Aurelia, Green Mage

If you have a hero to suggest for future versions of DoE, place your suggestion in some readable format in this forum.
Intoxicated Crayon
Keeper of the Keys

Aurelia, Green Mage

Post by Intoxicated Crayon » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:02 am

Aurelia (You could probably change the name since it resembles Aurea's.)
The Green Mage(So?)
Intelligence; Hallowed Order

Story: 'I've been quite interested in magick, it's quite fitting too. My father was quite the mage when I was a child, he never did attend an academy, you know how old farts act when they are jealous... My father taught me the do's and don'ts of magick and I think I haven't kept my word, if you don't know, I was five when I made that promise. People have always mentioned I'm quite the prodigy, but magick is more like a joke to me-- I prefer to amuse myself with magick instead of increasing the work I receive to learn useless techniques I know. I was almost accepted into the academy, but if you know me-- I killed my chances after some actions of mine, to this day I don't regret them. Now I'm getting burnt to a crisp in this Desert with the Empty-On-The-Inside Order, Got anything to say Academy?'

Level 1 Skill: - Condition Removal and Buff
Hex
  • Aurelia purges a target of their conditions however, her next X(X > 4) attacks will inflict a one of the random conditions she purged from the target every time she attacks. If the target has no conditions, Y(Small) damage is dealt. (If the skill is a bit pathetic, the conditions could be place on her too until she attacks X times for some synergy) (Note: Stun/Knockback/Mute cannot be transferred in this manner because they negate it's effect > >)
Level 1 Skill: - Passive
Release/Discharge
  • Every X seconds, Aurelia purges herself of her conditions and releases a bolt of arcane magick that deals Y(Number of Conditions on Aurelia x 25-50) and bounces for each condition that is removed in this matter. Also, if Aurelia is suffering from no conditions, her life and mana regenerate a bit faster.(This probably could be her ultimate/ Each bolt can deal ruin if you'd like, It doesn't really effect synergy)
Level 1 Skill: - DPS and Effect
Recoil
  • Aurelia smothers an ally in unstable energies. When the target is attacked, one of it's conditions are transferred to the attacking unit and the duration of the condition is multiplied by X. This effect lasts for Y seconds or ends after the target has been attacked Z times. If the target has no conditions, it is ruined.
Level 6 Ultimate: - Activated Passive
Vex
  • Aurelia begins to channel her unstable magicks around which drains her mana periodically. Once activated, you deal X extra attacks for each condition the target is suffering. One random condition Aurelia(Or The Target, whichever is best) is suffering from is shortened whenever she attacks with this active. Passively gives her a Y% chance to deal 3 attacks to a target if she is suffering from Z conditions.
Comments? No, Really?
English should not be a prerequisite for intelligence,

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: Aurelia, Green Mage

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:36 am

What exactly is a green mage?
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:10 am

Oh! Oh! I spotted one!

EDIT: This is why you don't let me skin.

Cold Phoenix
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Cold Phoenix » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:21 am

Ohmg are those Treas growing out of his head? so badass he must be a tree hero"
Your move.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:37 am

(Breaking the string of whitty comments out of sheer boredom)

First things first... stop posting heroes with random pretty colors. It hurts my eyes/brain (although my soul is a bit better for such things, but meh). On a more serious note, it actually makes the hero just hard to read. Another formatting comment is that your skills are cluttered. If you look at some of the more elegant (elegant in the scientific way, meaning simple and concise) heroes, you'll see that it's on average one line per skill, if even, but it's all very clear. If you want to clerify something, that's what the comments section is for (not saying whether or not you want comments, as your "Comments? No, Really?" bit seems to imply).

Onto the hero!

Hex - Condition purge
Discharge - Condition purge
Recoil - Condition moving
Vex - DPS

Either the skills aren't clear enough for me to see any non-trivial synergy (yes, of course, moving conditions onto enemies is what ALL skills do, doing it in an interesting way between two+ skills is a synergy), or there isn't any. The ult doesn't fit the theme very well, it just gives the hero a punch, which kinda defeats the whole purpose. Look at the ultimates of other heroes, they augment the rest of the hero, they don't just go "and now i magically deal 10x normal damage." Overall, I think the weakness lies in inelegance. Your hero is designed around moving conditions, so actually design it around that. In and of itself, Hex is fun, Discharge is boring (as a passive, as a skill it's a bit better, but needs work), Recoil feels meh, and I've already gone over the Ult.

To be fair, conceptually you are at a disadvantage, as Tornne is already the perfect plague-bringer, but it can still be done. Oh, one more thing, on all your skills, cut the "if the skill doesn't have the right conditions, X" shit, because it's just clutter to make the hero feel more rounded but not.

And just because it can't be said enough: simplicity and elegance are the ways to a good hero. I think...
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Sabertooth
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Sabertooth » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:49 am

A green mage is really a support mage. There's 4 mage classes in FF:
Black Mage
White Mage
Blue Mage
Green Mage

And get rid of the annoying-as-hell colors. Seriously.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:03 am

I made the hero suggestion format for a reason. Anyways, if a green mage is a 'support mage,' it sounds like an awful boring hero to play as. Not to mention, doesn't exactly look or feel any clever or interesting, just... Generic and bleh.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:04 am

Don't recall Green actually... it's...

Black - Heavy damage
Blue - Monster Skills
Red - Black&White (and debuffs)
White - Healer

Scratch that, a quick Wiki reveals that Green Mage is another name for Time Mages... Still doesn't work though.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:20 am

Just going over the hero's skills, they seem a bit all over the place.

Akruta
Champion Noobite

Post by Akruta » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:08 pm

Well in FF:TA 2 Green Mages Use a bunch of Buff and debuff things... And so do Red Mages... But mot as many as the Green Mage.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:32 pm

Great, so in DoE they would... Use conditions? Does that mean the bane is saving trees?

Vinnam
Wielder of the Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Post by Vinnam » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:30 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:Great, so in DoE they would... Use conditions? Does that mean the bane is saving trees?
Of course! It all makes sense now! I knew those tree-huggers weren't up to no good!

Hex has some potential,though it seems a bit too convoluted in its present incarnation.

Release/Discharge has some potential, again, though it also seems a bit too convoluted in its present state.

Recoil has potential to be a "bait and switch" maneuver, if you can somehow get the target afflicted with a condition of your choice.

Vex seems a bit under-powered and a bit limiting, since some heros RELY on durations staying longer on them.
Trainer: Brendan Creed
ImageImageImage
Lineup: Noir & Batista

Return to “Hero Suggestions”