Geodus, Son of the Mountain

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Geodus, Son of the Mountain

Post by TheDeathstalker » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:20 am

Well, the ult was originally a long activated invulnerability, so I just took that concept and tweaked it to something more workable. Yes, it's similar to Dag's but technically Crusher is similar to Glyphe's storm bolt just with ruin instead of cripple. I think the Ultimate works fairly well because it achieves a similar defensive effect as Dag's passive, but in a completely different way. Dag's passive makes him more and more unstoppable as you condition him, so you know that if he's got 5 conditions on him, there's really no point in attacking him. Meanwhile this ult keeps him a valid target because he's fluttering between vulnerable and invulnerable so often. Again, similar effect, they're both damn hard to kill, but an incredibly different outcome.

As to Crusher, the visual effect could be nearly anything... I don't think "summoning" is quite the right word, but would it be so implausible to have him pull one out of the ground? Yes it's a desert, but there are rocks around, the effect could simply be a stomp with the boulder popping out of the ground.

Saber, I think you misunderstood my point with Form of the Mountain, or at least have it written differently. The effect I meant was firing a shockwave back towards whoever hit him, but i think what's written here is more of a stomp every time he gets hit. The idea for the shockwave is that it adds some threat to ranged units while also crushing any melee units between the ranged unit and Geodus.

We still need a new idea for Intimidate, don't we?
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:20 am

Not a fan of the ultimate (i dont like invulnerability as a mechanic) but i really, really like "Form of the Mountain" though it should be called "Echo of the Mountain", at least, something with echos or avelanches would be a whole lot more fitting.

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:29 pm

TheDeathstalker wrote:Well, the ult was originally a long activated invulnerability, so I just took that concept and tweaked it to something more workable. Yes, it's similar to Dag's but technically Crusher is similar to Glyphe's storm bolt just with ruin instead of cripple. I think the Ultimate works fairly well because it achieves a similar defensive effect as Dag's passive, but in a completely different way. Dag's passive makes him more and more unstoppable as you condition him, so you know that if he's got 5 conditions on him, there's really no point in attacking him. Meanwhile this ult keeps him a valid target because he's fluttering between vulnerable and invulnerable so often. Again, similar effect, they're both damn hard to kill, but an incredibly different outcome.

As to Crusher, the visual effect could be nearly anything... I don't think "summoning" is quite the right word, but would it be so implausible to have him pull one out of the ground? Yes it's a desert, but there are rocks around, the effect could simply be a stomp with the boulder popping out of the ground.

Saber, I think you misunderstood my point with Form of the Mountain, or at least have it written differently. The effect I meant was firing a shockwave back towards whoever hit him, but i think what's written here is more of a stomp every time he gets hit. The idea for the shockwave is that it adds some threat to ranged units while also crushing any melee units between the ranged unit and Geodus.

We still need a new idea for Intimidate, don't we?
--I really liked the idea of a quick invulnerability pump. Though it was pointed out 21 seconds (7 conditions w/o mute x 3 seconds per cond. at max level) would be too long. (Of course this assumes you'll have all 7 conditions on you, most of time you won't) But even 12 seconds (4 conditions at max, lets say) is a long time to absorb all the pain. I can't think of another way to dumb it down besides passifying it as Death suggested.

--I guess the whole "from the ground" idea works, but the original idea was[/b] that a boulder would just fall down, out of thin air on the enemy.

--Yea, I realize now you meant different than what I have, but I think for now it's fine. It gets the job done and I don't know if I like the idea of a lot of shockwaves shooting all over the place.

Return to “Hero Suggestions”