Malgios the Fell Flame

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Malgios the Fell Flame

Post by Deschain » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:18 pm

Malgios
the Fell Flame
STR; Bane.

He likes burning stuff a lot. Even himself.

Level 1 Skill:
Fell Touch
  • Explosive De-buff. Can only be placed on a enemy unit or yourself. When this buff expires target unit suffers X magical damage. If buff expires on a burning unit all enemy nearby units suffer double magical damage and 5 seconds burning. 4 second cooldown. Lasts 5 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Flame port
  • Active target point. After a second delay teleports you and all burning enemies to target point within X range. Upon teleporting he extends burn on all nearby foes and himself for Y seconds. For each teleported enemy you lose mana equal to spell cost. Low cooldown.
Level 1 Skill:
Back draft
  • Active target point. Creates a line of fire from behind Malgios towards target point dealing X magical damage and inflicting 6 seconds burn.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Elemental Fury
  • Active self buff. When used you extend burning on yourself for X seconds. Burn deals four times more damage but in return you take no damage from other sources and gain collosal mana regeneration as long as that burn lasts. Has a very long cooldown.
All his non-ulti spells should be low cooldown medium to high mana and he should have a relatively modest mana pool.
Edits

Replaced Fiery entendre
  • (Active target point. Teleports to target point within X range and extends burn on all nearby foes and himself for Y seconds. High mana cost low cooldown.)
with Backdraft
  • (Active target point. Creates a line of fire from behind Malgios towards target point dealing X magical damage and inflicting 6 seconds burn.)
Changed Fell Energies to affect all enemies and yourself.
Changed Fell Energies to not require burn.

Changed Replaced Doom bolt
  • (Active, target point. Throws an explosive projectile that travels towards target point. When it reaches destination or enemy creep it explodes adding burn for Y seconds and pushes back all enemy unit by X distance. Malgios is pushed back the opposite way and inflicted Y second burn only if he is within X distance from blast site when it goes off.
    Range is X. )
with Flame port.
Last edited by Deschain on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:12 am, edited 9 times in total.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: Malgios the Fell Flame

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:29 pm

No pushing skills
The blink was slipped in for no reason
Synergy is pretty meh, very unsubtle
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:31 pm

It wasn't supposed to be subtle. This guy is as subtle as a jack-hammer. And I consider push warranted since it is can be used diversely and is required to combo with bomb.
As for teleport you are right I two teleport skill is too much. I'll try to think of something.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:30 am

First skill requires burn, which makes it impossible as a level 1 skill. You should really be careful with that sort of stuff. Also, the knockback on the second skill really doesn't feel right. It'd be awful out of place in DoE, a map that has no knockbacks at all.

I like the ultimate's burn interaction.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Yeah, like dusk and seta said, no knockbacks in doe. I agree with duskar though, ult is cool.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:04 pm

After taking a second look, the revisions seem a lot better.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Akruta
Champion Noobite

Post by Akruta » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:35 pm

Ult + Specteral Shard = Suicide mode enabled.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Third revision. Changed Doom bolt to Flame port due to popular demands. The functionality is about same I guess.

Sure, why not. If you have a death wish. Perosnally I would go with Last rites and regen rings since you could do more bombs that way.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:04 pm

For the first one, would it be ALL nearby units or just enemy units? I could see how you could shaft your teammates with the latter way.

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:09 am

Hell_Tempest wrote:For the first one, would it be ALL nearby units or just enemy units? I could see how you could shaft your teammates with the latter way.
Explosion affects only enemies. You suffer regular damage but enemies burn and suffer double damage.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”