Corvus, Raven Host

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Re: Corvus, Raven Host

Post by VZManticoran » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:00 am

Why not just give the ravens an immolationy thingy that causes them to deal damage and extend bleed, that way it stacks per Raven?
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:41 pm

Updated. I think the ultimate opens up for a lot of really nice tricks. And now, swarm management will be required to use every skills in whole potential. Or you could level the passive first and focus on having more birds. Ah this feels pretty good

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:38 pm

Meh.... I don't like how you have 2 skills that simply assign ravens to an enemy/ally, and then 2 mostly-passive skills. Neither of the passive skills seem like they'd be that fun to use, although they would be useful. I like the fast-cast low-dmg DoT skill idea on the first one. Second skill seems like it doesn't really fit. Merge the first half of the ultimate with the passive, too, and just make the ultimate... I have no idea, but it seems like it just wouldn't work very well..
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:04 am

It's important how a hero plays and all, but I think you're losing sight of how a hero feels. AotZ' success basically hinges on the fact that its heroes all feel right, regardless of what they do or how flashy they are. DoE runs into the dilemma that a few of the heroes don't feel at all, particularly because of how global the condition system is. (This is a sacrifice I willingly made in DoE's development) Tradeoffs? Yeah, tons, but you can't totally sacrifice one for the other, this hero needs to feel more real.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:48 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:It's important how a hero plays and all, but I think you're losing sight of how a hero feels. AotZ' success basically hinges on the fact that its heroes all feel right, regardless of what they do or how flashy they are. DoE runs into the dilemma that a few of the heroes don't feel at all, particularly because of how global the condition system is. (This is a sacrifice I willingly made in DoE's development) Tradeoffs? Yeah, tons, but you can't totally sacrifice one for the other, this hero needs to feel more real.
I'm not certain to get what you mean, could you give a precise example from doe or aotz?

T.s.e-kun
Noobite Warrior

Post by T.s.e-kun » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:08 pm

Myriad from AotZ. He's a swarm hero, which has to utillise his swarm to be effective at all.
¡Yo voy a hacer picadillo!

Co0kieL0rd
Champion Noobite

Post by Co0kieL0rd » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:49 am

I think, Dusk wants to say, that your hero should have more recognition value. The player who controls him should feel associated a bit to his hero the more he learns to use him and have consequent joy to reuse his spells without getting bored of onesided effects. (That hasn't to mean that Corvus is onesided; I rather would like to play him eventually.)
Another point to care about is the cooperativeness of your hero and how other players in your team react when you appear at their side. He should be an acceptable aid for his allies as well as a worthy but not disturbing opponent to his foes.
'Mind over Matter. My mind over your matter!'
'Bodies never seem to survive the impact. - Duly noted.'
'Do tell me - Is it hard to walk in midair?'

'KILL! MAIM! BURN!'
'Blood for the Blood God!'

'Defeat... is NOT an option!'
'COWARDS'

'Tch, headshot!'
'Big, strong and handsome? What else do you want?'

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:59 am

Oxygen wrote:I'm not certain to get what you mean, could you give a precise example from doe or aotz?
Sorry, I must've missed this.

In AotZ, every hero is a practical example. I scream Khornate war cries when playing Kharn, I make the hand motions of uncaring when Greel uses atrophy, etc. I get into the character, not just the hero. This hero has no character, it's just a hero. Granted DoE is more about heroes and somewhat less about characters, the heroes in DoE still have strong personalities.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:29 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:
Oxygen wrote:I'm not certain to get what you mean, could you give a precise example from doe or aotz?
Sorry, I must've missed this.

In AotZ, every hero is a practical example. I scream Khornate war cries when playing Kharn, I make the hand motions of uncaring when Greel uses atrophy, etc. I get into the character, not just the hero. This hero has no character, it's just a hero. Granted DoE is more about heroes and somewhat less about characters, the heroes in DoE still have strong personalities.
Np, patience is a virtue. I see what you mean, and I'll work on that too, as well as redo all the skills again.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:53 pm

You just need to take the theme, give it an attitude, and drive it home. Even without a story, clever skill naming, clever skill design, and clever hero names/titles will yield a character and not just a hero.

assassingao
Teh UBER Typist

Post by assassingao » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:36 am

Cheer up.

You might actually ask if this pic is related to the thread or not.

Guess on, I don't care.

You'll know it when I'm telling XD.

Is this ok, Oxy?

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:34 pm

Perfect. I'll totally re-revamp the hero, with a whole new style and stuff, but I think there'll still be a spell related to crows

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:47 pm

Wouldn't make sense if he was called The Raven Host and had frogs flying out of his ass, would it?

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:28 am

Hell_Tempest wrote:Wouldn't make sense if he was called The Raven Host and had frogs flying out of his ass, would it?
If a dumbass 14 year old can realize, then certainly can I. Thanks for caring

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:17 pm

Ummm...that wasn't meant as an insult...

Return to “Hero Suggestions”