Shalis, the Shadowmelder

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Shalis, the Shadowmelder

Post by Greenspawn » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Shalis
Shadowmelder
Agility; Bane
Model: I was thinking the Satyr model (the purple one)

Disclaimer: Shalis has extremely low health (300-400 at level one, and 700-800 at max level). This scrawny hero will die easily if you don't know what the hell you're doing.

Level 1 Skill:
Critical Strike
  • Causes Shalis's next attack to extend bleed by 2/3/4/5/6 seconds and deal 12/16/20/24/28 bonus damage. If Shalis is suffering from a condition, then this ability becomes a passive ability (i.e. loses it's cooldown). 4 second cooldown. (Passive w/cooldown)
Level 1 Skill:
Tracks of Mist
  • Dashes toward the targeted point, dealing 60/70/80/90/100 damage to all foes in his path. Upon reaching the destination, Shalis is ruined for 10 seconds. (Target Point)
Level 1 Skill:
"Aside by the Darkness"
  • Shalis vanishes for an instant, striking at all nearby enemies for 140/160/180/200/220 damage and crippling them for 2/3/4/5/6 seconds. For each units struck, Shalis becomes invisible for 3 seconds and is muted for 2 seconds. (Active No Target)
Level 6 Ultimate:
Reversal
  • Whenever Shalis receives a condition, it will be negated and replaced with ruin for twice the original duration. Triggers at most every 7/5/3 seconds. Increases movement speed by 15/25/35. (Passive w/cooldown)
Please post critique as to how to improve the hero, what went right and what didn't, and if I failed terribly.

Edit 1: Wrote in health range, model idea, and a disclaimer. *Bump*

~Greenspawn
Last edited by Greenspawn on Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Shalis, the Shadowmelder

Post by Greenspawn » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:23 pm

Disappointing... 20 whole days without a single post.

I requested critique, so please post some.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:11 pm

Don't demand it and people will. A transient bump would have sufficed, and then I might have even felt like commenting myself.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

T.s.e-kun
Noobite Warrior

Post by T.s.e-kun » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:58 pm

Behold, critisism incoming.

Critical Strike:
Neat. Would be a nice combo with Anick. Needs a better name I daresay.

Tracks of Mist:
Exuro meets Parhelios. Synergises nicely with CS.

Aside by the Darkness:
6 second cripple! And the invisibility at the end seems out of place, it feels like you just had to add something to juice it up.

Reversal:
This is pretty nice. The 3 second cooldown makes it useful, yet still not imbalanced. It totally kills Dis though.

All in all, a nicely thought out hero. I want to know what model he should have though :twisted:
¡Yo voy a hacer picadillo!

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:12 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Don't demand it and people will. A transient bump would have sufficed, and then I might have even felt like commenting myself.
But you just did. *bump*
Aside by the Darkness:
6 second cripple! And the invisibility at the end seems out of place, it feels like you just had to add something to juice it up.
First of all, I probably should've said that Shalis has extremely low health (like 300-400 to start with, and maxes out at probably 700-800).

Well, Exuro gets several seconds of all conditions, so it's not terribly out of place.

Before you say invisibility is out of place, look at the conditions he gives himself. Ruin is not good for heroes with low health. The invisibility is unbreakable, meaning that he has a chance to attack/cast spells without being directly targeted. This, working with cripple and Critical Strike, makes it easier to kill enemy units, as they are moving at only half speed.

Also, I believe Reversal is the name of Vela's ultimate, but I'm not sure. Might have to change that.
Critical Strike:
Neat. Would be a nice combo with Anick. Needs a better name I daresay.
A combo that doesn't end well for Shalis. Anick now benefits from bleed (eep!)

Editing to clarify a few things.
Math is # |e^iπ|

erwtenpeller
Revenent of the Replies

Post by erwtenpeller » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:11 pm

I think making a character inherately weak and stacking ruin on that twinker might be a bit much if there isnt a central focus to compensate for this weakness, wich i'm not seeing here. I mean theres a character in DoE that's pretty much irreverably invisible if you're blinded AND can bash your face in with its ultimate while remaining so... Just seems like this guy needs some more to compensate. Like mad evasion (if it does hit you're twinked kinda deal) or a more accessable invisibility. Speed boosts, condition-cleaners, low-cooldown blink move... Something along the lines of that.

