Abbruch, The Shattered Vanguard

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Abbruch, The Shattered Vanguard

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Abbruch
The Shattered Vanguard
Agility/Strength; Hallowed

A broken hulk of armor lumbered cross the battlefield. It's metal arms and legs creaked and the being moaned in pain. The beast trembled and it's faint yet gleaming eyes scanned the battlefield lazily. The approaching baneites met the hallowed soldiers in battle and their blades clashed. The giant rushed forward and as he approached, the armor of the bane shattered as cracks ran down the beast's armor. It moaned as it's limbs crushed the baneites under it's fists. His allies were wary and took care to stay a safe distance from the beast as they surrounded the baneites. Then, the armor of the baneites repaired itself but they felt a torrent of pain in the process as blood ran down like waterfalls from their bodies. Abbruch sighed with pain as his armor continued to shatter. The soldiers and the giant continued to strike until the baneites were no more then red pulp in the sun scorched dunes. With the battle over, men were lost but the soldiers continued to advance at the command of their leader. Abbruch silently moaned to himself as his armor began to repair itself. He slowly turned and followed after his allies like a dog after his master, he ambled slowly with huge and giant strides. The Shattered Vanguard. They discovered him in the desert and he has followed ever since.

Level 1 Skill: - Active AoE Self
Break
  • Abbruch breaks the armor of units in range(magically lol). Abbruch and foes are ruined for X seconds. Already ruined foes are dealt Y physical damage. If Abbruch is already ruined he receives Z bonus armor for K seconds.
Level 1 Skill: - Aura
Aegis
  • As long as Abbruch is ruined, all allies in range have their armor increased by X every Y seconds for Z seconds. Passively grants G armor to all allies in range.
Level 1 Skill: - Active AoE Self
Release
  • Abbruch relinquishes all nearby foes of their conditions. They are damaged for each condition removed in this way. If any of the affected foes are suffering from ruin, the ruin is transferred to Abbruch. For each condition given to him in this manner heals him for X.
Level 6 Ultimate: - AoE Target
Shatter
  • Abbruch shatters his armor and that of the units in the target area. Abbruch and units in the target area are ruined for X seconds and dealt small physical damage. If Abbruch is already suffering from ruin, he is healed instead of being damaged.
A support hero. Most of his skills manipulate ruin and use it to his advantage for dealing more damage and increasing the DPS of allies. The maim for the ultimate helps keep Aegis working for him by slowing enemy attacks. I put a '/' to so either effect would be good but the effect where if he is attack, he loses armor, synergizes much more.

Seems like a pretty fun hero to play. Can make a few heroes run away since ruin increases the DPS they receive and can work well with any condition hero or DPS hero. I liked the idea of a hulk of battered and broken armor that breaks other people's armor :P.

Hope you guys like this one,

Intoxicated Crayonz (> :O)
Last edited by Intoxicated Crayon on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Abbruch, The Shattered Vanguard

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:05 pm

You've got some neat ideas, but kind of disappointing interaction and execution. Release has a solid base, but it really doesn't match his style at all. To be perfectly honest, most of what he does belies a different style altogether, giving him the sense of having no real direction at all.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Abbruch, The Shattered Vanguard

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:30 am

I've taken your comment into account and remade all three skills except Release. I think the changes are pretty beneficial to the hero but I wouldn't really know but I seem to like this new hero.

I've changed Break into an AoE like I originally made it in one of my drafts but with many changes.

Converted Aegis into a conditional aura.

And I've made the ultimate into another magic armor destroyer of death.

In essence, I've changed the way he performed his original skills. No screaming for Break, No weird +armor for aegis without ruin, and no more giant fist slamming for Shatter.

I guess Shattered Vanguard might suggest something else in someone's mind but I was going for a hero who has broken armor who breaks armor without really touching it. I'll try and see If I can rewrite the story and maybe get a new name for me.

More suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Return to “Hero Suggestions”