The Collect; Son of the Necromaiden (2)

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

The Collect; Son of the Necromaiden (2)

Post by Hydrolisk » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:08 am

[Please excuse any errors in presentation. Experimental concept. Inspired by a piece of art from: keiththompsonart.com.]

-

Hero Update on Dec. 31, 2008

-

The Collect, Son of the Necromaiden
Intelligence - Either Allegiance
Role: Crowd Control/Pusher
Story

The Collect is something unearthly. It, they... were born unnaturally from an infertile necromancer maiden. In her attempts to have a child, she constructed a contraption to store and condense the souls of the dead into a creature that she lovingly name to be her son. Though she was aware of the risks, she was still not completely prepared for what happened at childbirth. The Collect came to be with complete and unmatched intelligence. It was forced into the physical manifestation of a tiny, abominable man that looked to be constructed of one hundred thousand different parts of different humans, regardless of gender. The Collect, born with such sentience, became instantly ashamed of its shape and ran away from his mother who later died in grief.
And then one day, he was found by [Allegiance] forces, within the wasteland, cannibalizing all sorts of creatures and humans in order to survive. [Seeing much potential for a terrifying tool of total annihilation, the Council Members took it in and they would soon unleash a beast of which was collaborated upon by all the Council Members...] or [Pitying the damned creature, the Order took it upon them to raise it themselves. Still, even in battle though, they were fearful of the entirety of their cursed ally...]
(Innate) - Mechanism Undeath
  • Passive: The Collect cannot regenerate his own mana in any way. The only way he can increase his scarce pool of mana is by being within at least 700 of a corpse. For every corpse within 700 of The Collect, he gains +1 mana regeneration p/sec. Max mana of 300 (or something; permanent limit). The Collect loses 2 mana every 8 seconds if there are no corpses within 1000.
(1) - Flies of Benefit
  • Passive, Activatable: Whenever a corpse within 500/525/550/575/600 of The Collect completely decays, The Collect gains 10/15/20/25/30 mana. For 10 seconds, enemy units near the decomposed corpse Bleed for 3/4/4/5/6 seconds.
    While activated, enemy units near any dying units within 600 of The Collect have all durations of their Conditions extended by 10/15/20/25/30%.
(2) - Blood Culling
  • Passive: Enemy units that are damaged physically by spells, skills, steel, or otherwise within 550/600/650/650/700 of The Collect take 5/10/15/20/25 extra magickal damage and their Bleed is extended by 1/2/3/3/4 seconds.
(3) - Direct Interference
  • Active: The Collect extends their reach towards a target, attempting to bring it into the fold by tearing away its neck. Deals 75/100/150/175/200 physical damage and causes 8/12/16/20/24 seconds of Bleed. If the target dies to the initial damage, the Bleed is divided into all nearby enemy units, extending Bleed durations.
(Ultimate) - Arranged Marriage with Benefits
  • Active, Transformation: Requires a 90% full mana pool, but uses all mana. For every Bleeding unit and dead unit within 1000 of The Collect, they gain 50/85/120 +HP and 10/20/30 extra damage. All of the nearby corpses explode, dealing 50/75/100 damage and Ruining for 5/8/10 seconds to nearby enemies; The Collect gains 20 mana for each corpse. Every second, enemy units within 300 of The Collect has Bleed extended by 1/2/4 seconds. Lasts 10/13/16 seconds.
    (Requires 3 seconds to grow into giant death machine of doom. The exploding corpses and death begins once transformation is complete.)
Last edited by Hydrolisk on Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: The Collect; Son of the Necromaiden

Post by LightburneR » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:07 am

Excellent.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:20 pm

LightburneR wrote:Excellent.
More constructive post?
The skills seem a tad over-done for DoE. And innate is really meh. Didn't even want to read the ultimate after I read transformation and requires 90% mana.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:38 pm

Innate is kinda amusing, but... Not needed. Just have the first passive as a mana regen booster, remove the bleed thing, and have it maybe cause Ruin. But keep it as a passive passive.

Culling is just overpowered. 25 extra magic damage to all physical damage dealt is just... Silly. Making it activatable, physical damage extends Bleed, and units who die with Bleed explode into the blood misty thing mentioned in the first skill before, maybe?

Third skill just seems dull. Ending part is kinda nice, but... Meh. Something where it deals stacking physical damage over time, extends Bleed, and if the unit dies the spell is copied onto nearby enemies, would be kinda cool.

Ultimate... Just no. Need something COMPLETELY different.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:38 pm

Dram. I consciously tried to make the innate fundamentally required, but I can see how I didn't put enough emphasis on it.

All right, now that I've had some rest, I can see your points. Except LightBurneR. There's no point to see.

-So, the innate isn't really required? Yes, I can see that. I might have more ideas or something later. Processing...
-Oh, nice suggestion, Manti. Very evil. I'm going to buff it just a little though... (First ability.) Processing...
-There was a few typos that I noticed after I posted (second ability). But as I changed it, my iPod Touch (which I was using to create the entire post (flakking hard, by the way)) ran out of batteries before I could post the edits. Lame!
Anyways, yes. I knew it would be stupid to have that passive/activatable thing going on, but I couldn't do much at the time. So, your suggestion will be taken into account. Processing...
-I may or may not change the (third ability). This is something I think I would have to keep this way. However, your thoughts have been taken in with heavy consideration; you might see changes to the effects. I think I've found a few typos though... Processing...
-Since there is so much mutual hate towards the ultimate, I suppose I will have to change it. However, I am curious as to what is wrong with it now, especially on the transformation aspect. I thought it was kinda cool, and I still do, eh, but I'll change it. I think I have an idea, anyways. Processing...

