Dahkov, Manhunter

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Dahkov, Manhunter

Post by LightburneR » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:24 am

Dahkov
Manhunter
Agility; Bane of Eternity

==========================

The best of killers were not forgotten. They were only in tales of the dead and there only.

"Stain my blade."
You will be hunted down.
"The pain will be unbearable."
Gone in an instant.
"Unseen and unheard."
That is our name.
"I see you; I smell you."
Walking alone and afraid.
"DIE!"
Your tale ends here.

==========================

Level 1 Skill:
Hunting (Channeling)
  • Dahkov takes aim, then fires an arrow with deadly precision at the target. The arrow hits the first unit it encounters, Crippling it for X seconds and dealing Y damage for each second channelled.
    Channeling Time: 3/4/5/6/7
    Cooldown: 9 seconds
    Range: 3500 or so
Notes: This is a targetted spell and it casts the arrow when the channeling ends. The arrow will move to the current location of the target.
The spell will continue to cast even if the target disappears into the Fog.

Level 1 Skill:
Blazing Arrow (Active)
  • Fires a flaming arrow to the target point, extending Burn on enemies by X seconds and giving vision of that region for Y seconds.
    Cooldown: 10ish seconds
    Range: Infinite if it wouldn't be too crazy
Level 1 Skill:
Shatter Shot (Passive)
  • After shooting an arrow, Dahkov attempts to split the first arrow with another. This takes another X seconds of concentration, dealing Y damage and inflicting Bleed for Z seconds in a small area around the area the first arrow stops.
Note: After using a skill, this automatically turns into an active and is automatically used. It can be manually cancelled.

Level 6 Ultimate:
Thrill of the Kill (Passive)
  • To kill is in the blood of a Manhunter. Yet, to be the best, more is merrier. Whenever Dahkov kills an enemy with a skill, that skill's cooldown is reset and it gains an additional effect on the next cast, depending on the skill.
    Hunting - Inflicts Bleed and Maim for X seconds and can be channelled for an additional Y seconds.
    Blazing Arrow - Deals damage Y onto the area and extends Ruin for X seconds every second onto the area.
    Shatter Shot - Inflicts X damage for each condition on damaged enemies.
Comments:
My attempt in creating a character that can attack from any range, yet is weak at point-blank range.
Last edited by LightburneR on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: Dahkov, Manhunter

Post by SetaSoujirou » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:59 am

I don't get why anyone would even BOTHER using 'Hunting'
Also, the ultimate just SCREAMS STRYGWR from DotA.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:15 am

First Impressions: meh. There's nothing that screams character about this hero, but we'll see what happens. For future reference, loose concepts or ideas do not make good hero ideas. Characters do. Now, onto the skills.

Hunting: Meh. You get to waste 3 seconds to cripple an enemy. Quick question: when do you want to cripple a foe? Answer: When they're low hp and you want them to die. This is a rather basic understanding, but it's close enough. Either way, this skill just lacks impact. Also, it's kinda silly to assume that after 3 seconds of charging any condition that you apply will still be on a target, so you won't even get the cripple really... you just ... have nothing.

Dagger Flash: Counter intuitive to Hunting, seeing as it's a close range skill that *wants* to work with cripple, but just won't be able to. Oh, and it lacks any flair.

Dead Eye: Nice idea, but again, you meh'd it up. You're wanting to "hunt" with a hero, but now you make them stay by a dead body? Nah, not buying it. Oh, not to mention, it takes everything cool from Death Magnetic (the feel, at least, kill to gain some momentum in an area), and pisses on it, no thanks.

Scent of Death: Ooh, an ult, oh wait... no, it's meh. Vision isn't a huge problem in DoE, anyone with half a brain knows what's going on, so why's that so big a part of all your skills? Either way, a 2s cooldown skill on attack is rather useless, especially as the Bane already has a ruin on attack hero (Huh, did you do another bad version of a Vela skill? Sweet). Yeah, and just +MS is kinda shit too...

Sorry dood, but again, there's ABSOLUTELY nothing interesting about this hero, aim high next time, make someone badassedly cool, and not just a "hi, i hunt and stuff" guy... because there really isn't anything you can do with that that is worth caring about.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:27 am

LightburneR wrote:The Role of this hero is either a Frontline attacker (giving emphasis to Scent of Death, Dagger Flash and Dead Eye), backline support (Emphasis on Dead Eye, Scent of Death and Hunting) or as a Hero Killer. (Scent of Death, Dagger Flash and Hunting)
I'd like to point out that your first two roles are far too conflicting to function well together once the hero has acquired all of its skills. If they are each powerful enough alone to handle heroes, then you've given the hero too much functionality as he has no positioning weakness. Imagine if Dagurnott were amazing at long range combat too, I'm sure you'll see things my way.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:38 am

I said in the comments that there were 3 intended Roles for this hero.

