Maiden

Post by SetaSoujirou » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:23 pm

It looks rather boring.
storyteller912510 wrote: Level 1 Skill:
Blood StepActive Target Unit
Teleports to target unit afflicted with bleed. Blood Step has ~2 times the range of a Blink, and has reduced cool down if Maiden is bleeding.
What's the range of blink to begin with?
Uninteresting skill-- Serrate Edge.
No clever use of bleed.
Fairly close to the already existing Vela.
storyteller912510 wrote:His idea was to have his equivalent to Serrate Edge (which was an Ult) bounce back and forth as the hero blinked (his blood step) back and forth, potentially dealing up to 2600 damage or so. This part of the idea still somewhat exists, although I find her wondering between chasing/hero killing (Blood Step + Ult), multiple enemy damage (Serrate Edge + Blood Step), and standing-and-fighting (Bloody Exchange + Ult).
How does this specific number of 2600 come up when everything is given in variables?
2600 is completely unreasonable, considering our giant tank Kassar/Glyphe would get ripped apart by that. Assuming a Blood Maiden would take the Bane side.
Why would there be such an obvious skill combo where you'd have to tell the reader anyway?
How is Blood Step + Serrate Edge "Multiple enemy damage", when it will rarely ever hit more than one hero, and creeps if even that?
Why give her such a dedicated role of "chaser/hero killing", clearly not enough to assume that role in the first place?
How often do you see actual people attacking, especially melee's, regardless of blink/disables?
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:12 am

I concur with Seta, and would like to add that you should probably at least think a hero through to the point of deciding which team they'd be on. Just a thought....
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

storyteller912510
Noobite Warrior

Post by storyteller912510 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:30 am

I'd like to reiterate that I've never even seen, much less played, a single game of DOE. Therefore I have no clue as to what heroes and skills already exist, much less which heroes are on what team.

as for the serrated edge, it was my friend's version of the hero that could do up to 2600. It's not my version, which, as you pointed out, is all in variables.

The only AOS I've had any real contact with is TOB, and in there, I see people meleeing quite often. I don't know if that's the case with DOE though.

Though, I guess it is very uninteresting

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:16 am

How can you possibly make a hero for a game you've never played?
Why would you include the part about the friend anyway?
Just for reference, ToB and DoE are fairly unalike.
Typically darker themed heroes = Bane, lighter themed heroes = Order. In other words a Blood Whore would probably be Bane.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:04 pm

Not only all the criticism that was previously stated, but having a passive ultimate skill is fundamentally a poor design choice for 95% of all heroes.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:36 pm

Rectifier wrote:but having a passive ultimate skill is fundamentally a poor design choice for 95% of all heroes.
I don't agree with this. It just needs to be a passive that is still interactive.
SetaSoujirou wrote:How can you possibly make a hero for a game you've never played?
This is also a good point.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

storyteller912510
Noobite Warrior

Post by storyteller912510 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:47 pm

I've watched my friend play ToB for a fairly long time, so I'm familiar with the general idea of a AOS.

I have the general idea of the game from all the accepted/exalted hero suggestions. I just don't have specific skills that are already in the game.

I tend to be horrible at making heroes, but I just find it fun, so I create one every now and then. Once in a (long) while I get something people consider somewhat passable, although the rest tend to be trash.

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Post by Loki » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Even having the "feel" of what DoE heroes consist of, it'll never be as good as having played the game. I'm gonna ask you to go play a single game of DoE atleast and try to grab the essence of the gameplay.
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

storyteller912510
Noobite Warrior

Post by storyteller912510 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:23 pm

Sorry to say, but I don't own Warcraft.

My parents are really anti-gaming, so I can't really buy any games. Even if I did by games, they wouldn't really let me play it. The only fun I can ever really get from any game is to look stuff up, theorize about things, and, for warcraft, to try to make heroes.

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:
Rectifier wrote:but having a passive ultimate skill is fundamentally a poor design choice for 95% of all heroes.
I don't agree with this. It just needs to be a passive that is still interactive.
I felt that leaving the other 5% justified my assertion.
storyteller912510 wrote:Sorry to say, but I don't own Warcraft.

My parents are really anti-gaming, so I can't really buy any games. Even if I did by games, they wouldn't really let me play it. The only fun I can ever really get from any game is to look stuff up, theorize about things, and, for warcraft, to try to make heroes.
That really sucks dude :/

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:42 am

Yeah, that is quite unfortunate, Story.
Rectifier wrote: I felt that leaving the other 5% justified my assertion.
I feel that 95% is too generous an assertion for that. Just because 95% of people are too stupid to make a good passive ultimate does not make 95% of passive ultimates poor design.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Rectifier
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Rectifier » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Hmm, I'm curious to hear your opinion, in the wc3 modding world, based on a percentage, how many bad passive ultimates are out there?

"Bad" can have very different meanings based on opinion in this context, but you don't have to explain what your definition is.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”