Lilith, The Black Bloom

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Lilith, The Black Bloom

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:16 am

Lilith
The Lily of Exile - Siren.
Intelligence [Physical, Ranged]; Bane of Eternity
May.

The lily that lay in the valley blooms, a stretch of green littered with color and engulfed in scents. A figure, a girl to be precise. Everyday when the sun had reached as high as it could, she was here, within the valley of the lily. She thought of this Eden whenever her mind was astray, when she cried, when she laughed, when she loved. A culmination of her thoughts and emotions. Of all the flowers, the lily of the valley was the most beautiful and like the lily, this girl was no different.

A day not known, the sky ran red as if the sun had been torn asunder and bathed the blue in it's crimson blood. The black smog and ashes shrouded the sky and became commonplace amongst the clouds. The rivers that were once clear ran red with taint and death. The girl returned once more to her valley. She came to her lily of the valley, to retrieve it, so it may live to bathe in the light. The girl was not alone. A group of animals had come. They gripped the rock of the earth that had once been as hot as flame itself. What was seen of them was little, their skin sank into the crevasses of their rock shells. Eyes red, rotten teeth bared, and weapons reaching for the sky... They stole the girl of all her remaining possessions, the gift valued most by all young girls, her life, and the lily of the valley. The monsters laughed and chuckled to themselves. As time passed by, the more inhumane they seemed and the beasts opened their maws and let out sounds no humans had heard before. From the girls heart, a lily burst. Vines engulfed her body and she slowly faded into the ground, eaten by the earth. The beasts tried to lift their legs to find them entangled in vine and brambles. They struggled and only more vines wrapped around them. The girl emerged from the ground in costume of flower and vine. She rubbed the palm of her hand against one of the men. He gazed in disbelief and quickly, a loud crack rang in the air. A chorus of these sounds were soon to follow and red showered the valley. The lily of the valley dead, a new lily born. The Lily left the crimson world in her emerald garments. May had passed... The sun set and the smoke settled. The valley faded into it's dead land and soil, the lily of the valley now gone, the lily stripped of it's flowers, it's beauty. This dead valley... This dead girl...
Innate: - Target
Sow the Seeds
  • Plants a seed at the target area. If nothing has been done to the seed after X seconds, it uproots and cripples nearby units for 3 seconds. Maximum of Y seconds.
Level 1 Skill: - Target AoE
Brambles
  • Causes the target seed to rapidly grow into an area if brambles and thorns for X seconds with an AoE range of 500. All units that enter the area have bleed and cripple extended on them for 3 seconds. Lasts 12 seconds. If a burning unit enters a Brambles area, it is set on fire causing all units that enter the fiery brambles to suffer Y magickal dps.
Level 1 Skill: - Activated Passive
Multiply
  • While active, all foes that die under the effect of a condition produce a seed that turns into a treant upon uprooting and fading.

Treants entangle nearby foes upon death for X seconds.
Level 1 Skill: - Target AoE
Seed Bomb
  • After X seconds, the target seed explodes dealing Y magickal damage and extending burn on the affected foes for 3 seconds. Can also target Treants but causes them to permanently burn until death. While burning they extend burn on nearby foes each second.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Aura
Reap
  • All foes near seeds take X extra magickal damage every Y seconds per condition the unit has. Aura AoE of 600. Seeds that uproot and fade under the effects of Reap heal all nearby allies for 20 health.
Last edited by Intoxicated Crayon on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Scarlet
Global Moderator

Re: Lilith, The Black Bloom

Post by Scarlet » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:03 am

Um... Okay, just to be clear on this: When you say "entangle", are you just using the word in place of stun, or do you actually mean the entangle gotten from melee's Entangling Roots spell? I'm only asking because the aura takes into account stunned units but makes no mention of entangled ones.

Anyhow, having asked that, I think you should change a few things around. The first spell, for one, seems counter-productive with itself. It entangles *and* cripples? I get that it's meant for synergy between it and the aura, but doing both just seems iffy. You should get rid of the bleed and cripple, give it some damage - this poor guy has no nukes whatsoever, and as an intelligence hero (I'm assuming intelligence as a main statistic would mean low agility and strength overall, making him a poor melee fighter) that's bad news.

Another thing: The aura could use a change, or some sort of buff. Either ditch the cap (they're called "conditions" for more than one reason -- they're conditional! Don't be afraid to go crazy with 'em.) or change what it does entirely, to something like...

Level 1 Skill:
Reap
Ability Type: Conditional Damage Aura
Any enemies in range take X (think 60 first level, 180 maxed out) damage per second they are entangled (stunned?).

This way, he actually has a way to deal damage on his own with his spells! As is he's way too dependent on his allies. Just needta adjust a couple of things here and there, maybe change Crimson Garden to entangle and/or stun every few seconds, whilst at the same time changing it to a channeling spell so it's not just a click-and-forget.

