Kazar, The Black Vizier

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Kazar, The Black Vizier

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:31 am

Kazar (Amida)
The Black Vizier
Intelligence; Bane of Eternity

Story; "This ever strange man, he who speaks to himself and takes notice to none around him. His eyes big and small, red or white; you can never really tell. His robes as black as the night sky and skin dirtier and older than the dunes themselves. The baneites pay no heed to him either and neither do the hallowed bastions but as he roams the battlefield, he pities and laughs at those who scream and cry in his approach... Sad."

Level 1 Skill: - Passive
Shadow of Doubt
  • Kazar's ominous and illusive appearance causes foes to doubt their every move. Every X seconds, all stationary foes are crippled. Those suffering from conditions are dealt Y damage.
Level 1 Skill: - AoE Channel
Null
  • Kazar engulfs an area in dark energies inducing strange effects. All units within the targeted area are dealt X DPS. If a foe becomes crippled, maimed, or ruined within this field, they are muted for 2 seconds.
Level 1 Skill: - Conditional Damage
Shadowbind
  • Kazar cripples the target and deals Z damage. If the target is suffering from a condition it is crippled for X(X = # of conditions on foe x #) more seconds and dealt Y extra damage per condition.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Summon
Shadowflare
  • Kazar manifests a giant sphere of darkness. This sphere burns those nearby it for X DPS and periodically releases shockwaves dealing Y damage each and knocking down foes afflicted with conditions. After Z seconds, a final shockwave is released, dealing Y x 3 damage and knocking down foes for 3-6 seconds.
Alternative for Ultimate - Level 6 Ultimate: - Active Passive
Shadowflare
  • Kazar begins releasing enormous charges energy from himself when activated. Every X seconds, Kazar releases a shockwave that deals Y damage. Any foe suffering from a condition that is hit by the shockwave creates a small explosion around it and cripples it for 2 seconds. Each wave deals Z damage to Kazar and this spell drains mana while active.
A 'dark' hero. I think I pretty much screwed up the story but if you get sort of get the image I'm trying to put through with it, it's that he is a very old and dark figure, sort of like Tristan. All skills synergize in some manner, whether or not he seems fun to others, I do not know. A large condition interaction with slowing down foes so I'd think he is more of a support hero or a slow/weak hero who desires time to let loose spells or slow DPS to pick off his foes.

Hope you all like it, Intoxicated Crayon :p.
Last edited by Intoxicated Crayon on Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Kazar, The Black Vizier

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:53 am

A few things caught my eye... First, the first skill, Shadow of Doubt, is obscene. Any time a unit attacks, they're crippled (as you have to stop moving to attack), meaning the odds of Kazar or any other allied hero nearby him ever getting killed are slim to none. Also, it seems that the second and third skills are entirely meaningless at level one unless you've got support. Now, some heroes can get away with one skill not working at level one, but two? I think these need some work to be useful at any time, not just on units that are already conditioned. Another thing is that the 2nd skill, when combined with the first, means no enemy within your AoE can ever cast a spell, as again, they have to stop to cast, which means again, they'll be crippled, and then muted, so one might as well just say it mutes all units in the area (I know there are a few skills that ignore this, but most don't). Last, the ultimate just seems disjoint from the rest of the hero. Nothing with this hero makes use of knockdown and there's no real need for anything else it does.

I think that while this hero has mild promise with the premise, it's just not enough. A premise of "Mysterious Stranger" just lacks punch without a certain level of badassity to it, and this, sadly, lacks that.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Kazar, The Black Vizier

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:21 pm

Alright, I've made some changes to the skills.

I think Null was a mistake on my behalf, if a foe becomes crippled/aimed/ruined in the field, it is muted for 2 seconds. So if Shadow of Doubt takes effect every 6 seconds or something, the mute won't be super devastating.

I've changed Shadowbind slightly and edited how Shadow of Doubt triggers and made an alternative ultimate that slightly makes more sense for this kind of hero.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Return to “Hero Suggestions”