OR, just make his attack power go absolutely through the motherfucking roof.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:11 pm

Greenspawn wrote: Also, I believe Reversal is the name of Vela's ultimate, but I'm not sure. Might have to change that.
That would be transversal.
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:40 am

I would have to say, this is one seriously rigged hero.

Instead of looking at all the craptasic skills, look at the combos each pair pulls out. They are totally devastating and absouletly make up for the drastic loss in health.

Critical Strike + Tracks of Mist: You basically get to TP over, deal additional damage per hit and get the oppotunity to bleed the attacked person to death.

Critical Strike + "Aside by the Darkness": The instant OMFGness of this is just too great to deny. A self-mute will not cancel out Critical Strike because it becomes Passive. And you get unbreakable Invisible for each unit you Cripple and Damage. Seriously crazy stuff when used in a lane. I'm thinking you get about 12-15s of unbreakable invis if you pull this off right and the poor bastard whos getting hit isn't going to be doing much about it. He's going to bleed to death and take damage while he's at it.

Tracks of Mist + "Aside by the Darkness": This is an odd combination, I would have to say, but it works excellent for chasing. An invis stacked with Cripple will let you slow down a hero to chase it. Once your mute is gone, it won't last that long, you can use Tracks of Mist to damage the hero AND chase it. This is what will lead to most kills, and this pair of skills will let him be a chaser.

Critical Strike + Reversal: Basically an extended Critical Strike. What more do you want?

Reversal + Tracks of Mist: No combination found.

Reversal + "Aside by the Darkness": You remove mute so you can gain access to Tracks of Mist? Seems pretty good. Plus, you're already being slaughted by a Ruin that will be likely to last more than 10s, effectively letting you dodge the 10s Ruin "penalty", unless I've mis-understood the way conditions work with "extend" and "inflict". Not to forget that this will set-up your character for the Critical Strike + Reversal combination.

Oh and Critical Strike is like the "cliche" of Warcraft 3, I wouldn't mind a name change.
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:04 pm

LightburneR wrote:I would have to say, this is one seriously rigged hero.

Instead of looking at all the craptasic skills, look at the combos each pair pulls out. They are totally devastating and absouletly make up for the drastic loss in health..
What happens when you add ruin to a unit with very little health. You kill it VERY EASILY. Plus, this guy has NO ability to regain health through spells, meaning that you can't take much of a pounding before you're dead.

Oh, and invisibility doesn't mean you can't take damage from spells.
Math is # |e^iπ|

LightburneR
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by LightburneR » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:05 am

Greenspawn wrote:
LightburneR wrote:I would have to say, this is one seriously rigged hero.

Instead of looking at all the craptasic skills, look at the combos each pair pulls out. They are totally devastating and absouletly make up for the drastic loss in health..
What happens when you add ruin to a unit with very little health. You kill it VERY EASILY. Plus, this guy has NO ability to regain health through spells, meaning that you can't take much of a pounding before you're dead.

Oh, and invisibility doesn't mean you can't take damage from spells.
I never said it was rigged enough to warrent nerfing =/.

Well, some characters do not have massively high damage, "War Stompish"-type ablilties, so there is always a chance they will miss. (See Atrius, I think that was his name. I mean the guy who gets Unbreakable Invis when someone nearby is Blind)

Also, I think the concept you intended for this character was for him to do a ton of damage and take just as much.
LightburneR wrote:They are totally devastating and absouletly make up for the drastic loss in health..
Its... its... a NEW SIG!! OMG!!

O_O"

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:40 pm

Also, I think the concept you intended for this character was for him to do a ton of damage and take just as much.
Not really, no. I intended for him to be a hit-and-run character, kind of like Scamp or Kisrung (probably closer to scamp, though), but who used invisibility to be "stealthy". You'll be attacking and bleeding an opponent while invisible, so they can't attack you.
Math is # |e^iπ|

Return to “Hero Suggestions”