Azai, Samurai

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Azai, Samurai

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:29 am

Azai
Samurai
Str or Agi; Hallowed

Story: "Armed with one of the finest blades, The Samurai has been known to kill his foes in a split second and even the blink of an eye."

Level 1 Skill: - Attack Preparation
Unseen Blade/Murasame
  • Once cast, Azai deals X more attacks to his next target. The target bleeds 1 second for each attack that they suffer. (X = Y + Z/ Y = Fixed Amount, Z = Number of Conditions on Azai)
Level 1 Skill: - Activated Passive
Soul Stealer/Ashura
  • Once Activated, Azai's attacks deal X% damage for each condition a unit he attacks is suffering from. Boosts Azai's attack Y when active and inactive and all of his attacks made with this active transfers one condition from the target to Azai for Z% of it's duration.
Level 1 Skill: - Passive
Fear Me/Frightening Presence(Or Something Else)
  • Azai has been known to kill foes in a split second which is a very scary thing to think about when around him causing all foes in range to be ruined(or maimed) from fear for X seconds every time Azai kills a foe.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Active AoE and Passive
Finale
  • Azai has prepared a most fitting skill to destroy his enemies. Whenever Azai attacks he builds up a 'Finale Point' to a maximum of X Finale Points. Each Finale Point grants him Y% to deal 2 more attacks to a target. The skill can also be used to make all foes in range suffer (Z x Finale Points) damage and bleed for 5 seconds. Both of these uses drain (all) Finale Points.
A samurai with a tendency to kill? He's fast, scary, etc. Another go at a samurai hero I did a while back.

Hope you all like it. Comments?

[Notes: Unseen Blade innately causes you to deal more attacks, you just deal even more with conditions.]
Last edited by Intoxicated Crayon on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Azai, Samurai

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:41 am

Whenever I think of samurai and DoE, I think of this guy.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:27 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Whenever I think of samurai and DoE, I think of this guy.
or rikter lolz dusky u so dumb xD

VZManticoran
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by VZManticoran » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:31 pm

...Rikter is soooo not a Samurai.
Image Image Image Image Image
--------Eli-------------Ben------------Alex----------Isabelle---------David----

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:16 pm

He uses the Blademaster model and voiceset, similarities end there.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:15 pm

VZManticoran wrote:...Rikter is soooo not a Samurai.
Truth.

Besides, this guy's first skill is a complicated version of Hanz' first skill with added conditions. Really, unless the samurai is driven by conditions, scattering them in his skills won't make the hero that awesome.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Deschain
Diabolical Doomsayer

Post by Deschain » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:50 am

Rising_Dusk wrote:Whenever I think of samurai and DoE, I think of this guy.
It's funny when I think samurai and DoE I think of this guy.
Those who seek war deserve for the war to find them.

Jirinal
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Jirinal » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:20 am

Hmm about his Aura skill, i think you could just replace it with a Passive Ability that will make enemys suffer from these conditions each time he gives an unit a killing blow. Or make it an Buff and when he kills an enemy they will suffer from the given conditions.

Just a suggestion ofcourse i still like the idea with the attacks. But giving a unit an Killing Blow would let them tremble more in fear then just his presence on the Battlefield. Its not like he is a deamon or something like that XD

Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:17 pm

Mhm...

That definitely flows better, and makes more sense, he looks more formal than demonic so that makes a lot more synergy and sense. Thanks for the comment too!
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Jirinal
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Jirinal » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:57 am

Ya no problem, iam much into asian samurai and ronin movies. After seeing one movie i was like, wtf the ronin in Aotz got exact the same skillset XD (well almost)
Ahh yah found the movie, its called Bichunmoo.

And most of the scenes in the movies works like:
Ronin or some kind of warrior agains 4-15 people, one of them goes agains him and will die in a fast manner. Then the rest is shocked and he finish them off.

Also eh, he just gets alot damage from his other attacks so thats probably smoother

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:38 am

*Fiddles with Thumbs* What to do what to do......

The thing that worries me with this char is that he is basically a charge up Finale Points, cast First Skill, wait for it to cool off, attack, cast First Skill and attack once more, hoping for the Finale's passive effect to trigger.

The Damage Bonus from the Second Skill makes it look forced to work with the First, even though I understand it isn't entirely forced, but stacking multiple conditions on yourself so you can work one skill to your advantage doesn't seem good.

There isn't much of a reason to take up the Third Skill since Catapults can inflict such a nice variety of conditions on Creeps for stealing, and it so happens one of them is Ruin.

Another point I must raise is that Finale is a bit "leaky". It looks somewhat like a Hybird of a Critical to prevent you from trying to attack so you can cast it well and at the same time, an awesomely nice skill to click on, but impossible to charge up due to the fact that it may suddenly throw out a Critical and Bam. You're out of Finale Points.

Lastly, this hero is too "attacky". All his synergies come from attacking, although understandable from the Samuari theme, but there isn't any form of "aim" required for this hero. I couldn't see him missing any of his skills, even his ultimate, since it's like War Stomp/Thunder Clap.

Oh and please do work on the story, I really want to read more, you've got a nice intro sentence, you just need to flesh it out a little, it would give him more character.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Return to “Hero Suggestions”