Karaia, the Pagan

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Meliarune
Champion Noobite

Karaia, the Pagan

Post by Meliarune » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:40 am

Karaia
Pagan
Intellect-based.

Level 1 Skill:
Brambles
Ground, AoE Indicator

Carpets a large area in solid, thorny brambles. Cripples enemies within for 2 seconds every 3 seconds, extends Bleed by 4 seconds for each condition they suffer from.
Each point increases the chance that a Wicked Treant will raise from the brambles every few seconds.
Wicked Treants have low life, heavy armor, decent Normal damage, a fast melee attack, very fast movement speed, and Thornshield. Stats increase slightly per point. Treants last until death.
Lasts X seconds, longer per ability point.

Note: Thornshield passively causes enemy melee units who attack the Wicked Treants to be Maimed for 1 second.

Level 1 Skill:
Fetid Mist
Ground, AoE Indicator

Conjures a toxic cloud in a medium area. Causes X damage per second and extends Mute by 1 second. Short cooldown.

Level 1 Skill:
-

Level 6 Ultimate:
Ghostfire
Ground, AoE Indicator

Causes spectral flames to crawl from the selected point towards Karaia. Burns units caught in the wake for X seconds.
Brambles and Wicked Treants may be set aflame if the fire passes through, causing enemies within to take 40 damage per second and granting Treants a minor Immolation, dealing 10 aoe damage per second.
Fetid Mist will detonate violently if the fire passes through, causing X (high) area damage and Knocking Down enemies for 2 seconds.

Note: Ghostfire acts much like Zhall's Fissure. No matter where this spell is cast, the fire will initially move towards Karaia. (They came from... Behind!)

Currently at a loss for her third ability, suggestions are welcome.
Last edited by Meliarune on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: Karaia, the Pagan

Post by SetaSoujirou » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:45 am

With the current combo between the first skill and his ultimate, I wouldn't see much of a reason to get his 2nd and 3rd. So you may want to make it benefit every skill.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

andriejj
Keeper of the Keys

Post by andriejj » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:40 pm

So you just cast all 3 at one area. That's not cool.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:12 pm

The current ultimate is reliant completely on her 1st ability, so far as I can tell. This isn't good; forced synergy is always a bad thing.

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:17 am

I'm all for a character that is based upon bad things happening when you enter AoEs. Give the first two skills two different AoE DoT-ish moves where the one placed second will nullify the other, a third move that interacts with those two and the ulti, and an ulti that 'activates' the two AoE moves in different ways, and it sounds just fine.

Like, example:

Level 6 Ultimate- Scorched Ground
  • Begins a fire at target point, that steadily grows. When it runs into brambles, they burn fiercer, dealing X more dps.
    If it runs into a gas, it detonates the gas, causing Y damage and Knockback for all foes inside of the gas.
    Normally, causes Burn and slight damage per second. Foes entering Scorched Ground cause Burn to follow them when they leave.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:45 am

A suggestion for the third skill:

Growing Shriek (Channeling)

Karaia sings a song for her plants. Increases the Area of Effect of Brambles and Fetid Mist by x every second this is channeled and Cripples and/or Maims (Maybe Mute, but that would be crazy) enemies in the Area of Effect by y seconds.

Eh, I'm not too sure if it'll work, but it's the best I could come up with =/
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Return to “Hero Suggestions”