Gram Rodinge, The (Crimson) Revolver

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Gram Rodinge, The (Crimson) Revolver

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:48 pm

Gram Rodinge
The (Crimson) Revolver
Str; Hallowed. (Rifleman model. Any skin would fit, But I made one for him, but I dunno)

Story: "The Baneites trudged on under the sun in the blazing dunes of Exile. Their slate skin glistened in the crisp, humid, afternoon... More death for some but not for others... The Baneites were engrossed in an explosion of sand accompanied by shards of metal and rock, piercing the flesh of the battalion. When the sandy cloud cleared, a lone man stood, rifle cocked and ready to fire. On Baneite looked up towards him and 6 shots brought him back to the ground. The Baneites were astonished by his skill and his ability to use a rifle. The man chuckled to himself, loaded his rifle, gripped a fine cigar and lit it. He raised his gun, 'Now, WHO WANTS SOME!?' "

Level 1 Skill: - Channeled Fire
Rapid Fire
  • Gram stands still to prepare his gun for a rapid fire shot. Each X second he channels, he fires 1 more time until he reaches a max of Y. Otherwise, he channels until he moves(or the target, whichever is better). Once the channel is broken, he delivers the number of accumalated attacks that deal Z% of his normal damage and induce bleeding for 3 seconds.

Additional Effect: # of times he fires x X, and he is pushed back by that distance or the foe too?
Level 1 Skill: - Autocast
Fragile Rounds/ Exploding Shells
  • Gram harnesses the very little magic he knows to cause his bullets to disperse upon collision into a shower of shrapnel. Whenever he attacks with this attack, his attacks extend bleed by X and gain a small AoE. Passively increases damage by Y. Additional Effect: If it's too useless, it can be used with Rapid Fire.
Level 1 Skill: Trap or Passive
Fire Pit or Headshot
  • Gram lays a trap with chemicals that combust upon contact with blood or when force is applied to the trigger. When a target traverses over the trap, it explodes and deals X damage and burns bleeding foes./Gram has amazing expertise with a gun and has a passive chance to get headshots or at shoot severe areas. He has an X% to critical and cripple bleeding foes.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Passive or Active Passive
Combust/Burst
  • Gram pulls out his 'big gun' causing his attacks to have a X% to disperse in a cone and deal Y% of his damage(If it's passive). If it's an active passive, each attack pushes him back slightly but disperse in a cone and deal Y% of his damage. This skill takes effect when he uses Rapid Fire!!! : D
WHO WANTZ TO COMMENT!?!

Just playing, I had this rifleman hero similar to my samurai idea of sorts, but a samurai has no chance apparently because of Jazz and Rikter. The Third skill is definitely a filler because I couldn't generate another skill that fit well because I forgot the original one... The ultimate was originally going to Be Headshot if I didn't think of something better. Combust/Burst works great as a combo with Rapid Fire and so does Fragile Rounds/ Exploding Shells. And Combust/Burst with Fragile Rounds/ Exploding Shells with Rapid Fire would be so insane... I are shoot 7 cones that explodezorz at u!

Hopefully, this will be a most fitting hero?
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Re: Gram Rodinge, The (Crimson) Revolver

Post by SetaSoujirou » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:25 am

It just seemed to be a hero made up of Magoichi and Solana-ish skills. I believe knock backs are a no-no for DoE as well.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:05 am

It's not that they're a no-no, they just don't need to exist and have yet to be given a necessary niche. There's also too much on-attack stuff here and has only forced condition synergy/applications.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:57 am

I dislike the fact that I cannot find any synergies between the skills, so perhaps you could explain them?

By my impression, this hero seems to be made of up of a random assortment of skills that focuses him on Crowd Control and harressment.

I highly dis-like the fact that FireTrap must have Fragile Rounds/Exploding Shells to FIRST Bleed the target before it can be Burned. I'm sorry for saying this but that is horrible synergy. It definately needs to be improved on.

Fragile Rounds/Exploding Shells seems to be more of a random skill that adds nothing but a charactor-tailored Bleed extention and Area Damage without helping the other aspects of the hero. This also holds true for Combust/Burst and Rapid Fire.

Each of the skills are forced to work with the other and (let me use a metaphor) that is much like clogging up the entire mechanism behind this hero.

I can see some form of design behind this hero, but it isn't enough to imagine how this hero would feel and play like in a game of the current version of DoE.

At best I would use Fragile Rounds to lure someone into a FireTrap, or play with Combust/Burst and Rapid Fire. Each of the skills only work with one of his other skills and in a very specific and narrow way. That should be improved upon.

I know I'm really direct, and I know I can be very blunt but that is really the way I feel about this hero. I can feel a bit of his character, but it's not there because the skills aren't good for play at the moment.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Return to “Hero Suggestions”