Merrin, the Mind Unfurled

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Merrin, the Mind Unfurled

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:58 am

Merrin
The Mind Unfurled
Intelligence; Order.

Story: [Pending]

Level 1 Skill:
Mind Melt
  • Active Channel
    Extends Maim by X per second to units in the affected area. Once every Y seconds the unit will be issued a random order so long as it suffers from maim.
Level 1 Skill:
Blow Your Mind
  • Mine Summoning
    Creates a mine type object at target location (visible, physical damage immune, X second duration). Explodes if destroyed or a unit comes too close, dealing Y damage in a small AoE and extending Maim on struck units by Z. Drifts towards maimed units.
Level 1 Skill:
Mind Yourself
  • Aura (Passive or Activated)
    Units within X radius have maim extended by Y seconds every time a new command is issued.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Great Minds
  • Debuff
    Target unit Target unit has damage dealt to it delayed by X seconds and commands issued to it delayed by Y. The duration of the debuff is equal to the length of Maim on the unit when the debuff is applied.
Comments:
Heh, kinds made this guy off a neat idea Numen sent me, I've always hated the thought of Hero Vs Player types, but I think this hero may very well walk the line where it's still, at least conceptually, hero vs hero, as he's capable of playing mind games with an enemy hero. I admit, he's got some faults, the first of which being a significant weakness to purity potions, the other being he only has one real source of damage, but I'd like to say he could overcome these faults. Who knows, maybe I could just add that Mind Yourself also makes it so Maimed units within the AoE will never have their maim duration fall below some point, but for right now, I'll leave him as is. His being on order has more to do with the fact that I can't really picture him working with bane heroes than anything else. He can easily be evil enough for bane though...

Also of note: I refrained from just calling him Mentok the Mind-Taker, be glad.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Akruta
Champion Noobite

Re: Merrin, the Mind Unfurled

Post by Akruta » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:25 pm

Why am I reminded of Rikter? Anyways Could Mind Melt cause someone to waste their ult?

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Merrin, the Mind Unfurled

Post by TheDeathstalker » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:50 am

Hey, thanks for the reply, I've been busy with research lately, but I'm back now. I wasn't really thinking of having Mind Melt effect skills at all, more so I was thinking basic commands: Attack 300 distance East, Move 250 distance NNW, Stop, Hold Ground, etc. Essentially you're not twinking them over entirely, more so just playing mindgames.

Also, I have no idea how he reminds you of Rikter, but then again, I only actually played him once and misunderstood that he is a glass cannon (heh, yeah... oops)
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”