Kar, the Everburning Blade

This is where the best of the best hero suggestions get placed for respect. They might not have made it into DoE for one reason or another, but damned these suggestions were good. Maybe they could work for other maps, that's why they are here for reference. Check them all out!
Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Kar, the Everburning Blade

Post by Greenspawn » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Kar
The Everburning Blade
Agility; Order
Model: I was thinking the same model as Caliga, but more "burning-ish".

Level 1 Skill:
Incendia Tempestas
  • Creates a controllable twister of blades which deals 30/35/40/45/50 physical damage every second to nearby foes and ruins and bleeds them for 4/5/6/7/8 seconds. Twister lasts for X seconds. If Kar is suffering from a condition, then the twister's duration is doubled and also extends burn on struck foes by Y seconds. (Target Summon)
Level 1 Skill:
Burst
  • Whenever the target unit takes damage in excess of 60/40/20/10/0, the target has burn extended on it by 1/2/3/4/5 seconds. Buff lasts X seconds. Should the target die while under the effects of the buff, all nearby enemies will take Y physical damage and burn for Z seconds. (Target Buff)
Level 1 Skill:
Scorch
  • Steals the target's burn, extending it on Kar, dealing 40/50/60/70/80 physical damage to the target and healing the hero for 15/20/25/30/35 health per second burn stolen. Burns the target for X seconds. (Target Unit)
Level 6 Ultimate:
Raging Flames
  • As long as Kar has a burn duration greater than 7/5/3 seconds, all physical damage caused by him criticals by 140/180/220%. Passively causes his attacks to deal X bonus physical damage to foes suffering from a condition. (Passive)
Variables are constant values, numbers such as a/b/c/d/e are the changing factors with each level

Been working on this one for a while now. Note that Burst can target ANY unit, including Kar himself.

I see some potential for MAJOR damage with this hero, especially with the ultimate.

Please provide constructive feedback.

~Greenspawn
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

pandamanar
Revenent of the Replies

Re: Kar, the Everburning Blade

Post by pandamanar » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:02 pm

interesting hero :3 but Scorch seems a bit like an inverted Flickerflame...
besides that, I love him ;3 good job
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c242dfce214c
Play League of Legends, get to level 10 and I get buffs.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:17 pm

This hero could be cool if it were reverse-engineered to function with blind instead of burn.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:59 pm

Burst would cause perma-burn at levels 4 and 5. Other then that, the hero seems pretty cool.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:27 pm

Phox wrote:Burst would cause perma-burn at levels 4 and 5. Other then that, the hero seems pretty cool.
Assuming that the buffed unit only took damage from burn, then the total burn duration would be 5X seconds (Which, for burn, is quite a long while).
Rising_Dusk wrote:This hero could be cool if it were reverse-engineered to function with blind instead of burn.
I was actually considering using blind, in conjunction with small burn durations and larger bleed durations, but I liked the idea of burn, since so many heroes use it in DoE (Arró, Maltheron, Fahren, Glasse, Jhita, and others), and fewer heroes utilize blind (I think only Glasse and Aurea use it often, and Exuro and Kassar use it a little).

I'll think about posting a similar hero using blind. No promises though! 8-)
Math is # |e^iπ|
"I can't imagine getting hit by a giant rock and not being maimed or crippled or ruined" -Dusk

Logue: Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son believes if it's not there he does not have to wipe.

Greenspawn
Keeper of the Keys

Post by Greenspawn » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:28 pm

Wow. I got to exalted! :o I am most humbled by this decision.

I also have 2 questions about burn in conjunction with heroes.

1. I know burn durations should normally be short on units that can't counter it (i.e. they can't remove it or render it harmless by healing). Are there exceptions to this?

2. Does burn deal magickal damage and is this damage increased by ruin? Also, is it always 20 damage per second, or does armor play a role in reducing it?
Math is # |e^iπ|

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:08 pm

Greenspawn wrote:Wow. I got to exalted! :o I am most humbled by this decision.

I also have 2 questions about burn in conjunction with heroes.

1. I know burn durations should normally be short on units that can't counter it (i.e. they can't remove it or render it harmless by healing). Are there exceptions to this?

2. Does burn deal magickal damage and is this damage increased by ruin? Also, is it always 20 damage per second, or does armor play a role in reducing it?

Burn does deal magickal damage, and, therefore, is not affected by armor.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:25 am

It is however, affected by base magick resistance (20%) and magickal carapace (25%).
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

Return to “Exalted Hero Suggestions”