Xora, Imagination Fiend

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Xora, Imagination Fiend

Post by LightburneR » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:28 am

Xora
Imagination Fiend
Intelligence; The Hallowed Order

=============================

We were constructed from nothing,
and in nothing; we shall return.

We are one in many, and many in one;
The Mind is the sword.

We are limited only by creation;
Yet limitless at the same time.

=============================

First Notes: Xora CANNOT attack.

Innate:
Unstable Construct
  • Imagination is our power, to realise it, imagine it.
    Whenever struck with physical damage from any skill, Xora will have the ablilty to copy that Skill at a Lv1. Xora may only have 1 spell by this skill. A skill used in such a way inflicts Mute onto Xora for 6 seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Projection (Channelling)
  • To project is to see with one's mind. The eye serves no purpose in the domain of the mind.
    Xora attempts to project multiple weapons. He projects 1/2/3/4/5 weapons to randomly attack his foes within the affected area every second channelled.

Bow: Inflicts Cripple for X seconds and deals Y damage (minor)
    Axe: Inflicts Maim for X seconds and deals Y damage.
    Sword: Inflicts Bleed and deals Y damage.
    Spear: Inflicts Ruin and deals Y damage.
Level 1 Skill:
Imagine: Retribution (Channelling)
  • Xora extends the condition which he last recieved onto the target for X seconds each second channelled.
Level 1 Skill:
Limitless (Passive)
  • Imagination is limited by the human mind, yet the eye of the mind sees far and without limit.
    Skills copied by Unstable Construct are instead Level 1/2/3/4/5, and Mutes him for 5/5/4/3/2 seconds instead.
Level 6 Ultimate:
A Heart Not My Own (Passive)
  • Imagination projects a mind of it's own, yet a heart not of it's own.
    Xora's master, Exxod, fights along side it. The Bonds between Exxod and Xora cause them to lose 2% of their health should they be further than X range from each other. Xora dies only when Exxod is killed.
Exxod has the following spells.
Exxod has no mana.
He has 1 inventory slot and may only be allowed to hold and use potions.

Extra Skill:
Imagine: Weapon (Channelling)
  • Exxod imagines a weapon for Xora. That weapon can be a Torch (Burn on attack, Physical), a Bow (Bleed on attack, Ranged, Physical) or a Spear (Ruin on attack, Physical)
Note: You actually get to choose.
Note2: The Bow deals the most damage, followed by the Spear (Taking Ruin into account), then the Torch.

Extra Skill:
Imagine: Me and You (Active)
  • When used, Exxod and Xora transfer all their current conditions to each other.
Extra Skill:
Imagine: Reconstruction (Passive)
  • Whenever Xora is killed, Exxod will immediately stop and attempt to reconstruct him. Channels for X seconds, and if successful, resurrects Xora.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Xora, Imagination Fiend

Post by Hydrolisk » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:26 pm

First of all, there is little synergy. There is a little, but it's at a very low, basic level, despite the existence of your ultimate.
Second of all, the moment this Hero gets its ultimate passive, it's overpowered. And if there was a lot of synergy, then it power of this Hero could be described by (Overpowered(Amount of Synergy)).
Third of all, this Hero has almost no discernable role in gameplay. He's a jack-of-all that is nearly immune to conditions because of his extra condition buffer at the sixth level. Considering that extra skill Exxod has, he can bounce conditions with himself and with the skill that channels out the last received condition.
Also, consider this. Since Exxod is hardly a frontliner as is Xora too (and Xora still doesn't have a defined role, besides maybe Condition Applier, but it still is really on the line), if Xora was to die (near impossible), then Exxod would still be alive and in safety to ressurect Xora.
Considering this all, this Hero is far too volatile and can easily overpower other Heroes and entire creep waves.

P.S.
Do you mean, "You and I"?

P.P.S.
Despite my rant, this Hero is undeniably cool. Good try.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:29 pm

Very amusing. But the skill steal is completely not-workable...
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:52 pm

LightBurner wrote:Whenever struck with physical damage from any skill, Xora will have the ablilty to copy that Skill at a Lv1.
My God, no, that has no place at all in DoE.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:07 am

:P I suggested this hero knowing that the innate would be impossible to code, or at least, requires every instance of physical damage to be coded.

More for the character over the hero actually.

Just something I had to get off my mind before my holidays end and I have less time for these things ^^.

O_O"

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:30 am

I think he meant something more along the lines of any skill like this has no reason to exist in DoE, which is fairly true. Not to mention it kinda fails the reasoning test for Innates, as it doesn't play into the hero on a basic, essential level, it's just another skill.

I think there's too much going on with this hero, without any real purpose or direction for it. Focus is a key in hero design, giving the hero a small handful of complimentary roles to play, and do that.

Fun idea though.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:58 am

My basic concept behind the entire hero was to dump in as much abuse for the Innate as possible.

Since it copies the skills, I basically threw in multiple condition inflicting aspects, so he turns out into anyone he meets by allowing him to abuse their skills to the highest extent possible.

He copies conditions, applies them, uses people's skills against them (of course, he is weaker without their natural synergy)

A copycat hero rather than an actual fighter to cut short the rant fest.

O_O"

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:45 am

I do not see what you have said. You are lying; this Hero is certainly not a copycat Hero.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:43 am

First Notes: Xora CANNOT attack.
Exxod imagines a weapon for Xora. That weapon can be a Torch (Burn on attack, Physical), a Bow (Bleed on attack, Ranged, Physical) or a Spear (Ruin on attack, Physical)
THE CAKE IS A LIE.

Seriously, if he cannot attack, then what's the point to make stuff do stuff on attacking?

(unless I'm misunderstanding...)

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:04 am

I meant he can't innately attack.

He requires Exxod to channel a weapon for him to fight.

O_O"

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:19 pm

Ok.

Personally, I think he is more fitting to AotZ than DoE.

Seriously, his theme relies upon others, which could be useful for AotZ than DoE, because...uh...in DoE, you already have every kind of role for both sides.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:26 am

Hm, well, perhaps so. But I would have to re-work him some way or another to transit him into AotZ.

O_O"

Return to “Hero Suggestions”