Tiross

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Tiross

Post by Sabertooth » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:59 pm

Tiross
the Timewalker
Intelligence; The Hallowed Order

Story.

Level 1 Skill:
Fast Forward
  • Extends all conditions on the target by X seconds. If the target suffers from no conditions it is maimed.
Level 1 Skill:
Disc of Ages
  • After a brief delay, Tiross tosses a a disc of energy towards the target point. All hit enemies take X (high) damage.
Level 1 Skill:
Timesink
  • Cripples all enemies in the AoE. For each condition an enemy suffers from, it takes X damage.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Rewind
  • While active, all conditions applied by Tiross or nearby allies recurr X seconds after their duration ends. Drains Y mana while active.
I know, time is Dahaka's thing so he's twinked. But I had the idea of Rewind and I quite liked it so I tried to make a hero that fit around it. And his title is lame. I know that. I guess his theme COULD be revised, but the only thing that comes to mind is wind.
Last edited by Sabertooth on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Tiross

Post by Cold Phoenix » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:12 pm

I don't get the point of Rewind.
Your move.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Lol, Cold, what don't you get on it?

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:21 am

Oh cleed, this would be impossibly hard to balance the skills out, number-wise. On either allegience, if this Hero was picked with just about any other combination of Heroes, you'd have an insane team. There doesn't seem to be much slowing-down with Order's Hero set, but with this, oh geez. That would be mad.
There isn't too much synergy going on, is there? Seems really basic and nailed-together-last-minute. The little syngery there is includes mostly the reapplication in Rewind, which absolutely kicks ass in an unbalanced way.

My final remarks are:
-Hard to balance, with the Cripple and the stun. Even with low damage... (-)
-Not too much intro-synergy. I can see lots of teamwork involved, but it is very in-your-face. (-)
-Easy Hero to play. (/)

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:19 am

???

I don't get this hero at all.

Explaination on how he is to be or should be played?
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:58 am

I added a delay on Disc so that it may seem a bit less imbalanced. (And now since it's harder to aim it is assisted by the cripple from Timesink). I really don't like Fast Forward though so I'm thinking up a replacement.

An example strategy is obviously timesink/Disc, of course. When teaming Timesink would be more useful whereas alone Disc would be.
But what matters is when you get Rewind, which works like this:
-You use Timesink for example, it cripples enemies for...lets say 4 seconds.
-The 4 seconds are up.
-Lets say Y is 2, so 2 seconds later the cripple is reapplied, but for 2 seconds.

Or with a teammate.
-Rose attacks with Thorn on which is a 40 second bleed, iirc.
-If they don't cancel it, and it runs out it's full duration,
-And Y again is 2, 2 seconds later bleed is reapplied, but for 20 seconds.

Rizock
Noobite Warrior

Post by Rizock » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:17 pm

Okay, I looked at this and a certain hero combo type thing came to mind. What if Fahren were to be with this guy? I'm guessing that if he got a good feuer frei, he would have two fairly murderous explosions one after the other. But that's just my thought on it, correct me if I'm wrong.

Moving on, I agree that Fast Forward seems kind of filler, but the MS bonus on condition seems kinda cool, like Dag's polar opposite. Timesink seems kind of cheap and misplaced... maybe a less autocripple type thing? The only cripple that isn't really aimed is volley, which is being changed I think. The other ones are ults (Skit and Janïse). AoE cripple just seems like too much. Maybe you could go for a slow moving large missile(Like Arro's fireball)? I think it would be cool to have it so you could fire the cripple, immediately cast the disc and by the time it went off they would hit at the same time at about 800 range. :D

Either way, reverse seems cool, and maybe it should make the conditions unremovable for their second duration. Cool idea!

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:09 am

Ok, let me explain what I don't get after analyasis of this hero.

My impression of his Role: Condition Extender/Support

Fast Foward - It gives MS, yes, that's good. But he doesn't need MS at all. It doesn't synergize with his other skills, neither does it provide him with anything he requires to fufil his role. Overall, this skill, while ok on it's own, doesn't suit this hero.

Disc of Ages - Essentially a Shockwave and a Stormbolt, yes? Ignoring that fact, once again, this falls into the same problems with Fast Forward. It doesn't help the hero use his other skills to a better effect, neither does it fufil his role.

Timesink - It provides Cripple, that helps it work with Rewind. It deals damage based on the number of conditions a unit has, that works with Rewind too I guess, but it doesn't suit his role at all. I almost mistook his role to be a hero killer of sorts until I saw the ultimate.

Rewind - Once again, it doesn't have synergy, except with Timesink, and the inter-hero synergy is just "YOU HAZ CONDITION? I HAZ EXTEND :DD:D:D:" which is honestly, lame. This obviously plays to his role.

Overall problem: I don't see what he can do that Tronne can't do better. Tronne can extend conditions too, and he has other skills that make him a much better choice. (I think I got the hero's name wrong, is it Tronne? )

Final Note: You also mentioned in your inital post that you had based this hero's skills around Rewind, but except for Timesink, his other skills apear to be dis-attached from Rewind.

Once again, I'm going to ask for an explaination on how he is supposed to be played.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:39 am

I agree with LightBurneR's suggestion that we are given something to compare this Hero with and to review it poperly with. However, LightburneR also typed out a lot of contradictive trash, in my opinion.
I can only agree that Fast Forward is a filler ability.

Unless you already have a role made up for your character, here is a suggestion: a Aupport Hero that solely gives allies time to apply conditions. Thus, only your first ability is made synergyless and can be replaced with a different ability that can give allies the chances to apply conditions.

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:49 am

First skill changed, the stun removed from Disc and the damage upped so now it doesn't feel like a stomboltwave.
I like Fast Forward more now but I can't think of a name at the moment, sorry for that.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”