Seldin, The Maverick

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
AnemicRoyalty
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Seldin, The Maverick

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:08 am

Seldin
The Maverick
Intelligence; either.

The flip of a coin, the throw of a die, all the world was chance. No, not chance, but simply... luck.
He knew, she had always watched over him... until now. Times had been harsh for him lately, his
expensive clothing encrusted with the desert sands. He squinted into the distance, the scorching
sun beating down upon his face, it seemed his luck had changed. Two great armies fought over
this desolate piece of earth.. a battle to end all battles, and the stakes were the entire world!
He had chosen a side, the die had been cast. As he relieved the last scattered corpses of their
valuables he grinned.

Sometimes you had to make your own luck.

Innate:
Luck
  • Every 10 seconds, changes randomly to a number between 0 and 100 (in intervals of 10)*. Each successful attack or ability hit causes Luck to increase by 10.
Level 1 Skill:
High Card
  • Deals X damage to an enemy with varying chance to hit directly based on current Luck. Prolongs existing conditions on the caster and target for Y seconds.
Level 1 Skill:
Wild Card
  • Randomises Luck, but inflicts the caster with a random condition for X seconds. Y second cooldown.
Level 1 Skill:
Straight Flush
  • Deals damage equal to (current luck)x No. of conditions on the caster to all nearby enemies, then sets current luck to X (Low).
Level 6 Ultimate:
Lady Luck
  • Summons Lady Luck to watch over the Maverick, setting Luck to 100 (possibly higher) whilever she lives. If she is killed, Luck drops to 0 for the remaining duration she would have been summoned. Lasts X seconds.
*Represented by a PASBTN number graphic in innate ability position.

Thoughts anyone? :D

Akruta
Champion Noobite

Re: Seldin, The Maverick

Post by Akruta » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:00 pm

Sounds Interesting and weird to play as.

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:52 pm

wow, thats a rediculously complicated way to adapt luck to a character.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:35 pm

Luck based heroes are iffy in their own right because of how your own luck matters more than your competence with the hero. If I were ever going to make one, though, it'd totally have to be a chick and her title would be Lady Luck. It doesn't get better than that.

The innate is sketchy, it would probably be more valuable if the whole innate were hacked off and every skill was reliable in its own right, but got better based on how lucky you were. That's virtually the only way to do "luck" without killing player interaction.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:40 pm

Imo give him 1% chance to do 4000% damage. Its balanced cuz 10% chance to do 400% is fine

Heroes such as Rikter are fine because they can fare well without luck, even though there are cases where they might rely on it. But a hero with 4 spells based entierely on luck? I don't know

AnemicRoyalty
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by AnemicRoyalty » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:41 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:If I were ever going to make one, though, it'd totally have to be a chick and her title would be Lady Luck. It doesn't get better than that.
Dude, that's pretty awesome.
Her skills would be named Ace of Spades, Queen of Hearts, Diamonds are Forever and Fight Club xD

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:25 pm

Diamonds are Forever, hahaha, shit yeah! And the ultimate's name? Pure genius, but it would be a level 1 skill. The first two are a bit too similar though. I'd go with something easy for the first one, like say... Snake Eyes.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Return to “Hero Suggestions”