Hector, the Triumphant

This is where the best of the best hero suggestions get placed for respect. They might not have made it into DoE for one reason or another, but damned these suggestions were good. Maybe they could work for other maps, that's why they are here for reference. Check them all out!
TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Re: Hector, the Triumphant

Post by TheDeathstalker » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:22 pm

I like it, a few questions though. Can Radiance be put on Hector, and if so, could he use His Forlorn Reach on an enemy, and infinite combo, or is it only when a condition is applied? Likewise would things like Firebrand increase the combos from His Forlorn Reach?

Other than those, he has a neat feel to him, and interacts with conditions in a very uniquely threatening way. Nice job.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:25 pm

TheDeathStalker wrote:Can Radiance be put on Hector, and if so, could he use His Forlorn Reach on an enemy, and infinite combo, or is it only when a condition is applied?
Yes, Radiance can be put on any unit. No, it wouldn't infinite combo, because it only applies conditions once per second.
TheDeathStalker wrote:Likewise would things like Firebrand increase the combos from His Forlorn Reach?
Yes, and for this reason I'd impose a "simulated" cooldown of 0.01 seconds. That way you couldn't infinite loop with his ult and items. This is really more about implementation than how the hero works, though.
"I'll come to Florida one day and make you look like a damn princess." ~Hep

TheDeathstalker
Keeper of the Keys

Post by TheDeathstalker » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:27 pm

In that case, Hector's one scary bastard... I like.
And though you come out of each gruelling bout,
All broken and beaten and scarred,
Just have one more try—it’s dead easy to die,
It’s the keeping-on-living that’s hard.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:09 am

I bonked this to Exalted because I personally really like the hero.

snakehawk37
Holder of the Alt-F4

Post by snakehawk37 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:42 pm

You should make this hero and then put the "Cricket of Doom" on Bane so he can be with all his other bugger buddies.

Seriously though, sounds like a fun hero, I like the offensive and yet supportish (via smite) feel he has. I'd imagine he would have similar stat growth as "The Black Lantern" (sorry I haven't played in a while, some of the names escape me)

Edit: Actually you should make Vihlia for the Bane :D

Pigger
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Pigger » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:27 pm

I understand the fun contained within this hero, but I'm unsure how fun he would ever be after playing him more than once or twice. The three click-shoot skills are one factor that turns me off of him, coupled with the passive that seems so basic that it really wouldn't be that fun. Perhaps I'm missing out on his epic-ness with replayability. I understand the stacking of his ultimate and his burn applying spell, as well as tossing on an extra condition with his first (Plus the massive damage output), but beyond that I don't really see what he brings to the battlefield. Sure he'd do great against a single enemy amidst swarms of burning enemies, but that all I see. He doesn't feel like anything new and exciting.

Rising_Dusk
Chosen of the Intargweeb

Post by Rising_Dusk » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:03 pm

Pigger wrote:The three click-shoot skills are one factor that turns me off of him, coupled with the passive that seems so basic that it really wouldn't be that fun.
Ever play Rikter? His passive is critical strike from the melee game. Just because something is very basic and simple doesn't mean it can't be fun. Doing a shitload of damage is always fun, and seeing like a +120 next to your attack damage is awesome, especially with having to work the burn to get it there in the first place.
Pigger wrote:I understand the stacking of his ultimate and his burn applying spell, as well as tossing on an extra condition with his first (Plus the massive damage output), but beyond that I don't really see what he brings to the battlefield.
I'll list his specific values for you.
  • Clutch condition removal damage, making enemy melee heroes scared to get too close to a unit that they just inflicted a condition upon. Excellent versus heroes like: Atrius, Rikter, Anick, and Caliga just in the first skill.
  • Forces enemy heroes to not cluster with each other and can also really clear creeps with his second skill.
  • Has the ability to really single out an enemy hero and sawtooth them down with his ultimate. He can also cast his second skill on himself, which makes him do more DPS as he jumps to them with each condition.
Anyways, the only marketable issue is having the ult be target unit. It might be cooler with target AOE so that he can bounce between multiple enemies.

Soul_Reaver
Revenent of the Replies

Post by Soul_Reaver » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:44 pm

I really like His Forlorn Reach.
It'd be awesome with Victor.

Return to “Exalted Hero Suggestions”