1) Frontline Attacker - Dagger Flash, Scent of Death and Dead Eye.
  • Dagger Flash provides damage. (Ruin/Bleed)
    Scent of Death gives you movement speed. This will allow Dahkov to chase an enemy and continually attack.
    Dead Eye obviously gives damage.
2) Backline Support - Hunting, Dead Eye and Scent of Death
  • Dead Eye/Scent of Death allows you vision far away, and sets you up for Hunting (It is a single target spell, not point. You need vision)
    Dead Eye allows you to spam Hunting, and gives you a benifit for using Hunting on creeps (Damage should you feel the need to swap to a frontline attacker).
    Hunting should be spammed from afar to keep a long Cripple on an enemy then inflict damage.
    Scent of Death allows you to chase/snipe a dying hero that was weakened from Hunting.
3) Hero Killer - Hunting, Dagger Flash and Scent of Death
  • Hunting is for Crippling the target.
    Scent of Death will provide the move speed after Hunting to close in.
    Dagger Flash is the main dps and extends Cripple so the target cannot run.
Hunting Note: Does not nessesarily require Dahkov himself to inflict the condition. Could be done by an ally, since it doesn't look for any specific condition. It's a teamwork skill somewhat.

Dagger Flash Note: Intended to work with Hunting, but requires Scent of Death to complete the combo.

Dead Eye Note: Vision and Damage were intended as two seperate parts of the same skill. You can only have the benifit of ONE.

(Yes, I highly disapprove of self-synergetic skills.)
Rising_Dusk wrote:I'd like to point out that your first two roles are far too conflicting to function well together once the hero has acquired all of its skills. If they are each powerful enough alone to handle heroes, then you've given the hero too much functionality as he has no positioning weakness. Imagine if Dagurnott were amazing at long range combat too, I'm sure you'll see things my way.
I was about to post.

Since I've 3 opinions on this hero, I'll see what I do about him.

O_O"

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:47 am

Some of the best heroes only have 1 role that they do phenomenally well. Very few of those very memorable heroes are good at everything. Just keep that in mind.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:14 am

I have edited him to be mostly Backline Support, so he would have to stay behind most/all of the time.

O_O"

Hydrolisk
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Hydrolisk » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:03 am

Squaring the damage for the ultimate is beyond stupid, especially since you're multiplying two variables (one of which can range from nothing to six) together. It's so completely volatile that it MUST either kill your target instantly or do NOTHING REMARKABLE. And considering what you're argument would be, NO. It is NOT balanced because "it has a high chance of missing". That's just juggling with extremes, and it's stupid when the rest of the Hero is also taken into account for. It's like, "do or die" except that it's more appropriate to say "miss or kill."

It really doesn't fit. At all. As in, not with the Hero itself or with the thing that makes DoE roll.
If you weren't already aware, archer Heroes (which this Hero is turning out to be) are lame.

-

I had second thoughts about posting, but I'll finish with an afterthought: YEEEHAW.

-

Happy holidays.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:25 am

Gogogo 0-36 damage (please tell me I'm not interpreting your ultimate correctly)
And it's lame to channel from a lane away, which is approximately what the distance is for your skills.
I would rather snipe with Jhita.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:40 am

Dahkov takes 3 seconds to take aim, then fires an arrow with deadly precision at the target. Should the arrow hit the target, it will be Crippled and takes Y damage if it is suffering from a condition or if it is a unit, based on the distance travelled.
If aimed with deadly precision, why can it miss?

Flare already provides vision, why should bodies do so also?

Lowering cooldown through another spell just screams "FILLER"

Too many variables on the ultimate. Also, isn't the first spell already a snipe?

I'd call this a good try, but it'd be lying. I find the flare interesting, but poorly implemented. I see what you're trying to do here, with the vision, but it simply feels boring. Iunno. Besides, DoE has plenty of archers --

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:38 am

Oxygen wrote:If aimed with deadly precision, why can it miss?
Because arrows don't travel at the speed of light, and it's a long distance shot.

As for the Ultimate, I don't exactly like it either. (realised after my edit)

My intended point was for it to deal massive damage most of the time, which is to say it would've been about 400-500ish if the target had 4 conditions or so, because 5-7 conditions on a target is rare, and if such a task could be acomplished, then I don't see the reason why you get an instant kill. (Besides if you had 5 or more conditions on you, you'd likely to be dead or lucky to live, excluding the situation with Exuro's ultimate)

I'm trying to change the hero in such a way that he would be good at long ranged, but also at mid-range and totally suck at melee.

Yea, I plan to remove the Ultimate.

O_O"

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:47 pm

Meh, Double Post.

I dropped Skull Breaker and Dead Eye, tweaked Hunting a bit.

O_O"

Return to “Hero Suggestions”