Flude the Flaming Fox

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Flude the Flaming Fox

Post by LightburneR » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:03 pm

Flude (because Flickerflame was used and I didn't know it ._.)
Flaming Fox
Intelligence; Bane of Eternity

They found it, or him, drinking water. It, was a fox with the splendor and glow, in the pink of health. The Banites and Hallowed Soiders pincered it on either side.

Almost instant in panic, it began running, but could not, as it was soon surrounded by the terror of war. A moment later, the sky was red with blood and flames. On the ground, the Everlasting anger invoked in a creature of peace.

The bonds that the flames held were that of even strength with it. To Fight Fire with Fire, was unless against it. It's flames were too hot, that they would melt through almost anything, perhaps even fire......

It's home had been invaded, for soon, too soon there was what to be happening. This was but a small spark in the pyric wells of war...... They would fan the flames, fan the flames that was to be regret......

Level 1 Skill:
To Fight Fire with Fire (Active)
  • Deals X damage for the difference between the duration of Burn on Flightflame and the target unit. Then, inflicts Maim for Y seconds on the target and Flightflame.
Note: This will only deal damage IF the duration of Burn on Flightflame is longer than the target unit!

Level 1 Skill:
Glowing Power (Active)
  • Removes the last inflicted condition on Flightflame (assuming it still has it) and extends X% of the removed condition's remaining duration as Burn.
Note: This includes Burn.

Level 1 Skill:
Everlasting (Toggleable Passive)
  • Extends all conditions currently on Flightflame by 1 second. For each condition it is currently suffering from, it gains X damage and Y health per second.
Note: Mute will disable this skill >_>, so as to prevent perm-mute.

Level 6 Ultimate:
Flame Hex (Active)
  • Links the target unit and Flightflame for X seconds. Whilst linked, a condition inflicted on either unit will also be inflicted onto the other, with the exact same duration. Flightflame will also be granted vision of that unit.
Note: If a condition is removed, this buff will not trigger.
Last edited by LightburneR on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: Flickerflame the Flaming Fox

Post by SetaSoujirou » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:04 pm

My biggest quarrel with this hero is that Fahren already uses the skill 'Flickerflame'. I hope you already knew that part. And I think the idea of transferring conditions and/or removing burn is too similar to Fahren in general.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Flickerflame the Flaming Fox

Post by LightburneR » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:33 am

SetaSoujirou wrote:My biggest quarrel with this hero is that Fahren already uses the skill 'Flickerflame'. I hope you already knew that part. And I think the idea of transferring conditions and/or removing burn is too similar to Fahren in general.
I've never used Fahren before/yet. In fact, I have no idea who he is......

The only "Firey" heros I remember are Jhinta, Diz, Arro and... erm, that's about it. I'll check =/

Edit: Oh, he's the Troll guy... I've never seen him in action before.

Other than his Ultimate, he doesn't transfer any conditions, but it's definately too similar to Fahren's Flickerflame so that's something I'll definately change.

Regardless, I'll do something about the name and see what else I can do to it's skillsetup.

O_O"

Loki
Gypsy
Location: In a sea of paper cranes and a sky of paper planes.

Re: Flightflame the Flaming Fox

Post by Loki » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:23 am

Fahren's ult transfers conditions. lol
Let's do what comes naturally
ImageImageImageImage
I'll be waiting in Haven.

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:10 am

Flightflame the Flaming Fox. The name itself would turn me off, sorry.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:19 am

I think there's enough burn abuse in the map already, to be honest. Right now your hero is a mix of Dis and Fahren in fox-form. It just isn't different enough to merit actual use. Let's see some creative use of burn, man. (Points at Maltheron)
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:03 pm

First, I must say that I've never used/seen Fahren before, not once.

Now having said that, I am trying to come up with a new skillset for this hero.

Oh and the name was last minute <_<, I'm not stasified with it either.

Edit: He has a new skillset, but he is still mantains the power of transfering conditions (but with differences to other condition transfering skills)

Oh and I still haven't figured out a name yet =S, so it'll stay as Flightflame for now.

O_O"

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:32 pm

Use your story to write your hero's skills.

For instance, you mention a "circle of flames", so why not have an ability that uses a circle of flames or summat (in addition to doing other stuff as well)?

Also, his name has "flame" in it twice, which is a no-no.

Here's an ultimate idea (you must give credit if you use)

Level 6 Ultimate:
Fiendfyre
  • The hero uses the target corpse to create a Fire Fox (hehe), causing the hero to burn for 6 seconds. The fox moves fast, and has a 15 second burn on creation. The foxes get stronger as the skill level increases (damage and health increase). The foxes die when they are killed or their burn duration reaches zero, at which point they explode, dealing 40/60/80 damage to and extending burn by 10 seconds on nearby enemies. No maximum number of foxes. (Target Corpse)
Then you could have some ability that allows you to lengthen the foxes' lifespans, or uses them to deal damage to enemies in some convoluted way, or heals the hero, or whatever the hell you want.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:13 pm

Man, that's kind of ripping off Meridia right there.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Daryll-The-Damned
Captain Caption

Post by Daryll-The-Damned » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:02 pm

Kind of? That's taking Kiss of Death and Nova and melding them together in one different named spell.

I think we've got enough fire heros in DoE anyway. Pick a less common condition.

Like...blind...or something. /shrug.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pestilence :: Rocky the V :: Buz-Ze :: Zen :: The Kid:: Imperius

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:59 pm

Greenspawn wrote:Use your story to write your hero's skills.
Opps. =/ I edited the skills but forgot about the story.
Greenspawn wrote:For instance, you mention a "circle of flames", so why not have an ability that uses a circle of flames or summat (in addition to doing other stuff as well)?
His initial skillset had a Flame Circle, just on that note.
Greenspawn wrote:Also, his name has "flame" in it twice, which is a no-no.
I know, I dislike the current name too.
Daryll-The-Damned wrote:Like...blind...or something. /shrug.
I'll keep this hero to Burn, maybe the next one.

O_O"

Return to “Hero Suggestions”