Zarix, Twlight Guardian

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Zarix, Twlight Guardian

Post by LightburneR » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:50 am

Zarix
Twlight Guardian

The Hallowed Order; Aglilty

------

The sky was split.

On one side, the moon bathed those below in it's silver rays. The shadows pulsed in the dark light.

The other. Gold rays, cutting the air with radiance, bounced off her left eye.

Her right, was in eternal strife, in darkness and evil. Yet, it represented nobility, a sad beginning, the strength to go on.

The left, was his glimmer, in purity and for good. It was for peace, the happy present. And the hope.

... ... Her eyes, shone. It was light, but it was, at the same time, darkness. The shadows danced, backs to the light, smiling their elusive smiles. Then gone again.

Her pupils, were the midnight orchids. But they were bathed in the glow. Of night. They would lull one to sleep. To tell the tales, of bravery and the darkest of lies.

Hope for a new dawn.
The dusk behind it.
And what's in between.

Twlight.

------

Level 1 Skill:
Twlight Circle
(Active)
Mass Illusion Creation and Area Damage
  • Zarix generates up to 15 clones of herself in the shape of a circle over X seconds. After all 15 clones have been created, Zarix and her clones each deal Y damage and extend Blind for Z seconds in the area.
X decreases with level.
Y increases with level.

*Note: The clones would last just long enough for the first to deal damage, which is to say, a minimum duration of X seconds.
**Note: The spell picks all clones and replicas (see lv6 spell) to deal damage.

Level 1 Skill:
Twlight Flash
(Active)
Area Blind and Invisiblity
  • Blinds all nearby enemies within X AoE for Y seconds and turns Zarix invisible for Z seconds. If Zarix breaks invisiblity while attacking a Blinded enemy, she will deal A additional damage.
Y increases with level.
Z increases with level.
A increases with level. (Unsure)

*Note: This is a somewhat copied version of Windwalk, yes I do realize that, but it does suit her.

Level 1 Skill:
Mirrored Paths
(Passive)
Order Triggered Illusion Creation
  • Whenever Zarix is issued an order to a point, she will create an illusion of herself that lasts for X seconds, moving in the exact opposite direction.
Cooldown decreases with level.

Level 6 Skill:
Split Personalities
(Active)
Illusion Replacement
  • Zarix splits her soul into each of her illusions, empowering them and replacing them with minor replicas of herself for X seconds. She will then be able to reform at the end of this spell if any of her replicas survive.
X increases with level.

*Note: X is low, Cooldown is low.
**Note: This works like Storm, Earth, Fire (Pandaren Split)

Final Note: Yay Illusions!
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Zarix, Twlight Guardian

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:45 pm

I won't comment on the hero but excellent story.

:D

Edit:

First Skill: Cool overall but may cause people who are new to DoE to cry about spawning clones and not being able to do any damage with them.

Second Skill: It's windwalk like you said. Not Much else.

Third Skill: Pretty cool, is capable of confusing a foe. Tricking them into thinking you're chasing them or running whatever suits your uses.

Ultimate: Seems very reliant on the first skill, that is, if the skill produces it's own clones it would barely be legit. Lets say no safety is added to the skill and a person casts it with no clones and they vanish. The person complains and leaves.
I recommend that the ultimate produces some clones itself and the clones maybe might have a way to produce more clones?

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Overall: Lacks synergy if my experiences have taught me well. The windwalk is the only skill that benefits from a condition and I understand that any unit can benefit from a foe being blinded but additional damage doesn't seem worthy to be deemed a skill. The first skill applies blind also if I'm correct and the rest of the skills like the ultimate might have signs of forced synergy and the passive is a pretty cool idea with dozens of uses.

Note: Perhaps the ultimate can give all the clones the passive skill for mass confusion? : D
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Re: Zarix, Twlight Guardian

Post by LightburneR » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:00 am

Well, I always have problems with Ultimates...... I can never seem to think of a good one.

About the first skill, the clones do attack, however, they're probably going to be weak. Which is to say they are really really weak.

I had another idea for the ultimate tho... and now that I think about it, the current ultimate deserves to be a normal skill...

Regardless I'll put more thought into it first.

Twlight Being (Toggleable Passive)

*Note: This skill has two sides, and clicking on it will transit it from one side to the other.
  • Dark Being: Zarix and her clones turns invisible for Y seconds whenever she attacks a Blinded target. Click to switch to Light Being.
    Light Being: Zarix and her clones creates an illusion of herself whenever she strikes a Blinded target lasting for X seconds. Click to switch to Dark Being
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Return to “Hero Suggestions”