Oh, and make the ultimate a little more deserving of its status... Not sure how you'd go about that, though, short of changing the skill entirely. It just seems very weak as of now.

Well, hope some of this helped... I don't usually post in hero suggestions, but your aura caught my eye. Good luck with your hero!

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks Scarlet!

Reap seems like a pretty legitimate replacement for the aura so I'll see how the channel likes it. I'll try my best to fix up the ultimate and by entangle, it is like a life siphon. It has a leash and deals dps. It cripples them so it takes longer for the unit to get out of reach and break the leash.

I'll see what I can do to make this hero betttter.

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:05 am

Thought I might as well remake the hero. So I did.

Thanks to Scarlet for suggesting that skill idea so long ago, built a hero around summoning since it could work well with a seed innate.

Thoughts?

Lilith
The Black Bloom
Intelligence; Bane of Eternity

Story - The hallowed soldier gasped for air, his allies gazed in disbelief. A vine that had burst from the dune was strangling him, they struck at it and it fled into the sand. The soldier fell on his knees, feeling at his red neck and thanking the gods for his life. After the small unit had regained their bravery they continued on and began to hear the cries of a woman. "Why...Why do you not love me...?" A black burst from the sand the men readied their shields and the bloom revealed itself. A woman adorned in brambles and blood. "Where... has my groom gone...? My bouquet..." She continued to weep her red tears and in the places where the drops fell, spots of brambles and weeds took root. The men stood in awe, mesmerized by beauty, disgust, and fear. She extended forth, long thorny appendages keeping her in the air, "Does...does my hair look good...? Will...Will... My love like it? W-where is he...?" Her giant flower continued to reveal smaller blue and blacks flowers. A soldier then dove at the bloom and sliced off a flower, the woman, quickly turned and let loose a horrific scream. Her flower took the shade of crimson and her bloody tears ceased to leave her eyes. A thicket of red vines and thorns entangled the man, and the woman caressed the fallen flower. "My...my... Lily... What will--" Her mindless minions continued to strike and tear at the soldiers and the women continued to cry over her flower. The call her the Lilith, the utterly beautiful black bloom. Stories and myths are tossed around that she was once a living woman who was mesmerizing too. On her wedding day, she spent her hours preparing, asking her bridesmaids and such if her groom would like it. Hours before the ceremony, the groom buried her alive under her rose garden and ran off. She now roams on the side of the Bane preparing for her wedding that was to be...

Level 1 Skill: - Condition and DPS
Love Hurts
  • Lilith's vines caress her target, entangling them causing them to bleed while entangled and be crippled for X seconds. The vines hold onto the victim for Y seconds or until they victim is not within Z of Lilith.
Level 1 Skill: - Target AoE Effect
Crimson Garden
  • Lilith engrosses an area in vines and brambles. All units who enter bleed for 2 seconds and are crippled for 1 second every second the remain in the area. If a unit dies within the brambles, it becomes a Treant.

Treant Skills:

Entangle: Immobilizes the target and the treant, dealing X DPS to the target.

OR

Nature's Wrath: Upon dying, it entangles all units in range or the killing unit. [Whichever seems better]

((
Level 1 Skill: - Aura
Grapes of Wrath
  • All allies in range have X% more damage per each bleeding, crippled, or stunned unit in range to a max of Y%.

OR

Level 1 Skill:
    Reap - [Suggested]
    Ability Type: Conditional Damage Aura
    Any enemies in range take X (think 60 first level, 180 maxed out) damage per second they are entangled (stunned?).))
Level 6 Ultimate: - AoE Effect
Fiery Passion
  • Lilith turns a deep red and explodes with rage, causing all allies and treants in range to being burning but attack faster. Enemies in range are dealt X damage when this spell is cast. All allies affected by this also burn foes upon attack and all bramble ridden areas are set ablaze and burn units within their reach.
Inspired by a previous evil nature hero in the Hero Suggestions. I'm sure parts of the hero I wanted to make I forgot, since I saved this draft a week ago with the story, but the story doesn't really tell me the skills so I had trouble making these skills fit the image I pictured and I hope they are good within your views. Comments?
edit; It's actually quite scary since... I posted this on November 7th of Last year... and remade it on the same day the following year... I didn't even notice the date until just now...

Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Vinnam » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:17 am

Actually, you posted the other on November 8th, by my clock, and the remake on the 7th, though both are on a Saturday.

Other than that, carry on
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:46 pm

I don't know, but something about this hero gave me a headache while reading it. I think it is a mix of the innate being too close to Janise', the idea of "fiery brambles," and the mention of some "entangle" effect that isn't described anywhere.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Suggestions”