-

I'd like more feedback considering the synergy of both Hero versions. If it's good, if it's flawless, if it's lacking, if it sucks absolutely, etc.
Hero Update

[Please excuse any errors in presentation. Experimental concept. Inspired by a piece of art from: keiththompsonart.com.]

The Collect, Son of the Necromaiden
Intelligence - Either Allegiance
Role: Crowd Control/Pusher

(1) - Flies of Benefit
  • Passive: For every corpse within 500/525/550/575/600 of The Collect, The Collect gains +8/16/24/32/40% mana regeneration. Every second, enemy units near a corpse within previously stated range of The Collect has Ruin extended on them by 1/2/3/4/4 seconds.
(2) - Blood Culling
  • Activatable: While activated, enemy units that are physically damaged within 550/600/650/650/700 of The Collect take 5/10/15/20/25 extra magickal damage and their Bleed is extended by 1/2/3/3/4 seconds. Also, any unit that dies within 600 of The Collect cause nearby enemy units to have all durations of their current Conditions extended by 15/25/35/45/55%.
(3) - Direct Interference
  • Active: The Collect extends Their reach towards a target, attempting to bring it into the fold by tearing away its neck. Deals 75/100/150/175/200 physical damage and causes 8/12/16/20/24 seconds of Bleed. If the target dies to the initial damage, the Bleed is divided into all nearby enemy units, extending Bleed.
(Ultimate) - Limit Break
  • Active: The Collect unleashes the energies of the many souls inside of it, causing absolute death to everything around Them. Channels for 5/10/15 seconds. Every second, up to 1/2/3 corpses explode, each dealing 85/100/115 physical damage and extending Bleed and Ruin by 2/3/4 seconds to nearby enemies. The exploding corpses deal 10/15/20 extra magickal damage to units suffering from either Bleed or Ruin.

VZManticoran

Post by VZManticoran » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:21 pm

Limit Break is all fancy like, but why not have it blow up creeps and corpses? Say, one a second, randomly. Corpses first, of course. And maybe it takes two seconds to blow up a creep instead. Or... Ooo. Have it 'activate' the creep/corpse, one a second for the duration, which then blows up in 4/3/2 seconds. Sense of impending doom is always good.

On the other hand, having the first skill cause it so that it's when a corpse is decayed or 'used' instead of just passively, would be cooler, for the Ruin extension. Buff it to 4/6/8/10/12 seconds, maybe?

Magic damage needs nerfing to something like 3/6/9/12/15.

Ultimate extends Bleed and Cripple, not Bleed and Ruin. And have it just deal extra magic damage per condition, not just for Bleed and Ruin.

Actually, ultimate that turns corpses into suicide-bomb summons, like Sappers, might be cooler. They explode when they get killed or 3/4/5 seconds later. Very weak attack, and 250 movement speed, so they're slow. Something like 100 health, unarmored. Have them extend Cripple and Bleed, so that once the enemy's crippled, the rest can actually catch up. Oh, and the sappers can hit buildings of course.

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:39 pm

I think I'm starting to break the concept of the Hero. I'm definitely going to need a second opinion before I apply more changes.

-The ultimate was originally going to deal dynamic damage based on number of Conditions, I went against it considering it to be too overpowered.
-The passive will most likely not be nerfed.
-There is a little bit of conflict between the first ability and the second ability with the ultimate so that I could balance it the Hero out overall.
-Sapper idea is very cool, although I would prefer them to be as AI controlled as possible, or instead just be projectiles that fly around for a duration, crashing into a thing to deal damage and then auto-exploding if it flies for too long.

Your suggestions have been taken into thought. However, I require a second opinion before starting on the next Hero update. You will most likely see some of your suggestions in the next version.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:55 am

Meh, my liking for the original idea was how smoothly it looped from skill to skill. Before turning the entire battle into a possible gorefest.

I pretty much liked how the AoE would've killed more units and more units leading to more mana, which loops back into more kills etc etc., and if needed, the ultimate works as a finisher or a failsafe.

Mostly, I just feel it lost a part of it's character due to lacking it's Innate. Meh. Just me anyway.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:52 am

You still have that looping synergy, only that it is more indirect and subtle. And, that's also why I really don't want to nerf the bonus magickal damage for the one passive ability (is it activatable now?).

Links to the inspirational pictures:
The Collect
Mother

VZManticoran

Re: The Collect; Son of the Necromaiden (2)

Post by VZManticoran » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:11 pm

It's just it's an activatable to increase all physical damage by 65. Which is a tad... Um... Strong.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:37 pm

VZManticoran wrote:Culling is just overpowered. 25 extra magic damage to all physical damage dealt is just... Silly.
Glyphe has that exactly, and it mutes. :)

VZManticoran

Post by VZManticoran » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Yes, but it's actually 65, because of Bleed. And it's not to just YOUR damage, it's to all physical damage around you.

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:12 am

I thought bleed was only 5DMG p/sec. Dram it! Ah well. This could get hard to balance. I think I'm going to make it slightly more conditional in the next update.

-Make (2) more conditional, nerf duration OR extra magickal damage OR both.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”