X'koreth, Perverted Ritualist

This is where the best of the best hero suggestions get placed for respect. They might not have made it into DoE for one reason or another, but damned these suggestions were good. Maybe they could work for other maps, that's why they are here for reference. Check them all out!
Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Re: X'koreth, Perverted Ritualist

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:14 pm

This hero has sort of lost the design philosophy over the weeks that I liked about it so much originally. Ah well.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:This hero has sort of lost the design philosophy over the weeks that I liked about it so much originally. Ah well.
Then we keep searching for an ultimate that will satisfy you, as well as the rest of the communauty!

Come on, let's find something really cool and really original, without being complicated. It feels like I'm just spewing out random bullshit because of the pressure. NOT GOOD.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:35 pm

These exalted heroes really aren't here to be consistently tailored so that I'll eventually move them to accepted, them being moved here signifies that great quality went into them and that I appreciate such work. All it takes is one great idea in a hero to get it moved here, sometimes a single idea is enough to make or break a concept.

Don't spew things out, just wait until it comes to you. If it never does, that's okay, but if it does that's even better. No pressure man, this is all for fun anyways. :)
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

Oxygen
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Oxygen » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:48 pm

Rising_Dusk wrote:These exalted heroes really aren't here to be consistently tailored so that I'll eventually move them to accepted, them being moved here signifies that great quality went into them and that I appreciate such work. All it takes is one great idea in a hero to get it moved here, sometimes a single idea is enough to make or break a concept.

Don't spew things out, just wait until it comes to you. If it never does, that's okay, but if it does that's even better. No pressure man, this is all for fun anyways. :)
Yes, yes, I realize. But I enjoy offering and posting good, completed work on forums. It's more out of personal spite than anything else, really.

Final_Pantheon
CAPS LOCK INCARNATE

Post by Final_Pantheon » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:02 am

Oxygen wrote: Yes, yes, I realize. But I enjoy offering and posting good, completed work on forums. It's more out of personal spite than anything else, really.
Who's to say what you're offering isn't good work? It's just not up to Dusk's high standards I guess. It's very difficult to produce work good enough for DoE, which is why it's such a great map: best of the best.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Nevrus
Noobite Warrior

Post by Nevrus » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:38 pm

Level 6 Ultimate Suggestion (to Exalt this even more):

Dark Sacrifice
Targets: Allied Hero
Cooldown: 180/120/60
Duration: 10/15/20

Performing a long-forgotten forbidden ritual, X'koreth sacrifices target hero(*Note: Ask Permission FIRST*) then channels for ten seconds. If this channeling is broken, the spell fails. If it succeeds, it summons a Darkness Elemental (Elder Voidwalker skin) that stays immobile but blasts foes with dark energy (chaos damage).

Level 1: Strong Elemental (150 chaos damage, 250 range, 2 second att speed)
Level 2: Stronger Elemental (200 chaos damage, 350 range, 1.5 second att speed)
Level 3: Strongest Elemental (250 chaos damage, 500 range, 1.5 second att speed)

Notes: This is tricky to pull off, and requires that one of your heroes dies, yet if pulled off it could easily result in pushing back a strong push on one lane. The target is supposed to be someone near death anyway, so that they could sacrifice themselves to save the lane. This can't be used willy-nilly because it's a waste of a hero death if the channeling is interrupted. And it's not certain death for anyone, as those afraid of it could walk outside of its range. But it has EXCELLENT game-support functionality: It could easily repel most invaders, though at a heavy cost. It goes right along with his creep support role, and even adds in flavor that supports his ritualist background.

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:54 pm

Dude, nobody is going to want to sacrifice their hero. Period.

Hell_Tempest
Grandmaster of Grammar

Post by Hell_Tempest » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:07 pm

That's never going to work, for basically the same reasons as above an it would take too long for the permission to be given in the heat of battle.

Nevrus
Noobite Warrior

Post by Nevrus » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:14 pm

"Guys, they're rushing top. If you get really low health, come over by me and I'll sac you and we'll push them back"

Phox
Letter Linguist

Post by Phox » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:31 pm

Nobody wants to lose their hero. That's 30 seconds out of the game. They would rather run back to heal. Seriously, would you do that? I know I wouldn't. Especially in a pub.

SetaSoujirou
Letter Linguist

Post by SetaSoujirou » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:54 pm

That skill doesn't have any synergy with his already existing skills...
A wild §eta has appeared!
*Twinkle* Lv. 1337
No I'm not a troll.

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:16 am

Looking for an ult eh? I have one idea, but I'm not really sure how well it works, but here goes...

Level 6 Ultimate:
Black Sleep of Kali Ma
  • AoE Shout.
    When used, X'koreth marks all nearby foes within some AoE. These units are marked for Z seconds, and if they die while marked, will rise again to serve X'koreth for Y seconds.
A few thoughts to go along with this:
1) If you ever wanted a pushing skill, this'd be it
2) With all his mass creep killing power, this could turn deadly quick
3) X could possibly either be doubled if they're bleeding or could tick away at half speed while bleeding to synergize with Imbalance of Nature
4) Yes, the name is uncreatively and inaccurately ripped off of Temple of Doom
5) I probably mean all nearby enemy creeps with this, but just so I can dream, I'm leaving it with the phrasing I already have

Hope I was helpful...
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Return to “Exalted Hero Suggestions”