Sylosi, Illusionary Blademaster

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Sylosi, Illusionary Blademaster

Post by Pigger » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:24 am

Sylosi
Illusionary Blademaster
Agility; Hallowed Order

Level 1 Skill:
You There, In the Back!
  • Active - Hero strikes the target and every unit up to 600 units away in a line, dealing physical damage and extending bleed on each unit by 3 seconds for every unit struck.
Level 1 Skill:
Reality Shift
  • Passive - Sylosi deals X% more physical damage based on the duration of conditions on the target.
Level 1 Skill:
Spectral Surge
  • Active Target Area (Small) - Sylosi and 1/2/3/4/5 trailing images of himself leap at the location, each striking for X physical damage and extending bleed and maim on the unit by 2/2/3/3/4 seconds per strike.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Mirror Image
  • Preparation - The hero's next attack or spell will be doublecast by creating an illusion of himself that casts or attacks with the same spell/attack. The illusion is created at Sylosi's location.
So, basically an idea that I had for a while but only ever came to 2-3 skills each time. Based off extending conditions and then reaping havoc. I did have the Blademaster model in mind, but it looks so much similar to Rikter's EoD with images, yet its the best model.

Skills One and Two both create illusions for their spellocityness so they look especially cool, like "You There, In the Back!" is the BM thrust animation where a more and more visible image is created as the line goes on, all performing the thrust. Reality Shift merely has an illusion attack, which seems obvious.

EDIT: I just thought of a different version of Spectral Surge:

Spectral Surge
  • Active Target Area (Small) - Sylosi creates an illusion of himself that leaps at the target area, any struck unit is dealt X physical damage and has its conditions extended by 3 seconds. If the target has a condition longer than 10 seconds it is crippled.
Last edited by Pigger on Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Sylosi, Illusionary Blademaster

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:26 pm

The idea is neat, but I think the skills seem a bit... Awkward. They're all indirect and don't really give him any direct influence over battle except the first one, which at least targets a unit. The passive only does something to a unit behind the struck unit, which is very conditional. The third ability feels kind of filler, like he doesn't need that extra damage dealing area ability. I am sure that something better could be developed there.

Does the ultimate require an image exist for it to work? Or does it create an image that then doublecasts?
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:28 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Or does it create an image that then doublecasts?
Likely to be the second.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:19 pm

It sounds like it doesnt create another actual image, but just an effect that does the same thing. Similar to caliga's ghosts. Being none of the other skills involve an actual mirror image.

Spectral Surge could look really cool, but it does feel a bit filler.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:23 pm

Any suggestions on what I can do with Spectral Surge then? This hero was sort of built around the first skill, and I figured that a blink-esque skill to tear that last enemy apart would be cool but I guess not, that and my new reality shift kinda takes over for the damage.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:02 pm

I think the first ability shouldn't strike the initial target; too point and click. It'd be more like Gluttony ( which is cool )

Return to “Hero Suggestions”