Allel, the Whisper on a Scream

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Allel, the Whisper on a Scream

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:11 am

Allel
Whisper on a Scream
Int; Bane

Story: Pending

Level 1 Skill:
Whispers
  • Active Channel
    Deals X(static) damage per second in an area for Y(not static) seconds and applies maim and cripple to struck units for Z seconds. If the channel is ended by anything but the casting time ending or a voluntary stop by Allel, her mute is extended by twice the time she had been channeling.
Level 1 Skill:
Echo
  • Preparation
    Any time mute ends on Allel, she is made unbreakably invisible and an image is created in her place for the total length of the mute. This image deals and takes normal damage. The invisibility is broken if Allel is more than X distance from the image or if the image is killed.
Level 1 Skill:
Tortured Chorus
  • Activated Passive
    When active, every unit Allel kills extends her mute by X and heals her for Y health. Drains mana every second while active.
Level 6 Ultimate:
And Yet I Must Scream
  • Passive
    For every second Allel has been afflicted with mute, she deals X damage per second to herself and enemies in Y radius. X resets every time she is free of mute.
Comments:
As always, not perfect, but she just kinda came together earlier today in my head, and I thought there was some fun interaction going on, even if it is a little imperfect. Let me know what you think.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Re: Allel, the Whisper on a Scream

Post by VZManticoran » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:21 pm

So... She extends Mute on herself, but wants Mute to end as often as possible? The ultimate and Echo just conflict greatly.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:12 am

Huh... let me see... It's been a while since I looked at this hero. To be honest, when I first saw it, I thought "Hey, someone used the cool hero title I thought up a while ago". Heh, oops.

Anyways, on point, you want mute to be as long as possible on Allel, yes, because Echo triggers at the end of a mute (and must be intentionally prepared before such mute occurs), and lasts for the duration of said mute. So yes, while you don't want mute to end, when sh*t hits the fan, pop a purity potion or WWP and let the image save you while you are invisible. At least, that's the high end backup plan. The more basic one is to use it as a simple ebb and flow of battle skill, one that lets you stay alive and in combat, while flowing in and out of mute.

Fun combo: Get muted for a long time, purity, get muted for a long time again, you're invisibly dealing significant damage to just about everyone, and they won't even be aware of it.

Oh, wait, quick notice, you don't want to be invisible too long, as your ultimate will damage you at the same time, so you don't want to be muted forever, as you'd blow yourself to bits.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Psiclone
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Location: As you can see from my avatar, I'm currently on the run from a--OH MY GOD!

Post by Psiclone » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:18 am

I definitely like the idea of the hero. Interesting usage of using conditions as a positive. It does seem like you'd need to do some serious hero juggling with this guy. Plus, if Order has Innert and she's level 6+, they can really f*ck with this one.

I do like it very much, though. Keep up the good work.
Intellectuals are like the Mafia; they only kill their own.
-Woody Allen -
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hero Suggestions”