Paradox, Silenced Blade

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Paradox, Silenced Blade

Post by LightburneR » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:25 am

Paradox
Silenced Blade
Aglilty; The Bane of Eternity

===========================

I am the guiding blade,
beyond sight or sound.
This world was made to be,
against what was meant to be.

We have waited,
and once again, been lost.
The lost shall wait,
And the waiting shall be lost.

When first becomes last
and last becomes first.
The final hand shall strike.
"Let it begin"

===========================

Level 1 Skill:
Paradoxial Flip (Activated Passive)
  • Whilst active, any condition inflicted onto Paradox will instead be Mute with Y% of the original duration. While Muted, Paradox turns unbreakably invisible and gains X movement speed.
Level 1 Skill:
Lasting Finale (Active)
  • Inflicts Ruin on the target and Paradox for X seconds. Whilst Ruined in this way, any physical damage taken will extend Ruin on that unit for 1 second.
Level 1 Skill:
Lost Guide (Passive)
  • When attacking, transfers all conditions on Paradox to the attacked unit and all conditions from that unit to Paradox with X% of the duration.
Level 6 Skill:
Re-existance (Active)
  • Paradox creates an area of looping contradiction. Any condition inflicted or extended within this area for the duration of the spell, will be extended for 1 second each second in the area onto all units, friend or foe alike. Lasts for X seconds.
Explaination: EG. I have Unit X and Y in this "area". Unit X has Bleed inflicted onto it, so for the rest of the X seconds, Unit X and Y will have Bleed extended onto them by 1 second each second. Basically this applies to Ruin, Maim, Cripple, Mute, Burn and Blind.
Last edited by LightburneR on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Paradox, Silenced Blade

Post by TheDeathstalker » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:14 am

Ok, I don't have the time to really go through the hero too in depth, but just looking at the first skill, let me tell you how this hero doesn't work.

Any condition becomes mute, while muted, he's unbreakable invisible. Simply add the item that lights him on fire on attack, and you now have an immortally invisible hero, just off one skill.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

wallow00
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by wallow00 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:30 pm

Problem with the ult:

Dagurnott's ult is far superior then your ult, which makes yours inferior in every way.
In other words, your ult needs a buff.
-It's not about what i want, it's about what's fair. You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. Well, the world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is fate. Unbiased, unprejudiced ... fair.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:51 pm

Eeh, I wouldn't sell it short that fast, with a quick tweak and some perspective, it becomes a horrifying monstrosity. Make X something like 50/70/90, and then make it extend conditions instead of just applying them. End result could be amazing if used right, and would essentially make carrying purification pots manditory. On second thought, you could leave it as just apply, but allow it to be activated to make it extend but have some nasty side effect (as that seems to be the idea with this hero) like Y damage to Paradox per second transferred (.5 ish?)
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:54 pm

Problem is that doe isn't simply about single target killing. And it has enough of that already. I see interesting stuff, but all of this is achieved by a) much simpler techniques and b) much more strait forward, and perhaps interesting.

This hero can't do anything Rikter or Caliga can't, but they can do much that he can't, and are they interesting, damn yes

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:35 am

I do realize that Item would cause him to be permernantly invisible, but it would also turn him permernantly ... Muted. He'll just get AoEd to death at that rate.

The Ultimate would probably be 100% (X) when maxed out, but I suppose extending rather than inflicting would be a real nightmare.

Hitting a target multiple times with it with the first skill active is basically Muting both heros for a long duration.
The Second skill will result in crazy duration of Ruin.
The Third would basically take every condition in the vicinity and force it onto a target while extending it.

It is very much true that this hero is unable to acomplish what Rikter or Cailga can whilst they can do anything he can, but Rikter or Cailga can't produce the effect that this hero has.

In fact, I'm sure despite having only 7 global debuffs in DoE, while one hero can fill in the role of another or do something similiar to the next, they are all different.

Paradox could just be used to perm-mute himself and an enemy, OR he could drop a variety of conditions and keep them on a target. His role would be somewhere between a debuffer rather than a single target killer.

O_O"

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:13 am

I'd just like to include that uniqueness is what makes a hero 'map-worthy'. When you play a hero in DoE, you don't think of another hero from the same map. Of the three heroes that I recall getting into the map as hero suggestions, all of them were unique at the time. Dis, Fahren, and Tristan all had a SINGLE 'saving-grace-spell' that Dusk praised. Flickerflame, removing burn and damaging for the burn time removed. Black hole sun, a ward that provided AoE invisibility if you were inside, but not too close to the center of the AoE. And Spitfire elemental, which summons an elemental when Dis takes a condition. So yeah. I'm done ranting, just try to make completely new skills that we haven't seen before and impress us.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:30 pm

I didn't really like Beyond the World, so it has been changed. Now it's his Lv6. Skill.

Lost Guide became a Lv1 Skill.

O_O"

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:02 pm

What does being in another world do exactly....
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

The Colonel
Letter Linguist

Post by The Colonel » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:20 pm

Maybe it's like the faerie dragon's phase shift or whatever.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:55 pm

LightburneR wrote:Note: This spell will record the locations of the targets when cast and transport them into a small area.
It picks all the heros in the Area of Effect, then transports them to a location in the map (unaccessable by any other methods) and places them there. That location would be about a circle with a 3000 (in Wc3 style) diameter.

Basically a spell that drops you into a limited space where anyone who wasn't in the inital spell can't just walk in and attack you.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to put that it affects Paradox as well.

O_O"

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:06 pm

Except that'd be pretty hard to pull off elegantly...

I mean, where would the space for this alternate world be...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:21 pm

Why does it even MATTER to put them in their own secluded spot opposed to just removing them from the map?
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:19 am

SetaSoujirou wrote:Why does it even MATTER to put them in their own secluded spot opposed to just removing them from the map?
Erm, no. The spell picks every other hero (including Paradox) and places them ALL into one nice general location where noone can run from. From there I could see every other AOE nuke from each team dropping from the sky and stuff :P. But yea, the intention is that it's like a mini-arena.
Daryll-The-Damned wrote:Except that'd be pretty hard to pull off elegantly...

I mean, where would the space for this alternate world be...
I have no idea ._.

I'm not Dusk =S.

O_O"

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:14 pm

LightburneR wrote:Erm, no. The spell picks every other hero (including Paradox) and places them ALL into one nice general location where noone can run from. From there I could see every other AOE nuke from each team dropping from the sky and stuff :P. But yea, the intention is that it's like a mini-arena.
Spells like this are inelegant purely by nature. Plus, it goes agains the teamwork based nature of DoE by creating the potential for an unavoidable 1v1 situation.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”