Devourer (Destroyer?) sort of "tethered' to it via a purple lightning
effect. The spell animations would show the statue and the "ghost"
casting spells, and the Release spell would show the spirit fly into the
statue and break free.
The sound of a thousand thunderstorms tore the world asunder as
Rixxus entered the battlefield against the fools of the Order. Endless
nothingness swallowed legions of soldiers, leaving them dead and lifeless
in the terrifying realm of the Void. The Order immediately recognised
this threat, and without hesitation set in motion plans to turn about the
abilities of this beast...
As the last rune was drawn, the last incantation uttered, the
heroes of the Order watched from a safe distance as the nothingness
summoned by the horror that was Rixxus swallowed him whole, leaving no
trace of him behind. The Order felt they were safe from this terror, at
least for a short time.
He knew this was a powerful blow the Order had dealt to their
army. Such a blow would inevitably prove inconsequential, but for the
time being, a major advantage had been lost. No matter, for there are
such things that can circumvent even such a powerful magic as this. The
beast spoke to him, urging him to bring him back so that his slaughter may
continue, that his thirst for death could be quenched. The statue was
almost complete. Such a binding would not restore the beast to his full
potential, but it would at least give him an anchor to this realm. A
smirk drew itself across Vertejaune's face as he inscribed the last rune
into the statue that would bind Rixxus to this realm and serve as a
conduit for his powers. Their magics would prove useless against the
spell-strengthened obsidian. There will be no remorse, nor and mercy.
The Destroyer has been reborn.
- Rixxus is, for all intents and purposes, a statue. As such, he moves rather slowly and is only able to attack at a short range. He is able to break free of his bonds and gain a 400 ranged, AoE attack, as well as increased mobility, but at the cost of 30 mana per second.
All-consuming Void (toggleable "arrow" skill)
- While Released, toggle on to cause attacks to extend burn and ruin on targets for 2/2/3/3/4 seconds.
- Targets via an aoe target reticle... thingy. Opens up a black rift that extends Ruin on all enemies caught within by X seconds. Deals Y damage for each condition targets are suffering from while Released. Drains Z mana from targets while not Released.
- Activateable "stomp" ability. While not Released, increases spell resistance by X% and passes conditions on Rixxus to nearby enemies.
While Released, increases spell resistance by X%, but instead deals Y AoE damage for each condition Rixxus has, as well as purging them from his body.
Unstable Rift (Passive)
- Reduces the mana consumption of Release by X mana per second, and, while Released, grants a Y% chance every second to strike a nearby unit that has Ruin on it with a miniature version of Obsidian Depths that deals AoE (think Frost Nova-ish damage, with the main target taking more) and further extends the Ruin by Z (probably 1/2/3) seconds.
dishes. Yes, THAT much boredom. Haven't posted in awhile, so I felt it
necessary to give hero posting another shot. I mostly created it based off
the thought that the Obsidian Statue model has a lot of potential. Also, I think it'd be neat if a unit killed by Obsidian Depths just sort of disappeared from existence instead of playing a death animation. :p
EDIT: Well, the first version was overpowered, but, on a whim, I decided that there are very few heroes that use the Ruin condition very much, so I thought I'd give that a go. Also took Deathstalker's advice and made the skills more concise. Man, I remember back in the days when posting on AotZ's hero suggestions was a long and tedious task that involved much word...ness.