Jazz, Swordsman of the Sightless Eye

This is where the best of the best hero suggestions get placed for respect. They might not have made it into DoE for one reason or another, but damned these suggestions were good. Maybe they could work for other maps, that's why they are here for reference. Check them all out!
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Jazz, Swordsman of the Sightless Eye

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:51 pm

Jazz
Swordsman of the Sightless Eye
Agility; Order.

Level 1 Skill:
Turn a Blind Eye
  • Preparation. Your next attack deals X bonus damage and inflicts bleed for 10 seconds. Extends blind on Jazz for 6 seconds. (No cooldown)
Level 1 Skill:
Blinding Speed
  • Activatable Instant. you are blinded for 12 seconds, move X% faster, but are immune to other conditions.
    Lasts 12 seconds. (18s cooldown)
Level 1 Skill:
The Sightless Unseen
  • Passive. Adds X agility, Jazz is unbreakably invisible as long as he is blinded for more than Y seconds.
Level 6 Ultimate:
Sight Beyond Sight
  • Target Unit Blink Strike. This attack deals X damage to the struck unit for each second of blind you are suffering from. Removes blind from Jazz.
Don't buy the Optic Amulet on this dude. :p
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Phox
Letter Linguist

Re: Jazz, Swordsman of the Sightless Eye

Post by Phox » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:12 pm

I assume that the ult would have a fairly short cooldown. He seems pretty cool. My only concern is that there are already a lot of heroes that enjoy having conditions, although I suppose that it's not that big of a deal if only blind helps him.

Seems like a fight between him and Atrius just wouldn't work, though.

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:19 pm

Remplacing tristan? because they look alot alike, blink strike, invisiblity, etc.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:25 pm

Huh? God no would I replace Tristan.
Phox wrote: Seems like a fight between him and Atrius just wouldn't work, though.
And yeah Phox, a fight between him and Atrius would be kind of funny. xD

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:33 pm

"I'm gonna blind that guy so I can be invisible and whack at him in safety. OH WAIT–"

The problem there, though, is that he has no way to reveal Atrius, whereas Atrius can buy an Optic Amulet.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:34 pm

As I was saying with Sent and Oxy, he feels like a mix between Sozen, Atrius, and Tristan to me. Sozen because with all of his Lv1 skills together it feels like a imba-shit Mirage with a twist, Atrius for the passive obviously, and Tristan with the whole blink strikey-ness. I rather like the feel of the hero though, because blind both helps and hinders him, but seems to help much better than it hinders. He doesn't seem like a constant attacker unless there are no heroes around and he's just attacking/invisible attacking. Then preps up some imbashit, and rushes at a hero, maybe hitting with a prep shot, or just going straight into a blink strike.

The only problem that I saw would be his first skill :D. Spam it til you've got a 5 minute blind on yourself then rush to find an enemy hero and blink strike their ass. 'course I'm sure you wouldn't be able to keep casting prep til it was off of you.

EDIT: He also only can rely on himself to do anything. Allies can't blind him, smart enemies wont blind him, so he's a bit stuck with the role he plays on a team. Seems like a loner.
Last edited by Pigger on Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:37 pm

I'd probably give it a 4 second cooldown in that regard to remove the total overall gain of blind from it. I had considered what you are saying too. The idea for extension was that it could be used with the second skill for an 18s blind and then rush the enemy hero for a mad pop, then having the rest of the second skill without blind for chasing him if he lived. Legitimately, that same effect can be achieved without a 0s cooldown on the first skill.

And the second skill mechanically is very different than Atrius'. It relies on him being blind, not his enemies.

Bregan
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Bregan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:43 pm

[edit]after 5 minutes of mulling it over, i've decided to repeal my statement. sorry for posting it.

also, great synergy. just keep his hp to a reasonable low so then it becomes up to the player to decide when to chase and when to run.

also, what model? admiral?
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Bregan wrote:also, what model? admiral?
I'd imagine admiral or grom.

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:38 pm

Samurai.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:52 pm

I hadn't really thought about a model, I just posted it because I was in love with the way the hero would play.

polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by polishgangsta » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:06 pm

not really my kind of hero, but i guess that's just opinion.

I really don't like the blink strike on the ult
1. too simple to use.
2. i hate nukes that have 100% chance of hitting. maybe not a good point but, does DoE really need more of those (especially since Tristan already has a blink strike....)
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:20 pm

Interesting. It kinda sucks that the ultimate removes blind (which is Jazz's invisibility source), although it opens him up to attack enemies.
polishgangsta wrote:not really my kind of hero, but i guess that's just opinion.

I really don't like the blink strike on the ult
1. too simple to use.
2. i hate nukes that have 100% chance of hitting. maybe not a good point but, does DoE really need more of those (especially since Tristan already has a blink strike....)
Except that with this hero, it's imperative that he have one, since his attacks won't hit 75% of the time.
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

polishgangsta
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by polishgangsta » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:37 pm

i don't don't think that justifies his having a powerful nuke that can't be dodged (assuming the ult is powerful with 18 seconds of blind)
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:54 pm

except that blind doesn't really hurt enemies, but prevents them from hurting you (a good thing, since you then would most likely activate either of the first two skills, blinding you again).
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Return to “Exalted Hero Suggestions”