Quantum, Time's Arrow

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Quantum, Time's Arrow

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:49 am

Quantum
Time's Arrow
Intelligence; Order.

Story: None yet, but this hero is in response to something said in the channel about how there's room for innovation in every hero type, to which (I think) Seta replied something to the effect of "What about a hero with 4 blink strikes?"

Level 1 Skill:
Resonant Tunneling
  • Activated Passive
    While active, Quantum's attacks have an X% chance to blink Quantum to behind the struck unit and deal Y% extra damage for every condition on that unit.
Level 1 Skill:
Solace
  • Active
    Blinks to target location. If any units are within D radius of Quantum, they are blinked D distance away, dealing Y damage and extending cripple for Z seconds. If they are still within D radius of an affected unit, they are blinked D distance away from it and dealt Z damage again. This continues until all units are D distance from each other.
Level 1 Skill:
Quantum's Leap
  • Active
    Blinks to target location, taking X smaller steps, firing off one arrow at a random nearby foe at each step, dealing Y damage and applying ruin for Z seconds.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Crystalline Shot
  • Active (Global Range)
    Blinks to target unit and deals X damage and applys Y seconds of bleed. (1-2) seconds later, Quantum is returned to his original position. If he took any damage during this time, it is doubled and he is maimed and silenced for Z seconds.
Comments:
Not my best, but meh, I had fun, a hopping, sniping archer hero. I know there's not much synergy, nor is there much real umph to the hero, but again, it's fun. That, and I thought it would be a funny chance to have a blink strike ranged hero. Also, for those who may complain about the "Dahaka's the only one that controls time" thing, I'd say this is more of a hero taking advantage of quantum uncertainties, with the ultimate being one hell of a 'glitch' in reality, thus kicking his ass if he gets hit. I'd almost say there may be promise in this hero with enough work, but the base concept is too against my style to know, as I'm a fan of superheavies and pushers/controllers. Oh well, let me know what you think!
Last edited by TheDeathstalker on Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: Quantum, Time's Arrow

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:58 am

YES HERO WITH 4 BLINKS WIN
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:13 am

This is the best Hero ever. He should have an innate that Cripples nearby enemies when he Blinks too.

Black_Heart
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by Black_Heart » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:14 pm

This hero is great. I'm surprised how much you were able to do with the "hero with 4 blinks" concept.

And yes, you were right. It was Seta who said "What about a hero with 4 blinks?" basically.

Good job, Deathstalker.
Image Image Image Image

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:50 am

I kinda dislike Resonant Tunnelling, but everything else is win.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:06 am

What's so bad about Resonant Tunneling? Yeah, it's not as hilarious as Solace, but it does it's job, it's the kicker you use once the badguy's nice and hurt, not to mention, it makes a "fawesome" chase skill. Also, keep in mind, this hero is mostly a joke hero, so there are bound to be cracks somewhere.

Now if only I could come up with that 5 blinks hero Seta was asking for...
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:58 am

TheDeathstalker wrote:Now if only I could come up with that 5 blinks hero Seta was asking for...
lol. I'll be looking forward to that.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:34 pm

Quantum as a theme for a hero is awful. It feels totally obligatory, as if you were just looking for a scarcely known concept with which to tie a mass of teleport skills to. Did you ever actually consider the play-flow of the hero? Just think through a typical hero battle he would undergo and you'll see that he is not only counterproductive, but repetitive. If you want to take a serious stab at 4 blinks, you're going to need to try harder than this.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Suggestions”